Sponsored

I've never went "offroad" before, but today I gave it a shot..

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
The incline on the dashboard said it was 25 degrees when we got to the top. Really doesn't look steep in the video now that I watch it, but it felt steep!

I didn't get why people went "off-roading" before, but I totally understand now.

Good for you. Well done! Everyone has to start somewhere! When it is safe and permitted, try getting out with some other folks - it greatly accellerates your learning, and it is much safer since you have help, so you can try more stuff and learn even faster.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you. Well done! Everyone has to start somewhere! When it is safe and permitted, try getting out with some other folks - it greatly accellerates your learning, and it is much safer since you have help, so you can try more stuff and learn even faster.
Second this! We learned a lot the hard way because we wheeled by ourselves for a year. The lessons stuck more and we were able to help others climb the curve but it's always nice to have a buddy or two out there both encouraging and warning :)

OP
OP
footose

footose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
You'd be surprised where a stock rig can go. If I may offer advice: Leave it stock to start. Learning to drive a stock rig will make you a much better driver down the line. Build UP: What that means, is from the ground up: Tires, skidplates, bumpers, recovery (winch), then suspension, then gearling and lockers.

Skidplates aren't just for hardcore rock crawling either. Mine have shielded the underside of previous Jeeps from road and trail debris, bottoming out on dirt hills, and logs and other stuff. Sure, skidplates aren't as sexy as a 3" lift and 35's with fancy wheels, but they'll protect your rig where it matters and make sure you get home under your own power. Good luck!
Good advice! Just wheels and tires for me right now - but I'm sure it'll be more soon. I'm not ready to void warranties and stuff for a lift.. yet.

I waited at least 4 months before dropping a T3/T4 Turbo into my last new car. lol

Philongo

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
The incline on the dashboard said it was 25 degrees when we got to the top. Really doesn't look steep in the video now that I watch it, but it felt steep!

I didn't get why people went "off-roading" before, but I totally understand now.

That's awesome, I'm anew Jeep owner too and I'm yet to take it out. I keep watch YouTube videos of folks having a blast. I'm just nervous getting stuck somewhere or not knowing what I'm doing. I plan on taking it out sometime though. I definitely love my Jeep.