McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Why is the Mopar snorkel so popular vs the ARB? Am trying to decide between the two. Is it because there is a perception that since it is a Mopar product, it might be better for warranty claims etc?? Just curious.
im planning on installing the ARB too. Can someone explain pls
Sponsored

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
Why is the Mopar snorkel so popular vs the ARB? Am trying to decide between the two. Is it because there is a perception that since it is a Mopar product, it might be better for warranty claims etc?? Just curious.
Agreed. I'm looking into getting one but am unsure if I should get the Mopar or ARB model. Is there any significant difference? I do like the jeep badge on he Mopar model though :)

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Agreed. I'm looking into getting one but am unsure if I should get the Mopar or ARB model. Is there any significant difference? I do like the jeep badge on he Mopar model though :)
I was originally looking at the MOPAR one, as it seems a less involved install, especially for those of us with SOT roofs. The ARB needs you to fold the window down, and that isn't recommended with SOT Jeeps.

However, I've read that the MOPAR snorkel is not an airtight/sealed connection between the snorkel and the airbox. Which sort of defeats part of the purpose of moving the air intake up higher.

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was originally looking at the MOPAR one, as it seems a less involved install, especially for those of us with SOT roofs. The ARB needs you to fold the window down, and that isn't recommended with SOT Jeeps.

However, I've read that the MOPAR snorkel is not an airtight/sealed connection between the snorkel and the airbox. Which sort of defeats part of the purpose of moving the air intake up higher.
What is SOT and what do you mean by folding down the windows?

Sponsored

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
I love the Mopar snorkel and it is water tight. My issue is since the dealership installed it (for the warranty) is that I get the MIL (check engine light) all the time. They kept if for weeks and said it was fixed and within a week it was back on. The code says crankcase hose disconnected which is not true. I just use a code clearer each time it comes on. It’s annoying but I gave up trying to get it fixed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ive just got the Snorkel Kit from Mopar 43B0ECAD-8B99-4F81-8A9A-269D92689642

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

What is SOT and what do you mean by folding down the windows?
Skypower One Touch.
The ARB install has you folding the front windshield down to get access to the interior side of the A pillar. The manual says folding down the front window on a SkyPower top is not recommended.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I love the Mopar snorkel and it is water tight. My issue is since the dealership installed it (for the warranty) is that I get the MIL (check engine light) all the time. They kept if for weeks and said it was fixed and within a week it was back on. The code says crankcase hose disconnected which is not true. I just use a code clearer each time it comes on. It’s annoying but I gave up trying to get it fixed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ive just got the Snorkel Kit from Mopar 43B0ECAD-8B99-4F81-8A9A-269D92689642
Sounds like a sensor got damaged?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Skypower One Touch.
The ARB install has you folding the front windshield down to get access to the interior side of the A pillar. The manual says folding down the front window on a SkyPower top is not recommended.
So does this mean that with the ARB snorkel you could still run with the windshield folded down? (On a non-SOT Jeep?)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't mind me asking, what did the dealer charge to install it?

Also, I think people confuse it with the Rugged Ridge. It has a gap at the cowling below the windshield that is not air tight.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

So does this mean that with the ARB snorkel you could still run with the windshield folded down? (On a non-SOT Jeep?)
I’m not sure, I’d have to dig up the installation manual again.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure, I’d have to dig up the installation manual again.
Not sure I want a snorkel or not, but every now and again I think about it. It would have to let me fold that windshield, though, for sure. I don't do it often, but it is a load of fun when I do.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
Really happy with the way it looks

Let us know if you get the dreaded Crankshaft Hose disconnect MIL (engine light). See my threads in this posting area. I never was able to get those errors to stop even after having Jeep take the Jeep for 3+ weeks (and it was dealer installed to make sure it was under warranty). As you will see from my postings, it has gone DEEP and I have had no issues. The MIL was from before the deep crossings, btw. It happens usually after I fill up with gas. Good luck!
Sponsored