Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Jeep Wrangler JL It’s a 392…but seriously? EC71B3AC-F455-4761-8C3A-AE49045ADC09

This used lot up the street from my office seems to specialize in high-dollar used vehicles. They have an $86k completely restored 1970’s LR defender right now as an example. But does anyone think they’ll actually get that price?

Technically used, but actually basically brand new 392XR, 46 miles on the odometer. It’s been on the lot for 3 or so weeks now.

I know there are people paying that for some first edition Broncos, and it’s insane in my opinion.
Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
That is almost as ridiculous as the angry eyes, super jacked up, ultra-thin tires on 35” chrome wheels Jeeps that I see listed for $90,000.

I don’t understand it any more than the C8 Corvette Stingrays listed for $115k. But if they can get it, good for them.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Yep. And they are bringing over MSRP in many areas. That one will probably sell before too long.

Crazy crazy market for sure.

Sam

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
If you were selling something that was in low supply but high demand, would you not try selling it for more than it is worth? It is a used car, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Sponsored

GeckoJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Baja Yellow
Jeep Wrangler JL It’s a 392…but seriously? 6A9EF9EB-7A19-4B02-8FDE-B785A4ACD9C2

This used lot up the street from my office seems to specialize in high-dollar used vehicles. They have an $86k completely restored 1970’s LR defender right now as an example. But does anyone think they’ll actually get that price?

Technically used, but actually basically brand new 392XR, 46 miles on the odometer. It’s been on the lot for 3 or so weeks now.

I know there are people paying that for some first edition Broncos, and it’s insane in my opinion.
Kinda hope it dry rots on their lot. This is the kind of price gouging that is really driving the inflation on a lot of products, not just cars.

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
Those guys are out of their mind! While they're marking it up, other dealers are offering discounts to do factory orders. They sure are trying to take advantage of people's desire for instant gratification.

I work for an equipment company and we offer 10% discounts for factory orders to keep volume up. Those that are willing to wait can save so much money.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
What I’d like to know is how the hell all these banks are underwriting these crazy prices across the board. Once this crashes a lot of people are going to be upside down for years.

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL It’s a 392…but seriously? 6A9EF9EB-7A19-4B02-8FDE-B785A4ACD9C2

It's a crazy time .... I had someone offer me 105k and mine with options was like just 80k.

I could have did an easy flip and make 25k but I genuinely absolutely love this thing and my friend from the dealer did me a huge solid on the deal so I'd be an ass to flip it like that.

Even when I was there to pick up the XR there was a customer picking up his new grand cherokee and he offered them 10k over sticker right on the spot. Obviously my friend said no but yea these things are happening.
Sponsored