Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
There are cars, and trucks, and jeeps.
There are Toyota jeeps, Rover jeeps, Mahindra jeeps, Zil jeeps, Mercedes jeeps, Ford jeeps, and Jeep jeeps.
Sounds like the start of a great country song

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
If you only use your Wrangler as a daily driver, and have never EVER taken it offroad and do not plan on taking it off road.... well than it IS in fact a CAR.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Legally, the Jeep Wrangler is a truck, and trucks, legally, are not cars. At least that's the case in California. I have to admit, though, that sometimes (not often) I deliberately choose to refer to my Jeep as a car, and here's why: [snipped]
I pretty much agree with your rationale, but I tend to say truck instead of car. It isn't really a truck, but it definitely isn't a car. I sometimes refer to everything as a car, like "listening to music in the car" as opposed to specifying which of four different kinds of vehicles I could be driving. In general though, if I catch myself saying "car" in reference to the Jeep, I wince internally.

My son owns a car, and I have a key, but I don't think I've driven it. I hate cars.

Sponsored

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
Define Jeep: a small, sturdy motor vehicle with four-wheel drive, especially one used by the military.

Is my JL small? No.
Is it sturdy? See: Chrysler quality.
Four wheel drive? YES!
Used by the military? No.

Define Car: a four-wheeled road vehicle that is powered by an engine and is able to carry a small number of people.

Does my JL have four wheels? Yes!
Is it powered by an engine? Yes!
Is it able to carry a small number of people? Yes!

Jeep Wrangler JL It's a Jeep, not a "car". tenor

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
So for the rest of us, that apparently missed the indoctrination, havenā€™t attended any of the ā€œwhat it takes to own a Jeepā€ classes, and did not receive the additional rule book, someone please explain why people are so afraid of or scared of the Mall Crawlers?

Seriously, how does it hurt you when a soccer mom, or the guy that just likes it but canā€™t risk their one car of-road, or the person who really doesnā€™t want to go off-road but wants a topless and doorless ride buys and loves their Jeep? How does this affect you? Seriously?

I see a lot of complaining on the forums directtowards people that donā€™t meet these arbitrary standards. Standards set by who?

This is the ugly side of Jeep community; judgemental puritans and their ā€œrequirementsā€ to be a real Jeep person. I know all car communities have these folks. I just expect more from the Jeep community.

If itā€™s not positive or constructive, just move on. If you think Iā€™m talking to you then maybe I am. You should know, you arenā€™t helping anybody and your not cool.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So for the rest of us, that apparently missed the indoctrination, havenā€™t attended any of the ā€œwhat it takes to own a Jeepā€ classes, and did not receive the additional rule book, someone please explain why people are so afraid of or scared of the Mall Crawlers?

Seriously, how does it hurt you when a soccer mom, or the guy that just likes it but canā€™t risk their one car of-road, or the person who really doesnā€™t want to go off-road but wants a topless and doorless ride buys and loves their Jeep? How does this affect you? Seriously?

I see a lot of complaining on the forums directtowards people that donā€™t meet these arbitrary standards. Standards set by who?

This is the ugly side of Jeep community; judgemental puritans and their ā€œrequirementsā€ to be a real Jeep person. I know all car communities have these folks. I just expect more from the Jeep community.

If itā€™s not positive or constructive, just move on. If you think Iā€™m talking to you then maybe I am. You should know, you arenā€™t helping anybody and your not cool.
Nice post to chill by :like:
Remember only 2doors are Jeeps btw, everything else is........................................................................................
j/k

Sponsored

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
My mind is usually bottled by these conversations too... but here I am.

unlike @ToothMechanic I like to watch the little arguments before the big one. Itā€™s like a boxing match. We get a bunch of little fights then the main event. At the end both members will be bloodied šŸ˜®šŸ¤£! God knows Iā€™ve been bloodied a time or three.

@Xenolith thank you for including the JT, not all Jeepers do.

All seriousness, trying to be like the duck with water, let the little stuff roll off my back. Iā€™m gonna go drive my Jeep Car Truck!

Please donā€™t hate me! My wife and I also love our Rubi Recon!
Oh my god! Iā€™m the asshole stepping up to fight! Lol!!! Iā€™m fighting myself in this debacle!
So for the rest of us, that apparently missed the indoctrination, havenā€™t attended any of the ā€œwhat it takes to own a Jeepā€ classes, and did...

...This is the ugly side of Jeep community; judgemental puritans and their ā€œrequirementsā€ to be a real Jeep person. I know all car communities have these folks. I just expect more from the Jeep community.

I troll rolled myself! Kicking my own ass!

nobody makes me bleed my own blood... but me!

Rasselas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
I see your point, and it's a good one. That's why I refer to the Jeep as "the unit" outside of the Jeepy context. By referring to the Jeep as "the unit" I have not denigrated the Jeep by calling it a "car", and most people have seen enough cop shows (and/or know that I was once a cop) to know what I'm talking about.

On the other hand...

There are times where that is entirely appropriate. Like when you know the other guy drives a Lexus.
And when it's NOT appropriate, such as when you drive a Jeep and your wife drives a Lexus, as mine does.

ZeroOx

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
by this logic.. when I go to eat tonight I need to specifically say each vehicle name when I ask my wife what she wants to drive to dinner.

What would you like to drive the Jeep, Corvette, Yukon, Silverado or Murano.

instead of just saying.. "What car do you want to take?"

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
This Jeep category conundrum hit me as we arrived at Longhorn Steakhouse the other night and parked in one of the spaces for curbside pickup. Their website asks you to categorize your vehicle and enter the color. I chose ā€œSUVā€, cuz neither ā€œcarā€, nor ā€œtruckā€ seemed accurate.

So, a young woman arrives to deliver our food, and she says: ā€I couldnā€™t find you at first. My computer was telling me an SUV in parking space #4, but I looked and said, ā€˜Thatā€™s not an SUV. Thatā€™s a Jeep!ā€™ ā€

Bless her little Jeep-lovinā€™ heart.
Sponsored