Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
We have been instructed by synergy to allow them to handle all warranties. Unfortunately we are both at the mercy of them at this point.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ran4

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
We have been instructed by synergy to allow them to handle all warranties. Unfortunately we are both at the mercy of them at this point.
I understand that, but at what point will Northridge take the bull by the horns? Another day or two? ..a week? ...a month? In the meantime, a loyal customer (me) is waiting an unacceptable duration of time for his parts. In my opinion, this isn't even a warranty issue. The control arms were never installed. They were faulty before departing the manufacturer. They should 'simply' be replaced with non-faulty ones. I've been told that you have another set of Synergy rear upper control arms in stock. How about going the extra mile, taking them out of the box, and testing the pinch assemblies? Then, 'assuming' they aren't faulty, send them to the customer. Testing the pinch assembly is an extremely simple procedure (see video attached to the first post of this thread topic). Maybe...just maybe, Synergy has an issue with these arms. For everyone's sake, I'm hoping that's not the case, and the faulty ones that were originally sent are an outlier. But, let's assume for a moment that Synergy 'does' have an issue with these control arms. Do you want to sell them to another loyal customer?

Last edited:

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
I was not aware these weren’t installed I will follow up Monday

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL
It seems like a pretty simple engineering feat to not screw up. It's definitely not rocket science, and it's basically the same set-up as the OEM drag link. My main reasons for getting these arms over some of the others are (A) not everybody's arms are readily available right now, and (B) I wanted to try Synergy's dual durometer bushings.
Hey Randy, I got your arms here at the office now and will be getting you sorted and taken care of on Monday. We have seen this issue a handful of times before. It is most likely a double adjuster sleeve that got through QC that was actually out of tolerance. Again, I will get you taken care of Monday. To the other guys having "customer service" issues here at my place I would encourage you to contact me directly if anyone here reading this has any issue at all. This is my company and stand behind ALL of my gear 100%.

[email protected]
Direct: 805-706-0235

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ran4

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Hey Randy, I got your arms here at the office now and will be getting you sorted and taken care of on Monday. We have seen this issue a handful of times before. It is most likely a double adjuster sleeve that got through QC that was actually out of tolerance. Again, I will get you taken care of Monday. To the other guys having "customer service" issues here at my place I would encourage you to contact me directly if anyone here reading this has any issue at all. This is my company and stand behind ALL of my gear 100%.

[email protected]
Dave, thank you for this post. I should mention here that in an effort to resolve this matter early on, Scott Jabs sent to me a new adjuster sleeve prior to my returning the arms to Synergy. As much as I was hoping the new sleeve would solve the issue, it didn't. As illustrated in the video I posted at the top of this thread, the sleeve 'does' pinch down to the point in which I was unable to turn it. But at 100 ft lbs, I was still able to easily turn the yoke by hand. I have to believe this is not how it's designed to work. This was true with both of the rear upper arms I received.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
Thank you!
Word of caution. I had alignment done yesterday and my caster is 7.6 degrees. That is fine for my setup. I have total of 5” lift. If you have less, you will end up with greater number. You have to extend arm enough to make room for jam nut.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Word of caution. I had alignment done yesterday and my caster is 7.6 degrees. That is fine for my setup. I have total of 5” lift. If you have less, you will end up with greater number. You have to extend arm enough to make room for jam nut.
That’s way too much caster no matter how much lift you have.

DeadHead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 1996 ZJ Limited, 2002 Dodge Ram2500
Occupation
Marine construction

[email protected]
Lol. I got a drag link with 2 bad ends you said it was a boot issue. You don't stand behind anything, you hide behind your desk.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. I got a drag link with 2 bad ends you said it was a boot issue. You don't stand behind anything, you hide behind your desk.
😂😂😂😂😂 thanks for the lol

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yeah I’m not a fan of a company that tries to publicly trash their competitors in order to gain customers. Synergy won’t ever get any of my business.

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL
Sounds like too much @ 7.6 How well is the wheel returning to center after turning while driving normally on the road?