Sponsored

Ive just got the Snorkel Kit from Mopar

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if you can cut the hole in the hood without taking the hood off? Just curious if you could flip it up against the windshield and cut it from there. Thank you

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
It is apples to oranges between the Range Rover and the Wrangler but five more inches is still five more inches ;). It also has air suspension, adjustable up to 4 inches with the push of a button, and different transfer case / locking differential drive modes based on terrain. So, while it would benefit from better tires, it does pretty well.

3C9F7DBE-290A-41BF-BEC0-26BC6EB2BDBC.jpeg
THATS WHAT SHE SAID.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Does anyone know if you can cut the hole in the hood without taking the hood off? Just curious if you could flip it up against the windshield and cut it from there. Thank you
I did a test fit with the hood up about 12" and it seemed very doable leaving it on. I don't wanna risk messing up the paint around the hood screws when they break free.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did a test fit with the hood up about 12" and it seemed very doable leaving it on. I don't wanna risk messing up the paint around the hood screws when they break free.
Good to know. That was my concern too.
Thanks

Sponsored

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
Someone in my Jeep club with the mopar snorkel on his JL has a blown engine. Dealer claims it’s due to water / sand getting in it. He claims the air box is dry and has been dry. I am scared now since I put the same snorkel on and want to take it off. I have no idea how to plug the hole I cut in the hood now.....

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't worry, that is one case. Its a mopar product, enjoy it!

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Smart people don't take their 40K+ JL's that have more computer components than the first Saturn V Rocket into water depths above halfway above the windshield. A snorkel is useless in any vehicle made after 1990. The whole DUST argument is BS as well. Seriously this there that much of a dust difference from he factory filter location under the hood vs the snorkel location 3ft higher. I doubt it. Air is probably cleaner under the hood anyway.
Have you ever looked at the systems for a Saturn V, or the command module? The entire circumference of the CM was a computer, each circuit individually run and terminated. Core memory was built PER BIT. Programming was literally woven into place on the ROMs. Connectors and locations of the major electronics on a modern jeep are isolated, sealed, and designed to combat intrusion.

You have to be careful, and you have to pick your lines and weigh the options but avoiding a water hole just because it's got a computer is malarky.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not being a wise a$$ at all, but what good is that snorkel doing?!

I know what it's for(kinda) but can someone please explain why the huge snorkel??

Do people really drive in water depths that are up to the windshield?
Last weekend at Rausch Off Road Park, on Offroad Consulting's 101 class...36"depth.

Next weekend I'm expecting/hoping for deeper water...wait...er no snorkel...maybe I can wait. :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Ive just got the Snorkel Kit from Mopar IMG_3091

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Have you ever looked at the systems for a Saturn V, or the command module? The entire circumference of the CM was a computer, each circuit individually run and terminated. Core memory was built PER BIT. Programming was literally woven into place on the ROMs. Connectors and locations of the major electronics on a modern jeep are isolated, sealed, and designed to combat intrusion.

You have to be careful, and you have to pick your lines and weigh the options but avoiding a water hole just because it's got a computer is malarky.
Like. Like. Like.

Sponsored

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Turbo Unlimited Altitude Sport, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio TI Sport, 2001 Audi TT 225 Roadster, 1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
Occupation
Jeep Sales
Extremely happy with mine so far. Granted it's more for looks, but I like to think I'm getting a small boost in performance with the cooler air coming in and going through my Mishimoto cold air intake. It pairs nicely with my Burger JB4 tune and added boost. Oh and some better gas mileage as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ive just got the Snorkel Kit from Mopar Wrangler Snorkel 2

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
And if you want to know the “why” then see this from the week before I had the snorkel installed.

WOW nice....... GET SOME....... :jk: :like:

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the snorkel would interfere with a windshield light bar bracket?

something similar to this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Ive just got the Snorkel Kit from Mopar Wrangler Snorkel 2
same thing i would like to know... i need lights.... i usually drive alone...

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
WOW nice....... GET SOME....... :jk: :like:
Thanks! It performs perfectly with the Mopar snorkel and no water inside which is insane. Each time I go deep I check the differentials etc and they’re always clean which is crazy.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ive just got the Snorkel Kit from Mopar FDCA238F-B1E2-4BA6-956B-809776F89DEF

6B0F6996-704B-425C-A420-4586A219E253.jpeg

Last edited:

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Why is the Mopar snorkel so popular vs the ARB? Am trying to decide between the two. Is it because there is a perception that since it is a Mopar product, it might be better for warranty claims etc?? Just curious.
Sponsored