First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
Thanks for the photo. You did a nice job mounting it there. Easy to get to. Did you wire it directly to the battery or connect to the auxiliary wires?
Ive use the accessory wire from the aux wiring bundle.
Sponsored

kellyc33

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Rubicon, Subaru Outback
I chose not too, theres another wire thats always on, no switch needed
You choose not to have the CB work when the motor is turned off. Why did you pick that option? Were you worried about draining the battery?

OP
OP
mlotero

mlotero

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
You choose not to have the CB work when the motor is turned off. Why did you pick that option? Were you worried about draining the battery?
Yeah didnt wanna take a chance forgetting to turn the radio off

Sponsored

kellyc33

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah didnt wanna take a chance forgetting to turn the radio off
Ya. That makes a lot of sense. I have all the parts you used in my garage, and will do the install this coming week. I got the antenna kit from Cooltech and hadn't even looked at it yet, until I saw your pics. It's the same one. The handheld is the same also. My C 75 came with a auxiliary speaker, so I may install it too, if I find the perfect place.

OP
OP
mlotero

mlotero

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
Ya. That makes a lot of sense. I have all the parts you used in my garage, and will do the install this coming week. I got the antenna kit from Cooltech and hadn't even looked at it yet, until I saw your pics. It's the same one. The handheld is the same also. My C 75 came with a auxiliary speaker, so I may install it too, if I find the perfect place.
Its a really nice kit, now i just gotta learn how to use the radio since its my first one

kellyc33

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its a really nice kit, now i just gotta learn how to use the radio since its my first one
I have heard on this forum that the speaker is not really loud enough to hear clearly when out on the trail. What do you think?

OP
OP
mlotero

mlotero

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
I have heard on this forum that the speaker is not really loud enough to hear clearly when out on the trail. What do you think?
Ill find out tomorrow, going to try it out, but i also have the rca cable just in case

kellyc33

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ill find out tomorrow, going to try it out, but i also have the rca cable just in case
Make sure to post your findings tomorrow. Maybe I won't worry about installing the aux speaker if you think there's plenty of volume. Not a lot of spare room in the JL.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mlotero

mlotero

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
Make sure to post your findings tomorrow. Maybe I won't worry about installing the aux speaker if you think there's plenty of volume. Not a lot of spare room in the JL.
You can always keep a rechargeable speaker with aux input available in the glove box
20180714_191333.jpg
in the gl

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I'll post more pictures when I get it done. But I ran out of time today to finish the job. I got a new one for you all from Jeep, a "FU" if you will. I couldn't find the aux wiring under the dash. Did find a single taped wire over on the passenger side firewall, still curious what that wire is for. But my friend and I thought it was weird that there was a wire harness with so much extra wire that came in one hole and went out another hole. I scrapped away the tape in the middle, saw it was 6 wires and the colors matched. Cut the the constant power wire in the middle, and tested to see what side the power was coming from. It was coming from the main wiring loom, so then I tried to pull out the other end, caught under foam insulation and the HVAC parts, but it wouldn't budge. Ended up just cutting the wiring bundle right at the foam, and shrink tubing new ends "Safety" ends on for now. Wonder if anyone else has had that issue?

So I bought a 3' 1/8" to 1/8" audio cable that I plan to hook to the the Aux outlet on the Cobra and make available to plug into the aux audio input on the dash. this will be my backup if I need more volume. The cobra is plenty loud.

I mounted mine under the seat. Took off seat, pulled back carpet, and screwed it right to the steel cross member, cut a hole in the carpet for the "dongle" to stick through. I ran out of time, so tomorrow I need to pull the seat, and tune it, and also put in the 1/8" jack. Will post more pictures then.

Thanks Jeep, you slowed me down a lot today. But thank you for the extra grounding screw, that was nice of you.

wires.JPG
wires2.JPG

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

kellyc33

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great video.
What type of CB are you installing? it's strange that you couldn't locate the accessory cables. i thought they were just under the dash, in the passenger side firewall upper corner. Maybe yours got stuffed behind the glove box?

OP
OP
mlotero

mlotero

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
The radio works great, no tuning needed.
But you definitely need the external speaker or connect it to the radio.
Ive used my rechargeable speaker because i also wanted to listen to music, really happy with the outcome
Sponsored