I've probably had the worst experience out of anyone that's received their JL

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
They just kept replacing the ECU I believe. Here’s the original sticker if you’re interested.
629F9C0E-5E4F-4DD4-85C2-6D0C8BBB4FA6.jpeg
Thanks, but the dealer printed out a copy and had it on the jeep showing it was $7,900 off. Plus FCA had removed the original soft top and replaced it with the 3 piece hardtop for some reason. My dealer said it was probably to increase the resale value.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
I only read the first paragraph of this - I can sympathize. Jeep Cares is a PR stunt. Same thing happened to me, massive issues, was told a case was created and someone would call which never happened. You can read through my previous threads on the subject but in short you have to contact FCA directly with issues - local dealership went as far as asking me why I didn’t bring my Jeep back to where I bought it. Go figure.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I only read the first paragraph of this - I can sympathize. Jeep Cares is a PR stunt. Same thing happened to me, massive issues, was told a case was created and someone would call which never happened. You can read through my previous threads on the subject but in short you have to contact FCA directly with issues - local dealership went as far as asking me why I didn’t bring my Jeep back to where I bought it. Go figure.
When I got my Jeep the first week I noticed that the PRND shifter lights never went out. Like, Park it, go to bed, come back and they're still on. Took it to the dealership and they had to order a replacement. I called Jeep cares and got someone who helped me out a ton. The part went from a month plus wait to getting it pulled out of the assembly line in Toledo and installes insideimy Jeep in a week. I'm not saying all reps are great, but I had a good experience.

Sorry to everyone who isn't.

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
maybe @JeepCares via phone is a different service - online and on the forums, a case was created, told would receive a call and never did. messaged them 5+ times while i was having issues at the dealership, what was supposed to be an elevated experience with the case being created was the worst experience i've ever had. when i called out @JeepCares very quickly turned into "not my fault" and trying to place blame on others.

it took a 5 paragraph e-mail from me to FCA to 2 executives to get a callback right away, i'm actually waiting for tow truck now to flatbed my jeep to a different dealership and to have a rental dropped off. this is my 4th jeep and possibly my last if i don't buy it out - going forward certainly not spending $50K+ for this level of service.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
maybe @JeepCares via phone is a different service - online and on the forums, a case was created, told would receive a call and never did. messaged them 5+ times while i was having issues at the dealership, what was supposed to be an elevated experience with the case being created was the worst experience i've ever had. when i called out @JeepCares very quickly turned into "not my fault" and trying to place blame on others.

it took a 5 paragraph e-mail from me to FCA to 2 executives to get a callback right away, i'm actually waiting for tow truck now to flatbed my jeep to a different dealership and to have a rental dropped off. this is my 4th jeep and possibly my last if i don't buy it out - going forward certainly not spending $50K+ for this level of service.
Call them .Always a better experience over phone imho .

Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Update on post #83

You may be familiar with my post about my Electronic Throttle Control failure
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...malfunction-towed-jlur.3739/page-3#post-80999

Here's how everything has unfolded:

Picked up my JLUR on Saturday, 2/10 at 6:00PM, drove it 60 miles home, then took it for a cruise. At 65 miles, throttle goes out while driving, and I pull to the side of the road call Jeep roadside assistance. They send a tow truck that doesn't get there for 2.5 hours. It's raining and now 1:30AM. I uber home.

It sits at the dealership closest to my home (not the one I purchased it from) until Monday morning when I get a call from service letting me know they received my Jeep. The next day, they tell me It's the ECU and it will be a week before they even get the part.

I visited the dealership that I purchased it from and they really didn't seem to care. As long as it was getting fixed, they couldn't care less that my brand new Jeep was in the shop for a week. They asked if I needed a rental, that was the extent of their "customer service". They then referred me to Jeep Cares for any type of support.

In the meantime I notified @JeepCares and they created a case for me and said my case manager would reach out to me within 48 hours. Of course, no call.

Finally pick it up on Friday, 2/16 and take it home. There's a scuff on the passenger's seat and my painted tow hook is scratch badly. I call the dealership and they say it's the towing companies fault and they aren't responsible. They tell me to contact the towing company. Remember, it was Jeep Cares that called for the tow so I don't have the company's name. Saturday morning I take it for a spin and check engine light comes on. It did this just before it broke down last time, so I immediately drove it the 3 miles home.I didn't want to chance it breaking down again on the side of the road. I called Jeep Cares and was told to leave it parked until my case manager (which never called before) reaches out to me on Monday. By the end of day Monday, no call.

I call the Jeep Cares number and get to speak with someone who I guess is now my case manager. He offers to get it towed, which I declined, I'll just take my chances driving it given my previous experience. He also offers to find the tow company's info so that I can call them and shake them down for repair. Yay, more time and effort for me. He also informs me that FCA cannot compensate me for my time/trouble in any way. He puts this responsibility on the dealership that told me the exact opposite. He then calls the dealership and schedules an appointment with me there on the line with him.

I take the Jeep in at 8:00am making sure they have plenty of time to diagnose. At 4:00pm I hadn't heard anything, so I call them. They guy responsible for my Jeep is on the other line and they tell him to call me back. He finally calls back at 6:00pm to inform me that they haven't even touched my Jeep because they were too busy! What's the point of the appointment?!

As of right now I have a $55k Jeep that's been drivable 2 hours out of 11 days of ownership. This is the WORST customer service I have ever had with any product I have ever purchased, especially at this price point. Lemon law in TN is 4 attempts to fix, or thirty days in the shop the first year. I'm halfway there and I pray FCA doesn't wait until I have to enforce state law to make it right.

Am I being unreasonable? Honestly, tell me if I am. I understand it's a new model and problems come up, but what has me really upset is that no one wants to take responsibility, and I'm having to put way too much time and effort into a brand new Jeep.

@JeepCares is there anyway to escalate this to management?

Thanks for reading guys!

*Edit
I forget to mention my speakers went out 5 minutes after leaving the dealership for the entire hour long ride home. Service couldn’t recreate the issue.
Sorry this has happen to you. I purchased my Jeep out of state and local dealer was ok with the purchase but his employee where not so I was in another town to gat a PVC value replaced after 14 miles and talked to my service advisor (SA) and he was very frank and said any dealers can pick if they want to do warranty work or not as it a loosing cost since FCA does not pay much for shop time. I thanked him for taking my little issue to check and replace value. Offer to pay more. So I have befriended my SA as this dealer is 30 minutes away. Yes I sat and waited 2 hours but brought some work and did a dentist visit for cleaning.

Wish you well to get that trust level back.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I have to chime in for JeepCare. They called me right away (after posting on this message board about the death wobble). They stayed in contact with the service department every step of the way to make sure parts were ordered and called me when it showed they arrived at the dealer. JeepCares offered to pay for a rental (didn't need it because the service dept. gave me a loaner). JeepCares called me almost every day to give me an update. I brought it in for an oil change and JeepCares called me the same day saying they noticed my Jeep was in for service and wanted to make sure it wasn't because of a problem. The folks there are very helpful and stay with a customer until the problem is resolved. Ya, it sucks to bring a 50+K car in for repairs with less than 10K, but that's more of a factory quality issue. On the back end, JeepCares does the best they can to make the experience bearable.....

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have to chime in for JeepCare. They called me right away (after posting on this message board about the death wobble). They stayed in contact with the service department every step of the way to make sure parts were ordered and called me when it showed they arrived at the dealer. JeepCares offered to pay for a rental (didn't need it because the service dept. gave me a loaner). JeepCares called me almost every day to give me an update. I brought it in for an oil change and JeepCares called me the same day saying they noticed my Jeep was in for service and wanted to make sure it wasn't because of a problem. The folks there are very helpful and stay with a customer until the problem is resolved. Ya, it sucks to bring a 50+K car in for repairs with less than 10K, but that's more of a factory quality issue. On the back end, JeepCares does the best they can to make the experience bearable.....
Glad your experience with them was prompt and follow up contacts. I called them with my issue, they did call the dealership and informed me of the same diagnosed as the service writer told me. Didn't hear from them until over a week after I picked up my Jeep.
Hope your problems were solved...so far I'm good.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Glad your experience with them was prompt and follow up contacts. I called them with my issue, they did call the dealership and informed me of the same diagnosed as the service writer told me. Didn't hear from them until over a week after I picked up my Jeep.
Hope your problems were solved...so far I'm good.
So far so good.....but you never know. Once broken down on the side of the road, I'm hesitant to trust 100%

Sponsored

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Update on post #83

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...malfunction-towed-jlur.3739/page-3#post-80999

Picked up my JLUR on Saturday, 2/10 at 6:00PM, drove it 60 miles home, then took it for a cruise. At 65 miles, throttle goes out while driving, and I pull to the side of the road call Jeep roadside assistance. They send a tow truck that doesn't get there for 2.5 hours. It's raining and now 1:30AM. I uber home.

It sits at the dealership closest to my home (not the one I purchased it from) until Monday morning when I get a call from service letting me know they received my Jeep. The next day, they tell me It's the ECU and it will be a week before they even get the part.

I visited the dealership that I purchased it from and they really didn't seem to care. As long as it was getting fixed, they couldn't care less that my brand new Jeep was in the shop for a week. They asked if I needed a rental, that was the extent of their "customer service". They then referred me to Jeep Cares for any type of support.

In the meantime I notified @JeepCares and they created a case for me and said my case manager would reach out to me within 48 hours. Of course, no call.

Finally pick it up on Friday, 2/16 and take it home. There's a scuff on the passenger's seat and my painted tow hook is scratch badly. I call the dealership and they say it's the towing companies fault and they aren't responsible. They tell me to contact the towing company. Remember, it was Jeep Cares that called for the tow so I don't have the company's name. Saturday morning I take it for a spin and check engine light comes on. It did this just before it broke down last time, so I immediately drove it the 3 miles home.I didn't want to chance it breaking down again on the side of the road. I called Jeep Cares and was told to leave it parked until my case manager (which never called before) reaches out to me on Monday. By the end of day Monday, no call.

I call the Jeep Cares number and get to speak with someone who I guess is now my case manager. He offers to get it towed, which I declined, I'll just take my chances driving it given my previous experience. He also offers to find the tow company's info so that I can call them and shake them down for repair. Yay, more time and effort for me. He also informs me that FCA cannot compensate me for my time/trouble in any way. He puts this responsibility on the dealership that told me the exact opposite. He then calls the dealership and schedules an appointment with me there on the line with him.

I take the Jeep in at 8:00am making sure they have plenty of time to diagnose. At 4:00pm I hadn't heard anything, so I call them. They guy responsible for my Jeep is on the other line and they tell him to call me back. He finally calls back at 6:00pm to inform me that they haven't even touched my Jeep because they were too busy! What's the point of the appointment?!

As of right now I have a $55k Jeep that's been drivable 2 hours out of 11 days of ownership. This is the WORST customer service I have ever had with any product I have ever purchased, especially at this price point. Lemon law in TN is 4 attempts to fix, or thirty days in the shop the first year. I'm halfway there and I pray FCA doesn't wait until I have to enforce state law to make it right.

Am I being unreasonable? Honestly, tell me if I am. I understand it's a new model and problems come up, but what has me really upset is that no one wants to take responsibility, and I'm having to put way too much time and effort into a brand new Jeep.

Thanks for reading guys!

*Edit
I forget to mention my speakers went out 5 minutes after leaving the dealership for the entire hour long ride home. Service couldn’t recreate the issue.
I know this is an old issue. But I bought mine at Steve Jones in Dickson TN. They have a great service department. Just got back from a 3776 mile trip to Moab Utah and Hagermans Pass in Colorado. Averaged 24.5mpg from my 2018 JLU Sahara. Had a great time

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Update on post #83

Thanks for reading guys!

*Edit
You could do what I did. I asked for the manager and some "kid" couldn't have been more than 18 comes out to talk to me. I asked him if he could make decisions about the situation, he said "No" I simply said you have 5 minutes to get a real manager out here or this Jeep is going to end up back on your showroom floor. I started taking all my things out of the vehicle. When the manager came out I told him to take the keys, tear up the contract and we are done (it had only been 3 days since purchase) This was their big "Reel you in" and I called them on it. They wanted me to pay for a repair I did not cause and actually pointed out to the salesman. Once off the lot their memory got very bad. Finally the sales manager came out (I was pissed and waiting for the cops) He told me I would not have to spend a penny, he would cover everything and also gave me 4 free oil changes and a new Charger to drive around until the repair was done and I also got a full coverage 4 year premier coverage package for free. Boy I must have looked like a maniac. OMG I was so F*&^%ing mad.... I think they just wanted me gone, they were losing money every minute I was there. Get this, they wanted me to post a positive review on Yelp, Sure I will (NOT!) there is another dealer on the other side of town. No issues with them..
Sponsored