Issue with Quadratec Premium Heated LEDs by JW Speaker

Supercell

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Greetings. I've been having issues with these lights completely cutting out for up to 5 seconds when switching between hi/low beams.

Customer service at Quadratec immediately sent out a replacement pair (sadly just the headlights, not the anti-flicker adapters as well), and the problem persists. Seems to be a slightly more noticeable issue when switching between hi/low with rapid toggling due to oncoming traffic.

All connections seem secure, and the wiring adapters all click securely into place.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'd zero in on those adapters, but that still may not be it. Have you contacted JW Speaker?

I've got Trucklite LED's on my JK and there is certainly a delay, but maybe a second or second and a half. Liveable, but annoying. I can't imagine 5 seconds. Surely something's wrong.

They've been around awhile and have sold LOTS of lights, so I'm betting they'll be able to help you get it fixed.

OP
OP
Supercell

Supercell

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've not contacted JW Speaker directly as of yet, as I just installed the replacement set yesterday (Sunday, and today is a holiday). I've heard that customer service at Speaker is a bit of a nightmare, so I'm trying to go as far as I can with Quadratec (the seller - until they start to offer no solutions).

It seems odd that there is no consistent malfunction - sometimes one headlight goes black between switching from hi/low, sometimes the other, sometimes both...

Also, considering they tout this as "dual burn", shouldn't the only thing that changes when switching between hi / low be the lower-placed high beam kicking on and off?

I'd zero in on those adapters, but that still may not be it. Have you contacted JW Speaker?

I've got Trucklite LED's on my JK and there is certainly a delay, but maybe a second or second and a half. Liveable, but annoying. I can't imagine 5 seconds. Surely something's wrong.

They've been around awhile and have sold LOTS of lights, so I'm betting they'll be able to help you get it fixed.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've not contacted JW Speaker directly as of yet, as I just installed the replacement set yesterday (Sunday, and today is a holiday). I've heard that customer service at Speaker is a bit of a nightmare, so I'm trying to go as far as I can with Quadratec (the seller - until they start to offer no solutions).

It seems odd that there is no consistent malfunction - sometimes one headlight goes black between switching from hi/low, sometimes the other, sometimes both...

Also, considering they tout this as "dual burn", shouldn't the only thing that changes when switching between hi / low be the lower-placed high beam kicking on and off?
Yep, that's how the Trucklites work, with only the bottom coming on and off. Sounds odd that they'd shut off.

If you wind up contacting them, I hope JW Speaker does better for you than that rep indicates. I've always had great service from Quadratec, so hopefully they'll get it worked out for you.

OP
OP
Supercell

Supercell

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried contacting Quadratec, got no message that they were closed for the holiday, but stayed on hold for 35 minutes due to "higher than level call volume"... I think they're closed today, for the holiday. Will see what they offer as a solution tomorrow, during normal business hours...

Yep, that's how the Trucklites work, with only the bottom coming on and off. Sounds odd that they'd shut off.

If you wind up contacting them, I hope JW Speaker does better for you than that rep indicates. I've always had great service from Quadratec, so hopefully they'll get it worked out for you.

OP
OP
Supercell

Supercell

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New anti-flicker adapter harnesses being sent out today from Quadratec. Apparently I got a newbie when I initially called about the issue, as they should've sent the adapters as well as new headlights. In the meantime, hooked up the stock halogens, which performed with no issues...

We'll see how things go with the new adapter harnesses, expected to arrive mañana...

Tried contacting Quadratec, got no message that they were closed for the holiday, but stayed on hold for 35 minutes due to "higher than level call volume"... I think they're closed today, for the holiday. Will see what they offer as a solution tomorrow, during normal business hours...
Sponsored