MannySingh

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing what I am experiencing or if this is normal. I ordered from Canada.

I signed the papers on 27 January 2020 for a factory order JLUR, and did not get a VON until I contacted FCA directly myself earlier this week.

That being said, I still do not have a VIN even after 1 month of closing the deal. FCA's reply to me mentioned that my dealership's Sales Manager said the VIN will be available (maybe) by next week.

Am I being screwed?
Sponsored

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing what I am experiencing or if this is normal. I ordered from Canada.

I signed the papers on 27 January 2020 for a factory order JLUR, and did not get a VON until I contacted FCA directly myself earlier this week.

That being said, I still do not have a VIN even after 1 month of closing the deal. FCA's reply to me mentioned that my dealership's Sales Manager said the VIN will be available (maybe) by next week.

Am I being screwed?
Yes!

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
I would definitely be asking questions. I placed my order Monday (2/24) and just checked with Jeep Cares today (2/28), they responded right back with a VIN, could have been there earlier I just checked today. One other person on a thread I started said they had their VIN within 24 hours.

You might want to check and see if they put your order in as a "sold order" vice a "dealer order". Other threads indicate sold orders get higher priority (or attention). Dealer orders are just looked at as the dealers allotment.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
I have heard things move significantly slower with Canadian orders, but someone else from across the border that has went through the process would be able to speak better than I on it. I know I received my VON almost immediately and a VIN a few days later when I ordered mine in '18.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Am I being screwed?
That implies the dealer is trying to get one over on you. I doubt they are. Now, whether the dealer is competent or not is another story...

I honestly don't remember how long it took me to get a VIN. I think it was about two weeks for my 2019. My saleswoman contacted me with it, without me needing to ask about it.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered on a Saturday. Had VIN on Monday.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I ordered mine on 12/19/2018. I had the VIN on 12/21/2018 when I contacted Jeep chat.