Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Looks amazing with the 37’s
Thanks! That’s just with rubicon take off suspension and the teraflex 1.5” spacer. I just finished up the RK 3.5” max travel install yesterday but it was dark when I finished. I’ll get some pictures posted
Sponsored

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ohio Just keeps raining and hiding the sun.

F0938573-5FD4-4E4A-A653-B5E0CD25CFD1.jpeg

I installed the Rock Krawler 3.5” max travel with their 2.25 RRD shocks. Wow I love driving this jeep even more now. Install was pretty easy.

I also installed the teraflex alpha to hold the spare tire. I like their design the best for easy of use. I would caution anybody installing it though to be more careful with the camera over what the instructions say. They recommend knocking the studs out of the stock carrier and claim the camera comes out too. My camera didn’t come out and it snapped the wire. Not all the way through so sometimes my back up camera works and sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t found this back up camera wire specifically yet for sale. If anybody finds it online I’d appreciate a link.

opiop

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Software Developer
Are you worried about your axles with the 37's? I figure you have the dana 44 in the rear, but that front dana 30 seems like it would be too weak!

I only ask because I have a 2 door sport and I would love to go with 37's but I don't want to end up with snapped axle shafts this early on in my ownership

Scooter2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport / 2022 F250 / 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Are you worried about your axles with the 37's? I figure you have the dana 44 in the rear, but that front dana 30 seems like it would be too weak!

I only ask because I have a 2 door sport and I would love to go with 37's but I don't want to end up with snapped axle shafts this early on in my ownership
Would be a great excuse to throw a PR44 up there.

Jeep looks great!

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

Yes I have some concern that's for sure. On the m186 the ring gear is 1/4 larger than a d30 I believe but that's not a whole lot of insurance. I purchased rubicon take off axles but after I paid the deal fell through on the shipping and I had to get reimburse, so I'm back to square one. On the road I'm not worried about breaking but off road yeah I'd be concerned, I think I could do it but only time will tell how long it lasts. It's winter so I'm going to sit on this for a while and consider trying to find rubicon axles again or if I want a UD44.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

DK21

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Ohio Just keeps raining and hiding the sun.

F0938573-5FD4-4E4A-A653-B5E0CD25CFD1.jpeg

I installed the Rock Krawler 3.5” max travel with their 2.25 RRD shocks. Wow I love driving this jeep even more now. Install was pretty easy.

I also installed the teraflex alpha to hold the spare tire. I like their design the best for easy of use. I would caution anybody installing it though to be more careful with the camera over what the instructions say. They recommend knocking the studs out of the stock carrier and claim the camera comes out too. My camera didn’t come out and it snapped the wire. Not all the way through so sometimes my back up camera works and sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t found this back up camera wire specifically yet for sale. If anybody finds it online I’d appreciate a link.
How is the Teraflex Alpha holding up? Did you also install a hinge reinforcement or just running the Alpha?

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
How is the Teraflex Alpha holding up? Did you also install a hinge reinforcement or just running the Alpha?
Just the alpha at the moment I’m waiting for more options. Sometimes on big bumps it makes a rattle but I’m not in a rush to find anything.

DK21

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Just the alpha at the moment I’m waiting for more options. Sometimes on big bumps it makes a rattle but I’m not in a rush to find anything.
Gotcha. Not worried about warping the tailgate at all? I’m looking at the alpha as well matched with the rugged ridge hinge reinforcement as I am on 37 Mickeys

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Gotcha. Not worried about warping the tailgate at all? I’m looking at the alpha as well matched with the rugged ridge hinge reinforcement as I am on 37 Mickeys
I think it’ll be ok but if you pair the rugged ridge hinges with it, I think it’d be solid. I’d do that but I want to wait for teraflex because I want to match brands. Only thing is, it seems like it’s taking a while.

Sponsored

DK21

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I think it’ll be ok but if you pair the rugged ridge hinges with it, I think it’d be solid. I’d do that but I want to wait for teraflex because I want to match brands. Only thing is, it seems like it’s taking a while.
Yea it really is taking forever for these companies to come out with stuff. I guess it’s better than them just releasing junk. Did you get longer tail gate bump stops or do the OEM ones work?

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yea it really is taking forever for these companies to come out with stuff. I guess it’s better than them just releasing junk. Did you get longer tail gate bump stops or do the OEM ones work?
Yeah I agree. I hope the time spent is worth it. I was able to use the oem bump stops which I liked. The wheel is 17x9 -12 offset 4.5” backspace. The alpha carrier has enough adjustment to get the spare firmly against them. That’s another reason I liked this carrier was because it tucks the tire so close. And even with a 37 the view out of the rear window isn’t to bad. When I did the install I set the length on the carrier around 3/16” shorter or so, when I bolted the spare on it is firmly on the bumps.

DK21

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Yeah I agree. I hope the time spent is worth it. I was able to use the oem bump stops which I liked. The wheel is 17x9 -12 offset 4.5” backspace. The alpha carrier has enough adjustment to get the spare firmly against them. That’s another reason I liked this carrier was because it tucks the tire so close. And even with a 37 the view out of the rear window isn’t to bad. When I did the install I set the length on the carrier around 3/16” shorter or so, when I bolted the spare on it is firmly on the bumps.
Awesome, hopefully my wheel/tire combo will be the same. 17x9 with 0 offset and 4.75” backspace. Just saw they got them back in stock. Hopefully I can get the order in before they’re sold out again. Thanks for all the info, it is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Awesome, hopefully my wheel/tire combo will be the same. 17x9 with 0 offset and 4.75” backspace. Just saw they got them back in stock. Hopefully I can get the order in before they’re sold out again. Thanks for all the info, it is greatly appreciated.
No problem! When you do the install be careful with the camera. Rather than knocking the studs out and hoping the camera comes with it, the bottom part of the stock carrier housing has a hole you can get a flat head screwdriver into. If I were doing it again I’d use that hole to ease the camera out with the screwdriver as I was taking the studs out too. I’ll can post a picture later today of the stock carriers hole location for a visual :like:

OP
OP
Billet_JLU

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer