Sponsored

It is a guarantee they will get around to building every order?

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
It could be the LED's there was a hold up on them earlier, but I think they got that cleared up. I ordered 8/11 and just went to paint, so I will how long it takes from this point...
It was cleared up for awhile, now it's not. Last I heard as of last week, the LEDs are not available to order anymore, even on sold orders. So that could be the hold up.
Sponsored

PizzaFreak

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue 2 door JL
I'm in the same boat as you. My order has been sitting since July. It wouldn't be so bad if they would just communicate what the hold up is! A little communication goes a long way in business. I find it hard to believe that they don't have all the necessary parts to build the vehicles. If that is the case, then management is the problem! It all starts at the top!

PizzaFreak

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue 2 door JL
Doesn't surprise me at all! If a first time customer can see the problem, could you imagine what the corporate culture is like there?They better cut some chiefs and let the rational thinkers in. Brand loyalty only extends so far.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Doesn't surprise me at all! If a first time customer can see the problem, could you imagine what the corporate culture is like there?They better cut some chiefs and let the rational thinkers in. Brand loyalty only extends so far.
Not sure if anything will change in terms of corporate culture and quality control but FCA has a new CEO since July. Mike Manley is the current CEO. Manley was the head of the Jeep Division.

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I have known people who had their order pushed to the next year.

As far as delays go it could be a lot of things. Parts supply, inspection, etc. My gm was telling me the have a guy currently waiting on a ram truck. Its been sitting an hours drive away for like a month. Years ago they would just go pick it up for the customer but they arent allowed to anymore. It just has to sit until they have enough vehicles to fill a truck for delivery. Customer is very frustrated.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have known people who had their order pushed to the next year.

As far as delays go it could be a lot of things. Parts supply, inspection, etc. My gm was telling me the have a guy currently waiting on a ram truck. Its been sitting an hours drive away for like a month. Years ago they would just go pick it up for the customer but they arent allowed to anymore. It just has to sit until they have enough vehicles to fill a truck for delivery. Customer is very frustrated.
Personally at this point in the year I would rather have them push it into 2019 if I were waiting. Resale or residuals will be higher.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Personally at this point in the year I would rather have them push it into 2019 if I were waiting. Resale or residuals will be higher.
Id rather have a 2019 as well. Only benifit of a 2018 now is that you would likily have a lower mileage 2018 compared to competition if you decided to sell.

Resale isnt a big deal for me since i keep my vehicles a long time. Hell we still use a 1999 TJ as a daily driver and hope to get another 10-14 years out of it.
Sponsored