Sponsored

It's happening! JL Wrangler EcoDiesel debuts September 26!

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
No kidding. Unveiled Sept 26 2019. Finally available for order....uh check back with us on that one. Lets just assume several more quarters out from anything we have said, Then each time we give a time frame, just add that same number of quarters until it finally appears. But uh yeah, you might get a diesel before the JM platform. No promises though. But yep definitely Q4 2019.

Anyone wanna bet they play mum on MPG just like they have done on the Ram 1500 for the past 3+ months?
I'm thinking they don't open order books until Q1 2020 . . . with Jah only knows what kind of delivery dates. I'd REALLY love to be very wrong about this, though.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
OK, there is something different going on underneath that rear bumper. The muffler is a gawd awful square behemoth. Let's hope they didn't sacrifice fuel capacity for that thing. But as mentioned above, there's always the aftermarket.

upload_2019-9-26_11-8-37.png
Muffler...

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking they don't open order books until Q1 2020 . . . with Jah only knows what kind of delivery dates. I'd REALLY love to be very wrong about this, though.
He said dealerships by the end of the year. And I was told by a dealer I'm working with that the order window for the 3.0 might open in November...

Edit: I have it on good intel that the assembly line for the JL and the JT were set up from the get go to build them with the Ecodiesel. They have run dozens through for testing and prototyping.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
"Allegedly" dropped fuel capacity. Brandon the brand manager undoubtedly knows more about TPS reports than true technical details of the JL (& the JT). I really really doubt they would reduce fuel capacity. Every test mule we've seen so far has shown the DEF tank in front of the rear axle.
All of the most recent test mules have had what looks like DEF tank behind the rear axle with commentary in other threads discussing its exposure in relation to the departure angle.
Sponsored