Sponsored

It will be late for Christmas, but got my order in today!

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
So I have had my Summit for almost three years, waiting out most of the lease so I could finally put in my order for my 2020 Unlimited Rubicon this afternoon.
Amazingly was able to get great numbers without driving to Criswell. Now I just need to hope that no games come up when I pick it up and I will keep staying local for future purchases. They have double the doc fee but I figure with gas and my time to drive 8+ hours round trip, it more then makes up for it.

Resisted the urge to go Diesel, and got the V6.

JLJS74 Base Rubi 4dr
24R Customer Preferred Package 24R
ERC 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS
DFT 8-SPD AUTO 850RE TRANS (MAKE)
AJ1 Safety Group (w /AD6)
ALP Adv Safety Group
ADE Cold Weather Group
AD6 LED Lighting Group
GXD Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
ADH Trailer Tow & Electrical Group
AEK 8.4 Radio & Prem Audio Group
RC4 Premium Audio (INC w/AEK)
XBM Remote Start (INC w/ADE)
AEN Dual Top Group
ST2 Black Sunrider Soft Top
HT3 Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top
MM3 Body Color Fender Flares
TT4 LT285/70R17C OWL Off-Road Tires
AST Steel Bumper Group
XDB Mopar Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
*AL Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
-X9 Black
PRC Firecracker Red

MRSP -> $60,640.00
Discount -> $8,280.30
Adjusted Price -> $52,359.70
Final Out the door (we will see) -> $54,650.43 with tax, tag, doc fee.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Very cool. If you enjoy your Jeep even a 1/4 as much as I do. You're in for a bunch of fun.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Congrats!

let’s hope that the UAW ratifies the contract (voting on it this week) so you can get your new baby!

Sponsored

Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sting-Gray
Wow-you lit it up with options-I like your style! :handsinair:

OP
OP
stormymk

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!

let’s hope that the UAW ratifies the contract (voting on it this week) so you can get your new baby!
So far it is looking positive (knock on wood), let's hope everything comes together quickly

chadk77

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
I'm looking to order a very similar build early next year. I'm really considering the diesel though as I want to go with 37s/38s.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stormymk

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the order. I couldnt resist the urge for the diesel so i wont see my order fulfilled until 2022 :CWL:
Thanks, it was hard to resist the Diesel for sure. Good luck on yours!

OP
OP
stormymk

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to order a very similar build early next year. I'm really considering the diesel though as I want to go with 37s/38s.
I went back and forth, I may go 37s someday but plan on staying around 35.

Papa_Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ on 35's, 2008 Chevy 2500 Duramax
So I have had my Summit for almost three years, waiting out most of the lease so I could finally put in my order for my 2020 Unlimited Rubicon this afternoon.
Amazingly was able to get great numbers without driving to Criswell. Now I just need to hope that no games come up when I pick it up and I will keep staying local for future purchases.
What dealer did you use?

I'm really thinking of picking up a JLUR and Holly Springs is not far from me. Would like to stay local as well.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Amazingly was able to get great numbers without driving to Criswell. Now I just need to hope that no games come up when I pick it up and I will keep staying local for future purchases. They have double the doc fee but I figure with gas and my time to drive 8+ hours round trip, it more then makes up for it.

Resisted the urge to go Diesel, and got the V6.

JLJS74 Base Rubi 4dr
24R Customer Preferred Package 24R
ERC 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS
DFT 8-SPD AUTO 850RE TRANS (MAKE)
AJ1 Safety Group (w /AD6)
ALP Adv Safety Group
ADE Cold Weather Group
AD6 LED Lighting Group
GXD Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
ADH Trailer Tow & Electrical Group
AEK 8.4 Radio & Prem Audio Group
RC4 Premium Audio (INC w/AEK)
XBM Remote Start (INC w/ADE)
AEN Dual Top Group
ST2 Black Sunrider Soft Top
HT3 Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top
MM3 Body Color Fender Flares
TT4 LT285/70R17C OWL Off-Road Tires
AST Steel Bumper Group
XDB Mopar Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
*AL Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
-X9 Black
PRC Firecracker Red

MRSP -> $60,640.00
Discount -> $8,280.30
Adjusted Price -> $52,359.70
Final Out the door (we will see) -> $54,650.43 with tax, tag, doc fee.
WAHOOO!!! I did this too! I got EVERYTHING minus the smokers and brake/collision package, and mine is a 2L Sahara (no eTorque). We also upgraded a few things right from the dealer (tires/wheels, rock sliders, etc) and they're going to buy back what we don't take. SUPER EXCITING!!

OP
OP
stormymk

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What dealer did you use?

I'm really thinking of picking up a JLUR and Holly Springs is not far from me. Would like to stay local as well.
AutoPark Chrysler in Cary. I can get you the info on my salesperson and such if you are interested. The guy was really looking to make sales this month with the rush for quota and their incentives kickbacks.

I did a final test drive between the Turbo and V6, as well as confirm the look of the Black Saddle (which looks nothing like the pictures online and glad I saw it to know it wasn't for me) to finalize my build.

I came in and they did the whole search within 500 miles for something in stock, nothing was 100% matching, even with taking a couple of things off that I knew I could get aftermarket easily. Although I would love for it to be in my driveway, I would rather wait and get what I want.

So by then, it was around 6:30PM on a Sunday and the two people who can do new orders were gone until Monday morning. So I said, OK, I said I have two quotes from other dealers, one from TriCity for 7% off the invoice, one from Criswell for 8%. I said I would rather stay local but willing to go the distance. I said if we can work around the same numbers I will go with you. If not, let's not waste each other's time. So I went home that night and he told me he would let me know in the morning if they can work in that same range.

Monday morning came and I got a text message around 10:30 from the sales guy saying they can work with those numbers. I went in that afternoon, they did the build sheet, I reviewed it, then we got to numbers. They matched the 8% off, got my sales order breakdown showing the pricing and final price out the door. Put down the refundable deposit of $500 and was out the door all within about 20 minutes.

So now I just have to hope that they don't pull the games that I know others have had with some other dealers around the country with bait and switch add-ons. I still technically have until march with my lease, if it comes in and they try to jack the price or something, I will take my $500 back and order from Criswell and just make the drive. I will be very sad to walk away from that order but also will not be taken advantage of.
Sponsored