First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
It is a funny title .. Jeeps looking good!
Thanks! I’m wondering what I should do next. Thinking lights, or air. I’d do a lift and bigger tires but I won’t have all my tools as I’m in South Carolina now then Mexico second half of the year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Need to take some photos. We have the same color.

9BD28FDE-B6D9-4E54-8FD9-808CE1D7206A.jpeg

2E89258C-B816-4C28-8F97-5D715A458F2F.jpeg
Nice those look great! Are those the spot or flood? I was thinking pods in that location with a light bar mounted on the bumper. I was looking at the squadron lights like yours or the rigid D-SS. Also how do you like the color vs. a color a clear lens would give off?

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I pretensioned the synthetic winch line today. I simply used a tree on the side of the housing my company has me living in at the moment.

lVoiMPlXT12Y2oxZaJ%ujg.jpg

vF9+ObxjSny%WHUxCmWfzg.jpg

I used the bulldog winch tree saver from northridge. I'd recommend it to anyone that needs one. Mine was a little different that what the picture shows, It actually comes with some pads on it and an elastic loop to hold it all together when it is rolled up.

G4zGxRGZTxy24B+pHD8fQw.jpg

I pulled the jeep in till this far then wound the rest in under hand tension.

herTcltcQEue4hBajb0Y1Q.jpg

I'm looking for some recommendations on what the add next. The winch and bumper has allowed the front to droop. I measured both front wheel to fender at 6 3/4 inches, rear passenger at 7 1/2 inches and rear driver at 8 inches. I may not have been on perfectly level ground but I think it was level enough. I am going to look at putting a spacer on the front and will look tonight and order one. I will keep the jeep like that while I am saving for a metalcloak lift, that's my plan so far.

Aside from the spacer, I am thinking about adding some lights whether it be pods or a light bar. This is more where I'd like some recommendations. I like the baja designs pods like @Wzabrouski posted and I'd like to do a combo of pods and a light bar. I am thinking I'll use the trigger 4 switch system since I do not have the factory aux switches.

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I just ordered the Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift, I found someone at work that will help me out with tools to get the spacers thrown on. This way I can keep saving for a full lift to add bigger tires. I am hoping this lift looks good and doesn't make the ko2's look small. I went with this over the 0.5" leveling spacer since I still think I need a little more space with the sport fenders and the new wheels with a -12 offset.

Sponsored

2dr_islife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2 door Sport S
I just ordered the Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift, I found someone at work that will help me out with tools to get the spacers thrown on. This way I can keep saving for a full lift to add bigger tires. I am hoping this lift looks good and doesn't make the ko2's look small. I went with this over the 0.5" leveling spacer since I still think I need a little more space with the sport fenders and the new wheels with a -12 offset.
Got a stock 2 door sport s and was thinking of adding 33s and 1.5 inch spacer lift any pics and/or tips on installation and other stuff would be appreciated

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Got a stock 2 door sport s and was thinking of adding 33s and 1.5 inch spacer lift any pics and/or tips on installation and other stuff would be appreciated
Sure thing, I can add pictures. The lift comes in Tuesday but I may not get it on until the weekend.

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The Teraflex spacers showed up today

F91576E8-D6E6-4D22-98DF-52759B7EEF03.jpeg

69242FDC-EDB5-410A-9FC9-5C2127164168.jpeg

I can’t wait till the weekend so I’m going to see if my friend can let install these tomorrow.

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I installed the TeraFlex 1.5” spacer lift yesterday. I would’ve taken install pictures but we did this in the side yard and used 3/8 drive tools and an adjustable wrench to do this. I thought my friend had a shop to get this done and I probably have more tools on the trail but it’s ok we still finished the job.

Before

D1F42177-20EA-44C3-A149-8CB216BBA34A.jpeg

After

8BE8D84F-36D9-4F5E-9602-FAC1E76ABA9C.jpeg

We were also on a slight incline I’ll have to take better pictures. To the guys that wanted install help, TeraFlex has a video where they do the full install of this lift as well as having very detailed instructions packaged. If you’re thinking about installing it on your 2 door still I’d say go for it, once you get going you’ll see it isn’t very difficult. Since I had limited tools and jack stands I just did one spacer at a time.

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Here is a better picture on decently flat ground.

dkrNtgmCSI6AeMBU56khkw.jpg

Of course with a suspension change I wanted to do a flex test.

QUYZqtMNT26Aly2chAnuPg.jpg

Z6BXrNM2Sc60Ce5mRc0WlA.jpg

With the front sway bar connected I could not get onto the stump, the front right and left rear tires were spinning. BLD tried to help and probably would've but I knew I was going to disconnect the sway bar anyways so I backed off before I pushed it to hard. With the sway bar disconnected it crawled right up the stump like nothing.

U6992atiQKKGxhwZG1+0cw.jpg

I would like to believe the jounce was firmly into the bump stop but it is hard to see through the coil.

JoQhRMC7TYuvSABl2yyBdg.jpg

The front tire is just barely touching the fender liner, this may be an issue while turned but straight on I don't think this will be a problem.

qeo5kBb3R4CjoPhiwxZ82w.jpg

The rear tire still had plenty of travel into the fender as well as on the bump stop. I needed something taller to get a full test but that probably won't happen till I get back to Uwharrie. I am planning to do a trip there next weekend.

Z0bkEbJ6RwSulyLP5U7eKA.jpg

Overall I am pretty happy with the Jeep right now. Going to add a few more extras soon.

Sponsored

ssangyongs

First Name
Amirul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Ford Explorer, Wrangler JLU Sport
Just a silly favor, can u show me how to disconnect sway bar manually from a Sport? I tried looking but nothing came up

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Just a silly favor, can u show me how to disconnect sway bar manually from a Sport? I tried looking but nothing came up
Sure thing, check out post #15 I gave a step by step! Let me know if you have any questions.

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I picked up some brand new rubicon fenders, inner fender liners, and hardware. They are also the LED fenders. I’m not sure if I want to install these or not without a bigger tire.

C8869237-6067-45E8-8AE9-AF117AD8EC90.jpeg

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I picked up some brand new rubicon fenders, inner fender liners, and hardware. They are also the LED fenders. I’m not sure if I want to install these or not without a bigger tire.
I was under the impression all you have to do was order the fenders, or did this all come together under one part number?

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I was under the impression all you have to do was order the fenders, or did this all come together under one part number?
I bought these off a forum member new and I believe the part number comes with the fenders, inner liners, and hardware. I have everything to install them. Also have a superchips flashcal to change the computer to LED.
Sponsored