Sponsored

Its been fun....take care real Jeepers

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The clutch issue is unacceptable. That issue needs to be resolved and Jeep seems to be just poo-poo-ing around it for like 3 years now.
It has been 95% resolved. By removing the manual transmission from most options (2.0, 3.0, 4xe, 392, XR, etc).

I've said it before. Stop buying things that Jeep has shown not to want to sell. They don't want to sell manuals. Period. Accept it and move on. Buy a sports car with a great manual and a great clutch from a company that cares about it to scratch the manual itch.
Sponsored

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
I considered building a taco before I got my JL I was just so underwhelmed with the stale technology and design.

Sponsored

ABRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR
I needed to get something with a little more towing capacity as the better half has decided we need a boat. Didnt want to go full size truck, so ended up with a Tacoma sport. Got a surprisingly good deal and it was very close to an even swap when all was said and done.

Can't believe no one asked. What kind of boat are you getting? I love boats, and RV's and Jeeps.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
This… folks who think Jeep has poor quality control have never owned ANY brand motorhome. Compared to RV’s Jeeps are built like a Swiss watch😳
This ^^^^.

We've owned some, and the best thing we did in the fall of 2019 was sell the last big toy hauler and buy a Commercial Promaster 1 ton. I spent 2020 spring to fall, and 2021 spring and into July building it into a real RV with a powered bed so we could haul dirt bikes or ebikes. It took a bit of time, but we're WAY money ahead (cost was reasonable compared to ANYTHING in a ready made RV) and we couldn't be happier with how easy it is to use, and the maintenance is simple. Common V6 power with the Jeep, so maintenance items are similar, it gets 17.5 loaded with all our stuff on trips in hill country, better on the flat, and it drives like a big mini-van.

I built it light enough so we still have enough capacity to tow the 2 door Jeep. Should have done it a couple years earlier and avoided the whole 30+ foot toy hauler deal we had last. The van is SO much simpler to deal with, and that means it gets used more. Plus you can haul things in it in an enclosed, secure space.

The RV world really needs to step up their game, quality is AWFUL and service isn't much better.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Well good luck to you. My Jeep has been one of the most problem free vehicles I've owned however I've owned a LOT of dodges and now FCA vehicles. Mostly dodges.

I do have issues with my manual trans (not the clutch yet) but have plans for that. I don't want a manual trans sports car at this point in my life. Auto trans sports cars are much faster anyway. I'd never consider a manual in a car. I want a manual for the better low range gearing and ability to manage that gearing without overheating my trans OFF ROAD.

It is what it is.. I think FCA should step up and fix the manual trans/clutch issues and they have to some extent.

The 66RFE auto trans in my truck failed at 92k miles. The stock valve body was a really bad design. Now they have the 8 speed auto. The 66RFE was rebuilt to 800hp standards with the diesel trucks and clicks off shifts like a manual now.

My hope is that some trans shop can/will rebuild this little allison manual. I mean it's an allison..you would think it's HD quality. Who knows.. maybe they thought the only people buying manuals are sport owners on 31'' tires...

Sponsored

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I reckon this is a person that bought a jeep but never used a jeep. did you look at their complaint list? i imagine that prius works just fine at the mall.
whatever.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
My hope is that some trans shop can/will rebuild this little allison manual. I mean it's an allison..you would think it's HD quality. Who knows.. maybe they thought the only people buying manuals are sport owners on 31'' tires...
It’s an Aisin, which sounds kinda like Allison. I don’t believe Allison makes a true light truck transmission anymore, they just license the name to GM for use in 3/4-1 ton trucks.
Sponsored