Issues and updates

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just wanted to post some issues I’m having since the last update. I noticed you guys took out the led headlight option. Now my auto headlights won’t turn off until I shut the Jeep off. If I start it and it’s bright out they don’t come one, but once they get activated they stay on the rest of the time even though it’s plenty bright out. Have no issues up until you took that option away.

another issue is the rubicon fender drls. Sport owners can’t turn them on with the flashcal. Tazer just released an update that allows this to be done so it is possible. I already called and spoke with someone but wanted to post in here too so everyone else can see.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Just wanted to post some issues I’m having since the last update. I noticed you guys took out the led headlight option. Now my auto headlights won’t turn off until I shut the Jeep off. If I start it and it’s bright out they don’t come one, but once they get activated they stay on the rest of the time even though it’s plenty bright out. Have no issues up until you took that option away.

another issue is the rubicon fender drls. Sport owners can’t turn them on with the flashcal. Tazer just released an update that allows this to be done so it is possible. I already called and spoke with someone but wanted to post in here too so everyone else can see.
Flashcal also caused other problems for me as well, notably giving me errors and won’t let me restore to default/factory settings, and it gave me ABS errors and caused my vehicle gyroscope “tilt/pitch” sensor to register 6 degrees which in turn made my ESS malfunction.

Many attempts to reach out to Superchips support through various methods were ignored however.

OP
OP
Turbo_punkn

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I kept getting the failed to restore error too, they somehow fixed that for me though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Turbo_punkn

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ha seems like it’s a Punk’n problem :giggle:
looks like the guys with tazer did get the fender lights to work on their sports.

I really hate being stuck with a product that doesn’t work and a vendor that doesn’t get back to their customers! Still really pissed that they haven’t come out with a fix for my auto headlights!!! It’s really annoying having to turn the switch off during the day! I don’t get it, it worked perfectly fine until superchips released their last update.

How about some updates @Superchips JL

OP
OP
Turbo_punkn

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@Superchips JL ????? How about some updates??? I’d like my auto headlights to fixed!!! Piss poor customer service!!!!!

Sponsored

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
Sorry guys, we try to check the forums regularly but time is never on our side :)

We haven't removed any options, so we'd certainly like to look into what may be happening here.
Can you please provide the serial number of your device so we can look into it?

Thanks

OP
OP
Turbo_punkn

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sorry guys, we try to check the forums regularly but time is never on our side :)

We haven't removed any options, so we'd certainly like to look into what may be happening here.
Can you please provide the serial number of your device so we can look into it?

Thanks
I’ll get you my serial number when I get home, should I pm you with it?

Also the option to select heads as led or regular was removed. I purchased my flashcal last December, changed my bulbs to led and selected that option. When I updated the tuner about 2 months ago that option was removed, I was even told by someone on the phone from tech support that you guys removed that option because people had problems. I for one had zero issues until you removed that option. Now my auto headlights are all screwed up!

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
I’ll get you my serial number when I get home, should I pm you with it?

Also the option to select heads as led or regular was removed. I purchased my flashcal last December, changed my bulbs to led and selected that option. When I updated the tuner about 2 months ago that option was removed, I was even told by someone on the phone from tech support that you guys removed that option because people had problems. I for one had zero issues until you removed that option. Now my auto headlights are all screwed up!
Please post it here or feel free to email it to me, mlitsch @ powerteq.com

Thanks!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Do you guys have a plan to add a feature to enable HVAC controls for those Sport owners that upgrade their radio and update the HVAC cluster? I know the TAZER has this option I believe.
Sponsored