Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Firing up the Trager tomorrow at 0430.

10lb brisket. 9hrs in tenderizer. Now 9hrs in my rub mix. 12hr smoke tomorrow with bourbon and beers.

Jeep Wrangler JL It’s brisket time 734FFD54-89D6-4F0B-97F4-706FD5EEC6B6
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Awesome, just enough time for me to drive from Michigan for dinner.
Shit. Skinny pedal is on the right, dude.

you drove this far for small baller 40’s, you betchyer’ass youll drive here for brisket. My mom just put 40’s on her Subaru. You guys can talk small tire life while me and the boys have beers over 42’s.

🤣😂😬

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Shit. Skinny pedal is on the right, dude.

you drove this far for small baller 40’s, you betchyer’ass youll drive here for brisket. My mom just put 40’s on her Subaru. You guys can talk small tire life while me and the boys have beers over 42’s.

🤣😂😬
(I’m on 37’s) :hide: hahaha

@wibornz

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Mmm, brisket. I've been using Traegers for years but finally ordered a stick burner. The learning curve begins in April!

Jeep Wrangler JL It’s brisket time Brisket
awesome!! I have to say Im not terribly impressed with the Traeger. It does not hold a steady temp for anything. I’ll probably change to a Yoder in a year or two as i get better.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Had a Green Mountain Daniel Boone Wi-Fi for about 4 years now. Brisket's no longer scare me, the App for your phone means you can change temps while you sleep. LOL So far the best brisket has been the simplest, nothing but salt and lots, Lots, of fresh ground black pepper and about 16 hours till she hits 200 degrees. Favorite has to be Asian style chicken wings, cooked at 325-350 so they are crispy but use a pellet maze with Pecan so they smoke too. Holy heck are they tasty.
I used to have a old Oklahoma Joes side box smoker that did a fine job, but this Wi-Fi pellet grill is freaking money.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Had a Green Mountain Daniel Boone Wi-Fi for about 4 years now. Brisket's no longer scare me, the App for your phone means you can change temps while you sleep. LOL So far the best brisket has been the simplest, nothing but salt and lots, Lots, of fresh ground black pepper and about 16 hours till she hits 200 degrees. Favorite has to be Asian style chicken wings, cooked at 325-350 so they are crispy but use a pellet maze with Pecan so they smoke too. Holy heck are they tasty.
I used to have a old Oklahoma Joes side box smoker that did a fine job, but this Wi-Fi pellet grill is freaking money.
yeah ive been eyeing the Yoder 640 wifi. I want to keep learning more before i plunk down on that, but man smoking the meats is yummy

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
awesome!! I have to say Im not terribly impressed with the Traeger. It does not hold a steady temp for anything. I’ll probably change to a Yoder in a year or two as i get better.
Agree about the temp control on the Traeger. It also has a hot spot above the fire pot that tends to dry things out that are placed above it (especially brisket). I addressed the hot spot by putting an Al foil tent on the drip pan just above where the fire pot is (see pic). The Traeger is really good for making jerky, though, so I'll probably keep it after my Lang arrives.

Al tent.jpg

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That Yoder YS640s is SWEET, but yowzers is it pricey. There is a place in St Louis where I got my Green Mountain, they are a Camp Chef and Yoder dealer as well Weber. The pellet scene has grown since I got mine, getting the itch to upgrade myself, probably the Green Mountain Jim Bowie Prime Plus just for more room.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Not going to make it. I will not be in that area until the end of May again. I would like to, but timing is just not right. Note: I have made many road trips for a good meal, mostly by motorcycle though. Maine for lobster, New York for wings, St. Louis, and Memphis for BBQ, and so on..

Looks delicious and saddens me that I am missing out.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Not going to make it. I will not be in that area until the end of May again. I would like to, but timing is just not right. Note: I have made many road trips for a good meal, mostly by motorcycle though. Maine for lobster, New York for wings, St. Louis, and Memphis for BBQ, and so on..

Looks delicious and saddens me that I am missing out.
what you ride?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
what you ride?
I sold my last motorcycle in August. I ride high speed touring bikes. I am also a member of the Iron Butt Riders Association. My bike was a Concours 14. It was modded, at 158 hp with a top speed of 164 mph. I have rode it in all 48 lower states, rode the ten best motorcycle roads in the US. Been up and down both the east and west coast. The farthest ride I did in one day was 1292 miles.

The bike is a sleeper bike. Has the ZX14 ninja motor, detuned some, but hey, kid right now is saying some old man on a bike with saddle bags knocked the doors off my 600 not knowing what the bike was.

Jeep Wrangler JL It’s brisket time 1610981983044

coldstart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps are shit. Like their owners.
Occupation
Space Cadet
Yoder, rec tec and my favorite for brisket is the plain jane Masterbuilt.

I've been riding motorcycles before I learned to ride a bicycle. Saving up but I think my next bike is going to be the S1000XR. Current bikes are a R1200GS and a G310R for scooting around town.
Sponsored