Sponsored

I've never went "offroad" before, but today I gave it a shot..

GeepNee

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2018 Tesla Model 3
I, too, went off-roading yesterday... went on a trail heading into Big Bear and another one around Big Bear Lake.
Pioneertown 1 4.29.20.JPG
Pioneertown 3 4.29.20.JPG
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

its so much fun. welcome to the offroad world!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
The incline on the dashboard said it was 25 degrees when we got to the top. Really doesn't look steep in the video now that I watch it, but it felt steep!

I didn't get why people went "off-roading" before, but I totally understand now.
And thus the obsession begins.
Don't worry how things look on video, or photos. I never take videos, and rarely take photos. Not because I don't want to share, but I'm generally not thinking about it at the time. I don't do any serious off roading so my photos/videos would be pretty lame anyway. You're doing it exactly right. Start small and build up. The little stuff like a hill with that small dip in front of it is the stuff that develops your feel for how the Jeep handles things. If you start on extreme stuff, you do more harm than needed. Not just to your Jeep, but to the trail too by smashing through brush, or rutting up the ground. Tread lightly, and by starting small you learn how to do that.
Well done, and welcome to the fun.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The incline on the dashboard said it was 25 degrees when we got to the top. Really doesn't look steep in the video now that I watch it, but it felt steep!

I didn't get why people went "off-roading" before, but I totally understand now.

25¤ doesn't look like much on video but it feels intimidating. 35¤ is where I chicken out...

Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
25¤ doesn't look like much on video but it feels intimidating. 35¤ is where I chicken out...
Yep, somewhere in the 30s gets interesting. 25 (even 22) on roll though will definitely get your attention especially on a cliff edge

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!
Isn't it awesome?! The first time we went we were hooked. On that day my wife turned to me and said you need to get your own Jeep and 9 months later I did. That was the day the mental disorder kicked into over drive :)
It's so great to see others experience that bug for the first time, thanks for sharing and here's to many more outings!

Note: 30 pitch is when the pucker kicks in 22 roll is plenty of pucker too.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

great to see another manual transmission - nothing like the smell of burning clutch in the morning

Reactions: TMP

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dobes and Jeeps. We need our own thread!

IMG_3186.JPG
I think we do! Who is going to start it? You start and I will post or I will start and you post or :giggle:

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Funny you say that, on my drive home from up north (here in canada), there are tons of bedrock things blown out by Dynamite. All i was thinking was .. "I wonder if my Jeep could get up that?"
You'd be surprised where a stock rig can go. If I may offer advice: Leave it stock to start. Learning to drive a stock rig will make you a much better driver down the line. Build UP: What that means, is from the ground up: Tires, skidplates, bumpers, recovery (winch), then suspension, then gearling and lockers.

Skidplates aren't just for hardcore rock crawling either. Mine have shielded the underside of previous Jeeps from road and trail debris, bottoming out on dirt hills, and logs and other stuff. Sure, skidplates aren't as sexy as a 3" lift and 35's with fancy wheels, but they'll protect your rig where it matters and make sure you get home under your own power. Good luck!

Maxdady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray Rubicon
And so it begins...
Just Empty Every Pocket is a thing for a reason! Enjoy, it is awesome!
-H

20200417_113246.jpg

Mom2SNSH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Yahoo!!!! I remember my first time too! (granted it was only a year ago! ha ha!) Can't wait to get back out there!!! Great job!!!!

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Wrangler JL 360

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

I got 31 degree last weekend and def the pictures don’t make it look bad at all.

2E97FE8A-F61F-4ED1-978B-8B999564DE7E.jpeg
Sponsored