Issue with rear leather seats on 4xe

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Good call on the leather conditioner - was able to rub out the dye. Still have those eyesore creases.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RafaelK

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
Good call on the leather conditioner - was able to rub out the dye. Still have those eyesore creases.
Please share how your visit to the dealer goes. Like most, I am trying to avoid it.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Please share how your visit to the dealer goes. Like most, I am trying to avoid it.
Completed my service visit today. The service advisor did give me a little lip about buying it out of state (maybe you should take it back to them) but were otherwise fine to deal with. Technician assigned confirmed that there were still some wrinkles and creases in my leather, but did not classify them as abnormal, and believes they will smooth out over time. Since I've got this as an open case with Jeep, I'm waiting on them for further instructions.

Wrinkles and creases are still noticeable, but the specific creases from the headrests are fading. I've been spraying those spots with Weiman leather and conditioner (which does specify automotive application) and rubbing it in every few days.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
With 600+ miles on my new Sahara 4xe, I can honestly say that I love it. But there is one thing not quite right with it and this small issue I am trying to solve. Last week I noticed indents on my back seat and those are coming from the rear seat headrests being in close position. I recall another thread about holes being caused by batteries under the seats when back seats are folded down. This issue is different as I did not fold the seats but simply lowered the headrests to provide a better view through the rear window. I am wondering if I should take it back to the dealer or if anyone came across something similar in the past and was able to fix it without dealer involvement.

20210428_130204.jpg

20210428_130224.jpg
How long did you have the headrests down for it to cause the creases?

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
How long did you have the headrests down for it to cause the creases?
speaking for myself - 0 days. Those pictures were taken at time of delivery.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
0 days. Those pictures were taken at time of delivery.
Oh so they must have been folded for a while at the dealer or during storage at the factory or during transit then right? It’s not like you flipped them down then immediately flipped them up and it was creased

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Yep. They were transported with the headrests down. This would also explain why the headliner black dye transferred onto the leather. They probably placed the headrests down before the dye had enough time to dry.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
3-4 days. By the way they did not come off. Still there.
Damn that sucks. Is there a way to remove the headrest before folding the seats down? I would think removing the headrests should allow zero pressure on those spots when the seats are folded

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Chill out for a couple of months....I suspect summer heat will solve your problem. If not, tackle the issue then...

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Quick update for the OP. I'm getting some of my seats replaced, courtesy of Jeep. Just need to schedule another service visit to have them confirm part numbers with their (I assume QAQC) office. They did specifically want the affected shoulder area sent back to show the "guys on the floor" to prevent that dye transfer and creasing issue in future production.

OP
OP
RafaelK

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
Quick update for the OP. I'm getting some of my seats replaced, courtesy of Jeep. Just need to schedule another service visit to have them confirm part numbers with their (I assume QAQC) office. They did specifically want the affected shoulder area sent back to show the "guys on the floor" to prevent that dye transfer and creasing issue in future production.
Thank you, I will discuss with my dealer at next maintenance.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
If you get any pushback from the dealer, reach out via private message to @JeepCares. They have been very helpful through my process. If you send them the photos, they will also open a case for you.
Sponsored