It's a Jeep, not a "car".

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
So for the rest of us, that apparently missed the indoctrination, haven’t attended any of the “what it takes to own a Jeep” classes, and did not receive the additional rule book, someone please explain why people are so afraid of or scared of the Mall Crawlers?

Seriously, how does it hurt you when a soccer mom, or the guy that just likes it but can’t risk their one car of-road, or the person who really doesn’t want to go off-road but wants a topless and doorless ride buys and loves their Jeep? How does this affect you? Seriously?

I see a lot of complaining on the forums directtowards people that don’t meet these arbitrary standards. Standards set by who?

This is the ugly side of Jeep community; judgemental puritans and their “requirements” to be a real Jeep person. I know all car communities have these folks. I just expect more from the Jeep community.

If it’s not positive or constructive, just move on. If you think I’m talking to you then maybe I am. You should know, you aren’t helping anybody and your not cool.
X2
Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Car:

noun
  1. a four-wheeled road vehicle that is powered by an engine and is able to carry a small number of people.

Jeep is simply a brand of car, or automobile. If you wanted to be technically correct, you should refer to your vehicle as a Jeep Wrangler or Wrangler. A “Jeep” could be referring to any number of vehicles under the Jeep brand. :like:

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I don't know why we have to keep creating new words to describe every little thing, it's a tool that moves me, the family, and our stuff to different places.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
What kills me the most is how such subjects will keep going page after page, while genuine questions often find zero replies. It's as if the big majority here are clueless about Jeep cars ;) and see an opportunity to contribute only when a useless subject pops up.

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Friends/Family/Co-Workers: " Hey, can we take your car?"

Me: "Jeep..."

Friends/Family/Co-Workers: "... can we take your Jeep?"

Me: "Yeah of course! But there's four of us so, someone has to lay down on the platform bed in the back and use the ratchet straps for saftey..."

Last edited:

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
What kills me the most is how such subjects will keep going page after page, while genuine questions often find zero replies.
Sometimes the brain is off, so I like to reply to these threads that don't require coffee first. @Jjirish had a great thread going for a while. Some of those genuine question posters should use the search function as a lot of questions have been thoroughly covered before (lifts, wheels, x package vs x package, etc.).

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Sometimes the brain is off, so I like to reply to these threads that don't require coffee first. @Jjirish had a great thread going for a while. Some of those genuine question posters should use the search function as a lot of questions have been thoroughly covered before (lifts, wheels, x package vs x package, etc.).
Yeah, I remember her thread about how her long nails kept her from powering her windows !!!!! Seriously was banging my head on a daily basis as I saw page after page after page adding up, making her subject stay on top for a long time. But lets face it. If she was a fat ugly chick, she would have received a page or two of sarcastic comments and her thread it would have died pretty quickly.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Much love and ty 💚💚💚💚💚 @TX_Ovrlnd
The memory lives on of my 50+ pages of fame.... ahhh the good ole times

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Yeah, I remember her thread about how her long nails kept her from powering her windows !!!!! Seriously was banging my head on a daily basis as I saw page after page after page adding up, making her subject stay on top for a long time. But lets face it. If she was a fat ugly chick, she would have received a page or two of sarcastic comments and her thread it would have died pretty quickly.
Meh, I admit I do have a thing for reds, but it was a fun post that killed time. Her sarcasm is her winning feature ;), too many folks are downers fixated on hating something here. I think we covered more topics than the fingernail thing, there was even a small debate on changing the thread title! I follow pretty jeeps around here moreso, like the rigs of @Roky , @Headbarcode , and @alksion (RIP 392) to name a few.

Sponsored

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
Keep in mind that genuine questions asked in 2018, 2019, 2020 could have different answers or additional information as new products and technologies have come to market. Also more information has become available from the manufacturer and third parties. So while I will search, I may also ask a genuine question related to the subject for updated information. Search is your friend, until it is outdated. :beer::beer::beer:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, I admit I do have a thing for reds, but it was a fun post that killed time. Her sarcasm is her winning feature ;), too many folks are downers fixated on hating something here. I think we covered more topics than the fingernail thing, there was even a small debate on changing the thread title! I follow pretty jeeps around here moreso, like the rigs of @Roky , @Headbarcode , and @alksion (RIP 392) to name a few.
Jeep Wrangler JL It's a Jeep, not a "car". 200 (12)

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
A “Jeep” could be referring to any number of vehicles under the Jeep brand. :like:
Sorry but this is incorrect, there is only one true Jeep. The rest made by the same manufacturer can only be correctly identified by their model name. 😉

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Man yall are killing me today 😄
I love this forum & the members!
I never bought that bidet toilet from my thread... totally forgot about it until now...and after all the window suggestions, I just decided to keep em shorter!