Issues during first 6 hrs of pickup

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
well couldn’t leave dealership as key fob didn’t pair properly so entire left side interior was removed and they swapped every part possible with another Jeep and no go! Turns out it was a wiring issue so finally was on my way although the monster soft top box was no longer supported properly so it has been moving around Since leaving dealership. Hopefully it doesn’t hurt anything as it is right up against the rear glass wiper motor cover. Secondly the steering was terrible for the first few hundred miles but getting better. The tire pressure was set to 37 at my request. Wind noise is very loud when over 70 but no buffeting or whistles like others have been reporting. It’s really just a Jeep thing I guess so I’m not worried. Power and 8 speed trans are fantastic compared to previous years and I’m very impressed how perfectly it shifts. We are currently at a hotel with 4 more hrs left on our journey home and first thing this morning I went to clean it up a bit while the wife sleeps and noticed no more reverse camera! The tech at the dealership told me these have been an electrical nightmare! We will see, hopefully the trip gets better and the softop box that’s now sliding around doesn’t destroy anything.
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Too bad they are having issues with their quality control. Hopefully all will be fixed for you. Give it a chance. It’s a really fun car. I’m one of the lucky ones with no issues and 4000 miles. So there is proof that the issues are not from design but manufacturing which all can be fixed. Go to Walmart and get a set of tie downs and keep things from moving. After all, loose stuff is a safety hazard in an accident. Enjoy the rest of the drive.

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Check that all yout fuses and relays next to the battery are fully seated.

There is a tsb on the backup camera instructing techs to check a specific wiring connection. I’ll see if I can find the post.

OP
OP

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
Check that all yout fuses and relays next to the battery are fully seated.

There is a tsb on the backup camera instructing techs to check a specific wiring connection. I’ll see if I can find the post.
Excellent! I would live to possibly find the issue myself.