Sponsored

It’s MOAB Monday!

IRide66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide 2019 Moab
Hey Bill...The Casita looks great behind your Moab! Can you tell us more about it? Thinking about a teardrop type camper for ours. It would work great for my wife and I and be light and easy to tow, but occasionally our daughter would like to go. Thinking that would be too crowded, but don't want a big trailer. One you size might be an option.

Can you tell us you model name, maybe some inside pics and if you think it would work for 3?

Thanks!

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Hey Bill...The Casita looks great behind your Moab! Can you tell us more about it? Thinking about a teardrop type camper for ours. It would work great for my wife and I and be light and easy to tow, but occasionally our daughter would like to go. Thinking that would be too crowded, but don't want a big trailer. One you size might be an option.

Can you tell us you model name, maybe some inside pics and if you think it would work for 3?

Thanks!
It is a 17’ Spirit Deluxe. it will sleep 3. The back dinette converts to a full size bed. The side dinette converts to a narrow twin that can be made wider.

Pics here. https://casitatraveltrailers.com/spirit/
They have a huge following, similar to Jeeps.

Last edited:

IRide66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide 2019 Moab
It is a 17’ Spirit Deluxe. it will sleep 3. The back dinette converts to a full size bed. The side dinette converts to a narrow twin that can be made wider.

Pics here. https://casitatraveltrailers.com/spirit/
They have a huge following, similar to Jeeps.
A few folks where I work bought them when they retired...had thought maybe there were big for a Jeep. Is the Spirit an easy pull for you? Thanks for responding and the info!

Sponsored

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
A few folks where I work bought them when they retired...had thought maybe there were big for a Jeep. Is the Spirit an easy pull for you? Thanks for responding and the info!
As I’m sure you know the Wrangler Unlimited is rated for towing 3500 lbs. The 17’ Casita weighs about 2800 dry. The Jeep pulls it fine, plenty of power, but you definitely know it’s back there. The longer wheelbase Gladiator may be in my future. Too early to decide for sure.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
2019 JLU Moab
@fueloffroad Beast 17x9 -12
@nittotire Ridge Grappler 37 x 12.50
@rock_krawler 3.5” Adventure Series

#jeepjlu #blackjeep #jeeplife #jeepwrangler #jeepmoab #jeeplife #jeep @ Collin County Off-Road

Jeep - Stage 1 - 1.jpg

Jeep - Stage 1 - 2.jpg

Jeep - Stage 1 - 3.jpg

Jeep - Stage 1 - 4.jpg
Post a review after you take that on some trails. Looks like the front wheels would rub the inside finder on a light climb over medium rocks. But hopefully I’m wrong. Let us know how it works once you get it out there.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Post a review after you take that on some trails. Looks like the front wheels would rub the inside finder on a light climb over medium rocks. But hopefully I’m wrong. Let us know how it works once you get it out there.
I KNOW I will encounter some rubbing. But I will be cognizant of that when I wheel it. Plan is to go to 3rd party fenders late next year.

Sponsored

armybiker

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB
Occupation
IT Project Management
Time to get this thread re-going. I found that one thing that bugged me was all black everything except lug nuts so I changed that. Nothing schmacy just what needed to be done. Look forward to seeing your MOABs this summer!

jeep_chrome.jpg

jeep_black.jpg

jeep_black2.jpg

Ed Teach

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab
Occupation
Retired LEO
Time to get this thread re-going. I found that one thing that bugged me was all black everything except lug nuts so I changed that. Nothing schmacy just what needed to be done. Look forward to seeing your MOABs this summer!

Jeep Wrangler JL It’s MOAB Monday! jeep_black2

Ohhh that looks a lot better. Now I have something else to buy! Thanks