Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
That’s too bad. RK has some damn nice kits. Looks like they kinda punted on the JL though. Not a whole lot of thought into clearances. I’m sure they will get it right though. That was the kit I was looking at in the near future. I think I’ll wait a while. Their joints sure are pretty.
If you go with our recommendations on wheel and tire fitment this will NEVER be an issue. We provide improved ground clearance under our arms. The information is out there. It is never recommended, not even by the tire companies to run a tire of that size on the stock wheels. Most 12.5 and 13.5 wide tires recommend 8.5 - 11.0 Wide Wheels for proper mounting.

Stock Rubi Wheels are 7.5" wide with approximately 6" of Back Spacing. Mopar with their systems for 35's recommend 8.5" wide wheels with a minimum of +12mm offset which is approximately 5.22" of back spacing or less. We guarantee the wheel and tire fitment on our website is correct and will steer you down the proper part to building a great JL. Most of our recommendations also conform to most standard aftermarket wheel offerings so there are many to choose from.

When we design the products, we look at the features we want to put in, the common wheel and tire recommendations as well as what is available in the aftermarket. Unfortunately this gentleman is outside those parameters and again, do not hesitate to call or check out or website for information. We are here to help!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That’s too bad. RK has some damn nice kits. Looks like they kinda punted on the JL though. Not a whole lot of thought into clearances. I’m sure they will get it right though. That was the kit I was looking at in the near future. I think I’ll wait a while. Their joints sure are pretty.
RK’s control arms are bent upwards for more rock clearance. It’s a nice design and by far most people use wheel spacers or new wheels with a different offset. So they have it right IMO.

This serves as a warning for anyone who has a rubicon with stock wheels and 35s and wants a lift. Just because your setup fits stock doesn’t mean it will still fit after the lift. The mopar lift will work but you won’t the the same flex as you would from RK or MC.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
please note, this issue is of my own making. It comes from me wanting to keep my stock wheels and keep the 35s under the fender. I had no issues with the stock Rubicon height or with the mopar 2” lift. Therefore I thought I shouldn’t have any issues with any other lift either. This could have easy been solved with wheel spacers but I don’t want to go that route. Maybe when wider fenders are available.

Last edited:

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@tmakaro looks like the RK kit is giving you plenty problems with your setup. Are you having problems with the RK trackbar not clearly your differential cover?

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@tmakaro looks like the RK kit is giving you plenty problems with your setup. Are you having problems with the RK trackbar not clearly your differential cover?
Yes actually but I have the next venture diff cover so I need a new track bar too :(. I’m pretty sure the RK track bar clears the stock diff cover.

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Now I'm reconsidering my lift choice since my stock wheels are staying for DD duties and when the stock tires wear out going to 35's. Not interested in spacers since my off road setup is at 4.25" backspace already. Uggh!

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Now I'm reconsidering my lift choice since my stock wheels are staying for DD duties and when the stock tires wear out going to 35's. Not interested in spacers since my off road setup is at 4.25" backspace already. Uggh!
That’s what I was getting at. RK makes some really great components and I’m glad this came to light. Those of us that really like the Factory wheels were kind of left out of this discussion, which is totally fine in my eyes. I’m not at all upset. It just seems that most aftermarket components are made for more clearance, not less, so this was kind of different, also the front track bar not clearanced for an aftermarket diff cover. These two things would be very elementary it would seem. I can somewhat understand the track bar because of the beefy size of RK’s components though. All in all, I think with aftermarket wheels of which they specify it will probably be the standard, quality work that RK puts out.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had a RK system in my JK and it was awesome. I was running stock wheels with 35's and 37's with spacers. Still had some rubbing on the LCA with the 37's but it wasn't unmanageable. This time around I elected for better spec'd backspacing on the off road wheels in lieu of spacers. That is going to be an issue for me with the stock wheels.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Most of what you are describing is simply new platform fitments. Trying to make everything blend together with all kinds of different aftermarket stuff. If someone is having an issue with the track bar not clearing a diff. cover, let us know. Adjusting our bend schedule on the bar for greater clearance is pretty simple.

As far our choice of tires and wheels, back spacing etc, we following the guide lines of tire manufacturers for wheel fitments, Mopar back spacing recommendation was provided above for 35's as well as our website has our recommendations which follow common aftermarket wheels.

However, we would think as you are going taller with your vehicle that you would want to widen out the base to have better stability. But that is just us. To each their own.

RK

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wow, Rock Krawler has just offered to bend a new track bar for me, This is amazing! I didn’t even think that was possible. Thank you RK!

For my tire situation, I do like a wider stance and want wider wheels but for now I am just trying to stay compliant with the local laws and keep my tread under the fenders. I do think it looks great the way it is too and it handles better than stock. Being that mine is a Rubicon, I have wider axles and get a wider stance than others models. Hundreds of people run 12.5 wide tires on 7.5 wide wheels without problems so I’m ok with it as long as they wear properly

For the person running two wheels, stock and one with a proper backspace, I can see not wanting wheels spacers because you have to remove them each time you put your aftermarket wheels on. That’s a tuff predicament.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Wow, Rock Krawler has just offered to bend a new track bar for me, This is amazing! I didn’t even think that was possible. Thank you RK!

For my tire situation, I do like a wider stance and want wider wheels but for now I am just trying to stay compliant with the local laws and keep my tread under the fenders. I do think it looks great the way it is too and it handles better than stock. Being that mine is a Rubicon, I have wider axles and get a wider stance than others models. Hundreds of people run 12.5 wide tires on 7.5 wide wheels without problems so I’m ok with it as long as they wear properly

For the person running two wheels, stock and one with a proper backspace, I can see not wanting wheels spacers because you have to remove them each time you put your aftermarket wheels on. That’s a tuff predicament.
That is correct sir. We know we have not run every possible combination of parts already on the JL so if your diff. cover (which we have not used) is making contact, then we would like to see it and make the adjustment early. We already made one adjustment to the bend for UD60's which were the first aftermarket axles we have seen so yours might already be covered in that so please follow up by PM...
Sponsored