First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
well, it's hard to believe that memorial day 2019 was the day i came home with my 2019 jl sport. so i figured that i'd give a little review. orginally i was looking at the 4 door sport s and desided to buy a 2 door sport with very minimal options and all i can say is "what a great move". i did not mind not having power windows or locks. as for the options i only went with the hard top, a/c, xm, and 8 spd auto. nothing else for options because i didnt need anything else and to be honest, i dont miss it. the 2 door version have plenty of room in the cargo area with or without the rear seat. speaking of the rear seat, it is comfortable and desent leg room . i'm 5'10" and rode in the back seat. yes, i rode in the back seat of my own jeep, because my brother was driving and my mother rode shotgun. eitherway, i was comfortable on a few short trip. i believe i'd be comfortable on a longer trip.

the 3.6 has 9000 miles and hasnt skipped a beat. i've done a couple of road trip ranging from 500 to 1900 miles. its also my daily driver and been very happy with the comfort and handling on the local roads as well as the interstate. the 8 spd auto shifts smoothly and i believe this combo work very well. with 285 hp, motor is like a rocket. the fuel mileage is great. i average about 19 mpg around town and 25 to 29.6 mpg on the interstate.the stock stereo with the xm radio serves me well. i havent use the 4 wheel drive as much since the winter havent been that bad. i did use it once or twice going home from work in a snow storm and handles very well with no issues. there isnt any real trails around me to take the jl off road. perhaps the next place i move to will have trials to hit.

i've done some simple mods to the jl such as swapping out the halogen head and fog lights to the supernova v4 led head and fog lights. what a big difference in the lighting and it only cost $348. well worth the money. the other mod i did was add a set of rough country 2" aux led lights, mounted onto the windshield. For $100 they works well when i needed them from time to time. i also did the locking gas cap and keyed it to the jl. it works well. the only issue i had was the tether broke from one cold winter morning. still worth the upgrade and a sense of security. i'm currently looking at a bumper and winch setup. thats about it for now. until the factory tires wears out, i'll upgrade the tires and wheels. looking to go up to 32s maybe 33s.

all in all i've been very happy with a 2 door sport without all the options. i've had a couple of friends thought i was nuts in getting a bare bone jeep and using it as a daily driver let alone road trips. i've had a couple of friends that rode in the jeep and never knew how much fun it is driving one and was amazed how comfortable it rode. i've had a couple of old timers that had jeeps back in the willys / cj days looking at the jl and liked how jeep kept the traditional designs. some was surprise that i went with the 2 door vs getting the 4 door.

thats about it and will keep on jeeping.
Sponsored

RioRideNM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenere 700
Old post but relevant! Thanks for the feedback, cosine!

Planning on doing about the same thing, sans auto transmission.
Overall looking to buy my first Chrysler in many years. I have really felt that these products have been lacking in reliability but I NEED to be able to off road on moderate trails. Girlfriend has a 4Runner so that takes care of the Costco runs and carting 4 dogs around. Bronco seems like it could have many first and second year issues. So, my thought process is that the fewer options, the fewer incidents of broken stuff. Will most likely be buying one soon and using it as my everyotherday-ly driver when I need 4 wheels.

Long live 2dr basic models! At least in the US…

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I bought my 2 door Willys in May of 2020. 3.6/auto. It’s been trouble free minus the driver auto down on the power windoe needing 2 pushes most of the time. I won’t take it to the dealer for that.

Fit and finish are not quality checked very well. Every Wrangler you look at will have issues, especially around the hinges.

Interior quality, minus the seat fabric, is probably on par with the imports. Upper trim levels will seem sparse compared to other makes upper trim levels.

You will hear more mechanical noises than you do in most any other vehicle. There will be more overall NVH. There will be some wind noise and the rear window will make nose from time to time, especially on colder days.

You will probably wind up liking it more than any other vehicle in your driveway.

RioRideNM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenere 700
Let’s just say I am not expecting to be troubled by wind noise :CWL: and I fully expect it should be my favorite 4wheeled vehicle at least.

Current DailyDriver…
Jeep Wrangler JL it's been 1 year with the jl. 8F69CEB4-541B-42EB-931D-8364DE9B4BD6

And just like that, cargo space on the 2dr seems phenomenal! đź‘Ť
Sponsored