Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of snorkel, I saw this Tacoma on I-95 South trying to be like a JL
It looks like a snake hitching a ride.

I couldn't help but notice the little T-Rex decal on the side-view mirror. Did you take that picture while driving??? ;)

shame.gif
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like a snake hitching a ride.

I couldn't help but notice the little T-Rex decal on the side-view mirror. Did you take that picture while driving??? ;)

shame.gif
Yeah to the not knowing I bet it freaks people out haha ‘what the hell is that?!’

Yes I took it while driving here is what my side view mirrors say haha

5E573AEA-BB91-464D-BC70-4073333B7783.jpeg

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Watching that jeep drive through the water reminded me of why I never buy used vehicles. You never know what a previous owner is going to do. Of course I would never buy any vehicle with a hole cut in the hood or fender and a big piece of plastic bolted to the side of it anyways. Those snorkels are going to be resale killers on any model.
That Tacoma with the snorkel looked especially nasty.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Looks good. My wife’s Range Rover has a fording depth of over 35 inches. The JL can only ford 30 inches. A snorkel can make the difference in whether or not you hydrolock your engine.
Your wife’s Range Rover with the low-profile speed rated highway tires better be crossing 35 inches of water on a paved parking lot because if it’s even wet grass you’re stuck. Lol

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your wife’s Range Rover with the low-profile speed rated highway tires better be crossing 35 inches of water on a paved parking lot because if it’s even wet grass you’re stuck. Lol
It is apples to oranges between the Range Rover and the Wrangler but five more inches is still five more inches ;). It also has air suspension, adjustable up to 4 inches with the push of a button, and different transfer case / locking differential drive modes based on terrain. So, while it would benefit from better tires, it does pretty well.

3C9F7DBE-290A-41BF-BEC0-26BC6EB2BDBC.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Well some times to get where you want to go there is water in the way.. sometimes deeper that yu think. so whats a few hundred bucks vs a hydrolocked engine? But Snorkles are really a misnomer they should be something like a higher cool air intake, out west we have alot of dusty trails and if you are ever on the trail with a bunch of other unlees you are in th e lead you are gonna suck dust.. Even alone the air intake is closer to the ground, and you suck in hot air and dust, Check out youtube. Mopar snorkel install by drive the globe.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Those snorkels are going to be resale killers on any model.
Nah. People want Wranglers so bad, they'll easily take one with a snorkel installed. My JK had the AEV snorkel and it didn't affect the resale value whatsoever.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Watching that jeep drive through the water reminded me of why I never buy used vehicles. You never know what a previous owner is going to do. Of course I would never buy any vehicle with a hole cut in the hood or fender and a big piece of plastic bolted to the side of it anyways. Those snorkels are going to be resale killers on any model.
That Tacoma with the snorkel looked especially nasty.
It wont kill anything. If someone wants to remove it you install the CAI outlet where the snorkel goes thru the hood. The Mopar CAI is due out soon and includes the fixture for the hole.

Sponsored

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
so @daviddlt / @Oneilc01 how u liking the snorkel after a couple weeks? would you do it again?
Love the snorkel. Only issue is I’m getting a error code every time I fill up with gas.

Very frustrating. There is another member having the same issue and we both have the Turbo.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Love the snorkel. Only issue is I’m getting a error code every time I fill up with gas.

Very frustrating. There is another member having the same issue and we both have the Turbo.
How high in the cabin does the water come? What about clean up, seat cushions getting wet.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
How high in the cabin does the water come? What about clean up, seat cushions getting wet.
Zero water in the cabin with the floor plugs in. I used the regular floor plugs and then the Mopar mats on top of the regular plugs.
Sponsored