Issue With Tazer MINI for JLRU 2021

abdulah

First Name
abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had a strange issue with my 2021 JLRU. I have received my Tazer mini for my jeep and I update it with 11.3.3 version and married it to the vehicle without any issue. Went to offroad and had my vehicle into 4wd first and tried to switch off the Traction control completely by Tazer, once it disconnect the traction control the vehicle goes from 4wd to 2wd. In addition the offroad+ mode is not working when the traction control is off by Tazer.

I also tried to connect my tazer into other jeep jlru 2019 and it worked fine with no issues.​
Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
It’s been glitchy with mine too. I believe it may be something with the 2021s. I used an old version and it worked great but of course you’ll lose the newer features.

OP
OP

abdulah

First Name
abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It’s been glitchy with mine too. I believe it may be something with the 2021s. I used an old version and it worked great but of course you’ll lose the newer features.

Which version did u try because all I need is to switch off the Traction control and adjust the speed of vehicle with 35s. I tried 2020 version and it didn't work too

Il Commandante

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
I had a strange issue with my 2021 JLRU. I have received my Tazer mini for my jeep and I update it with 11.3.3 version and married it to the vehicle without any issue. Went to offroad and had my vehicle into 4wd first and tried to switch off the Traction control completely by Tazer, once it disconnect the traction control the vehicle goes from 4wd to 2wd. In addition the offroad+ mode is not working when the traction control is off by Tazer.

I also tried to connect my tazer into other jeep jlru 2019 and it worked fine with no issues.​
Abudulah, I experienced exactly the same problem yesterday. Did you find a solution, yet?

Sponsored

Il Commandante

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
I contacted zauto and explained the issue to then, they replied to wait for version 11.3.4 which should be release in the coming week or two and they should fix it.
Thank you for the info @abdulah!
I have just now downloaded the new firmware and updated my Tazer mini to 11.3.4.
Let see if it fixes the issue!

OP
OP

abdulah

First Name
abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank you for the info @abdulah!
I have just now downloaded the new firmware and updated my Tazer mini to 11.3.4.
Let see if it fixes the issue!
The email said,

putting it in 2WD... but press traction again and it'll turn 4WD back on, while keeping traction disabled.

Let me know how how it worked I'll try mine next week.

Il Commandante

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
I have married the updated Tazer and everything seems to work ok.
However, I was not yet able to get in a sticky situation where I can verify that the front wheels are really driven.
Please let me know if it works with your Jeep, after you tried.

Last edited:

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
I updated to the latest version last week and now whenever I go into Drive after starting up, there is a chime and the ABS and Brake lights come on:

Jeep Wrangler JL Issue With Tazer MINI for JLRU 2021 1641932545845

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I updated to the latest version last week and now whenever I go into Drive after starting up, there is a chime and the ABS and Brake lights come on:

Jeep Wrangler JL Issue With Tazer MINI for JLRU 2021 1641932545845
This is due to the "brake hold" feature where if you press the brake hard in traffic, it will hold the vehicle in place until you accelerate. Since you are "holding" the brake to start the vehicle, the Tazer assumes that you want to hold the vehicle in place and the lights are to indicate that is happening.

The feature can be turned off in the Tazer.

Sponsored

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
This is due to the "brake hold" feature where if you press the brake hard in traffic, it will hold the vehicle in place until you accelerate. Since you are "holding" the brake to start the vehicle, the Tazer assumes that you want to hold the vehicle in place and the lights are to indicate that is happening.

The feature can be turned off in the Tazer.
Knew that and that feature is currently off in the settings. It just started doing this a few days after I updated the firmware. Also, it's the only time it's happening - once I get going it does not come back on when the conditions for that feature are met (pressing brake firmly for 2 seconds, not in a menu, at a full stop, seatbelt is on, in drive). Like I said only comes on AFTER the engine is started with foot on brake, foot back on brake to shift to drive, and then Chime and both lights come on.

Not sure why @Rhinebeck01 thinks that's funny?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Knew that and that feature is currently off in the settings. It just started doing this a few days after I updated the firmware.
Ah...ok. Have you rechecked to be sure it is still turned off after the firmware change? Sometimes, settings get changed. This is why it is a good idea to reboot twice and reconfirm the settings.

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
Ah...ok. Have you rechecked to be sure it is still turned off after the firmware change? Sometimes, settings get changed. This is why it is a good idea to reboot twice and reconfirm the settings.
Yes, it's still off. And as I ETA'd above - the only time the chime and dashlights come on is after an initial startup and shift to drive. It's not happening when the actual conditions are met for that feature to activate.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it's still off. And as I ETA'd above - the only time the chime and dashlights come on is after an initial startup and shift to drive. It's not happening when the actual conditions are met for that feature to activate.
OK; well, if you have not already, I would open a case with ZAutomotive.