It’ll buff out.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Alive, yes. Alright, maybe in a few weeks/months once I'm healed up. I do thank god that my 2 y.o. son was not with me at the time as he has been with me for almost all outings or as he says, 'go for rides' during this whole Corona pandemic.
Heal up!! Very glad You are here and you can share this and yes also that your son was not with you!!!!! Heal up!!! Whatever happens with the jeep is irrelevant!
Sponsored

OP
OP
LouisCameron

LouisCameron

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
good to hear that you are ok. i'm surprise with the hit that the airbag deployed.
Oh it did. Never had that happen before, not as bad as I would have imagined.

Heal up!! Very glad You are here and you can share this and yes also that your son was not with you!!!!! Heal up!!! Whatever happens with the jeep is irrelevant!
:like: That’s what I keep telling the EMS on the way to the hospital, Jeep can be replaced... I can’t.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
The Jeep can be replaced, you and your little guy can’t. Sorry that this has transpired, but glad you are alive to talk about it.

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Me too:like:.

I’m also glad that the Jeep didn’t perform nearly as bad as the IIHS’s safety test suggested it would.

yeah, i've taken a hard hit or two in a grand cherokee and the airbag did not deployed. the first hit did $10K worth of damage. i know the gc is different from the jl but still.

Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Lookout for those Masshole drivers. I am originally from RI, I know them far too well. Florida is not any better though.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Put an order in on a new one now. Let insurance fix that then trade it when the order comes in.

OP
OP
LouisCameron

LouisCameron

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Put an order in on a new one now. Let insurance fix that then trade it when the order comes in.
Unfortunately it’s a lease. Waiting for insurance to make a move to see what the next steps are. Already looking at what’s out there though in case it’s a total loss.

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Your fault or someone else, dont miss driving 128 could tell some funny stories back in the day.

You need a new steel bumper, more armor :)
When I was a kid, 128 was an empty highway ( grew up in Newton ) ,kinda like 89 in Vt is today. Now its a parking lot !

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I drove it for 3 years from Deham up to Danvers, 1985 to 1988, what a horror show, as I recall they allowed people to drive the breakdown lanes from 5 AM to 9AM and 4PM to 8 PM or something like that. I had to attend a seminar in Watertown last year, go back onto 128 and boom parking lot, took me 1 1/2 to get up to 95N to Maine. They can keep the traffic down there, no way you could pay me enough to live back in MA. Moved out in 98 and havent looked back other than visit my folks and family and a few freinds down there.

Gregicon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Your fault or someone else, dont miss driving 128 could tell some funny stories back in the day.

You need a new steel bumper, more armor :)
SERIOUSLY - eff 128, AND 495...I was in software sales and account management for about a decade and had to make the semi-regular trips to both Waltham and Chelmsford...
My face is twitching just thinking about that commute from NH...

Gregicon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
OP, if you play this right you'll land some nice aftermarket steel bumper(s) courtesy of your insurance company...wishing you luck on your frame and suspension!
Sponsored