Sponsored

It has been confirmed I have a rear main seal leak! Unreal!

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
Dayton Andrews is hot garbage unfortunately. I got my rig at their Clearwater location simply because they had what I was looking for on the lot... I'll never make that mistake again. Take it to Suncoast in Seminole and see what they say. I've found them to be far more accommodating.

Also, I'm really surprised @JeepCares isn't helping at all. This all sounds pretty weird.
Sponsored

dagrizz

First Name
dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl wrangler
Also, I'm really surprised @JeepCares isn't helping at all. This all sounds pretty weird.[/QUOTE]

My biggest issue at this point is there is no technician or certified person from corporate willing to contact me to explain which one of those pictures is considered the breach of my warranty or misuse of my vehicle. I'm not asking for the CEO or a new Jeep. I'm just trying to get what the OP of this thread has (and MANY other Threads) regarding this factory issue of a RMS fixed. Nothing more. Its all stopping at "Corprate viewed these photos and commented on abuse has been taken". Its feeling like Jeep isn't standing behind their product.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ill just leave this here. Their own fucking commercial.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They state since the dealership put in their note that corporate denied it they can do nothing. They canā€™t even give me the name or proof anyone was even contacted in corporate, solely going on the note placed in my claim.
Dayton Andrews is hot garbage unfortunately. I got my rig at their Clearwater location simply because they had what I was looking for on the lot... I'll never make that mistake again. Take it to Suncoast in Seminole and see what they say. I've found them to be far more accommodating.

Also, I'm really surprised @JeepCares isn't helping at all. This all sounds pretty weird.
We do understand your frustration and confusion. Dealers follow certain processes and procedures put in place by corporate when requesting warranty approval. Your dealer did go through this process and the end result was found that this concern was not due to a manufacturing defect. As customer care agents, we do rely on and stand by our dealers findings and the decision made by corporate through the warranty claim.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

dagrizz

First Name
dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl wrangler
We do understand your frustration and confusion. Dealers follow certain processes and procedures put in place by corporate when requesting warranty approval. Your dealer did go through this process and the end result was found that this concern was not due to a manufacturing defect. As customer care agents, we do rely on and stand by our dealers findings and the decision made by corporate through the warranty claim.
Alex
JeepCares
Iā€™ve provided the exact images in this thread that were provided to corporate. There is no confusion, only frustration. I did nothing wrong yet I am being the one forced to pay for a clear defect. This whole thread is about other Jeep ownerā€™s experiences with this defect. If you have other pictures that I was not aware of, @JeepCares , feel free to post them.

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
Alex
JeepCares

While I obviously don't know the entire story here, I can honestly say that if I went through some muddy water, let's say no more high than the fording height marked on the tailgate (which happens to be above the main seal I believe), and was then denied a warranty claim on said seal during my vehicle's warranty period... well, that would be not great. Not great indeed.

dagrizz

First Name
dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl wrangler
While I obviously don't know the entire story here, I can honestly say that if I went through some muddy water, let's say no more high than the fording height marked on the tailgate (which happens to be above the main seal I believe), and was then denied a warranty claim on said seal during my vehicle's warranty period... well, that would be not great. Not great indeed.
I am will to share anything and everything. Just for reference of the mud Iā€™ve been through pictures of my momā€™s driveway here in FL after a basic rain storm. I left the date on there from back in august. Picture is about 3ā€ maybe 4ā€. It doesnā€™t get deeper than the picture, just longer throughout the driveway.This is a driveway and road I drive through my 4 days Off a week (Iā€™m a RN so I only work 3 days). At this point I donā€™t expect FCA to change their mind. I will write what the warranty hand book says is ā€œthe final stepā€ which is a letter. But at this point I want people to be aware of what happens to the little guy.

DA3173C6-BFEE-45EF-8B5B-F5C0CCA57516.jpeg

7C7D8944-4F24-494C-B8EF-61748A433B48.jpeg

1CE49E55-26DD-4512-B724-6BF8DEB35053.jpeg

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Alex
JeepCares
@JeepCares Seriously. What is happening here is illegal. A rear main seal has nothing to do with a bit of external mud or water regardless of the details. Please take care of this Jeep. This is why FCA gets such a bad rap for customer service.

Iā€™ve been considering dropping a couple grand on a Mopar extended warranty but whatā€™s the point if this is how it goes?

dagrizz

First Name
dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl wrangler
@JeepCares Seriously. What is happening here is illegal. A rear main seal has nothing to do with a bit of external mud or water regardless of the details. Please take care of this Jeep. This is why FCA gets such a bad rap for customer service.

Iā€™ve been considering dropping a couple grand on a Mopar extended warranty but whatā€™s the point if this is how it goes?
The worst part is the dealership is stating my Jeep has been SUBMERGED. Yet other than the RMS i have ZERO issues with my engine/trans/electronics. But the dealership sent these photos to corporate...so it just be true huh..

Sponsored

dagrizz

First Name
dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl wrangler
62CFEE63-EF83-4984-B678-B635996D1E41.jpeg

Here is the picture of the paper work I received from the dealership.
For starters. ā€œDebris around crankshaft sealā€. I inquired if they dropped the transmission and took pictures of the seal or even look at it. The service manager states they DID NOT. Next. ā€œMud packed on skid platesā€. I asked which skid plate and where? And if there was pictures of it? He said the one under the transfer case but did not take pictures of it. I asked him why they took 6 or so pictures of modifications but non of these things. He didnā€™t have an answer.

I then proceeded to ask him where and what determined I had the Jeep submerged? The Jeep is driving normal. No issues. Only reason I found the leak was my driveway stains. Once again he said the mud under the Jeep and ā€œsome dirtā€ in the bell housing and the ā€œcorporate representativeā€ deciding this was enough to halt any warranty work. Yet they have not even seen the seal...

To go on to my point with him I continued to go on how thereā€™s absolutely nothing else damaged on my Jeep. If I was ā€œsubmergedā€ (WHICH I NEVER WAS) wouldnā€™t I have some kind of other problems.. than an internal seal... but he insisted he sent the pictures so corporate and they determined this. I asked if I can have the name and number or email so I can discuss which one of these pictures determined denial of warranty. The they refused to give me a name or number citing ā€œthey are not authorizedā€ to give me the name.I went through the same song and dance with the FCA help line and @JeepCares. They cannot or will not give me the information or proof corporate was Contacted and they continue to state itā€™s on my claim that the Jeep was ā€œabusedā€, and it seems almost fraudulent to say so based on 8 photos, 3 of which are my steering, 3 being some dirt on the exterior. No other pictures or ANYTHING tell me what is truly. Iā€™m more liking just being lied to since I have a fully upgraded steering on Mopar lift with 37s.

This Jeep has 11k Miles on it. Itā€™s my daily driver.

At this point I do not even care if they fix it, as my shop I go to will fix it for $600. My problem now is my file will say ā€œabused and ā€œsubmergedā€. I will never be able to get any warranty work done as long as I own the Jeep. This being my first Jeep and first FCA product, I am super disappointed in the care Iā€™ve received and the situation at hand. I could get a lawyer and drag this thing on. But I do not want that. I want my story told and want answers and proof of misuse. They had my Jeep for 2 days. They could have take more photos or videos of what they considered to be abuse but they didnā€™t. Itā€™s the dealerships WORD to corporate. I couldnā€™t even get them to schedule an appointment with the corporate representative to review my Jeep and my case. All is dis

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
Note to self...thoroughly wash and wax Jeep, vacuum interior, clean windows and detail wheels before taking it in for any kind of warranty work. Got it.
Or in this case, don't drive your Jeep anywhere sandy after a heavy rain.

Which is troubling because that describes Florida daily. We're a rainy pile of sand.

So I guess don't drive your Jeep? I don't like this thread at all, but ultimately, I'm going to say that the fault lies with the dealer, and FCA's insistence to take the dealer's word over that of an end customer. I'd like to see @dagrizz get some additional reasoning from FCA at least, if for no other reason than to assuage my own concern on this issue as a fellow 6MT driver in Florida.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Would be great to find an attorney that could handle this. I know FCA is a huge corporation, but they've provided all the ammo for the fight through there own advertising. All of their advertising, there meet ups, their corporate sponsored vehicle days with publications.

Honestly I think it would be an easy court battle

dagrizz

First Name
dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl wrangler
Would be great to find an attorney that could handle this. I know FCA is a huge corporation, but they've provided all the ammo for the fight through there own advertising. All of their advertising, there meet ups, their corporate sponsored vehicle days with publications.

Honestly I think it would be an easy court battle
I believe so too. But as much as I want to go screaming and yelling for a lawyer, I will go through the last step the warrant handbook states. Which is to basically write a letter of what happened and what I am seeking. And I think itā€™s fair to either 1) be able to sit with the corporate person who denied my claim with the evidence they made their decision on, as well the origin copies of the email and pictures. And also there accreditation of being a master mechanic (and if I wanted to be sarcastic the X-ray vision used to look at the seal without taking it apart) and previous statement altered to on FACTS not statements of ā€œsubmergedā€ or debris around an internal seal. Or 2) vehicle fixed under warranty (Or reimbursement depending how bad the leak is) and the entire statements posted in previously denial cleared from any system.

seems only fair I get one or another. If you read the manual it can be 10 days for a letter saying they received it. What drives me crazy if this was turkey caused by sand wouldnā€™t the seal leak worse and worse as the crank moves? Cause the sand would be like sand paper.. anyways
Sponsored