sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Please look at attached drawing. Both J&L OSC and Mishimoto are connecting their respective catchcans differently per their install instructions. You will notice that J&L OSC is connecting at the 2.0L PCV. Which one is the correct way? @Mishimoto.

Where2connect CatchCan.png
Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Good luck with tagging them, they've been dark since 2020. And the consensus seems to tilt towards not needing a catch can on the 2.0 because of the built in separator.

OP
OP
sstuner

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I did install J&L on my wife's 4Xe as a test. I'll post what I find at 500 then 1000 miles.

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
@sstuner , the reason why these 2 cans have different installation is because the J&L catch can is a PCV can while the Mishimoto can is a CCV can.

There are 2 different ventilation circuits on the 2.0. The PCV circuit is active/venting during non-boost, low-load driving. This circuit is only active when there is negative manifold pressure.

The CCV circuit gets activated under boost when a check-valve close the PCV circuit when there is positive manifold pressure.

So in theory, the J&L catch can will catch stuff if you drive more under low-load while the Mishimoto can should catch more stuff if you drive it like your stole it.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
@sstuner , the reason why these 2 cans have different installation is because the J&L catch can is a PCV can while the Mishimoto can is a CCV can.

There are 2 different ventilation circuits on the 2.0. The PCV circuit is active/venting during non-boost, low-load driving. This circuit is only active when there is negative manifold pressure.

The CCV circuit gets activated under boost when a check-valve close the PCV circuit when there is positive manifold pressure.

So in theory, the J&L catch can will catch stuff if you drive more under low-load while the Mishimoto can should catch more stuff if you drive it like your stole it.
That explains why the Mishimoto tends to not catch very much.

I wonder if the J&L results will be different.

Sponsored

Boosted_Rubi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
After 10k miles, I’ve emptied less than a teaspoon out of my mishimoto catch can. Combo country/highway/towing

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
I installed the J&L can on Friday and checked it on Sunday. This is what was inside after two days.
Jeep Wrangler JL J&L OSC vs. Mishimoto catchcan installation Catch

ym0bc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Good luck with tagging them, they've been dark since 2020. And the consensus seems to tilt towards not needing a catch can on the 2.0 because of the built in separator.
Could you elaborate the built in separator? Or any previous threads about it?

Trigger-Rubi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I see installs off passenger side back of valve cover.
I see vent hose off driver side also returning to intake system.
Seems to only catch half the system?
Sponsored