Sponsored

Issue Bulletin (Star Case S1608000303) Google Android Auto Or Apple Carplay Will Not Connect

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Issue Bulletin (Star Case S1608000303) Google Android Auto Or Apple Carplay Will Not Connect To The Vehicles Radio

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 7.08.12 PM.png
I have this problem intermittently. It's the worst that it's ever been though now. I have an original cable, so that's not the problem.

If you don't want to read the Star case, this is what it says:

"Look, it's probably not us. It's your cable (What? You LOST your OEM cable? You can never use Android Auto.). It's your phone. It's your phone's software. It's probably a problem with Android Auto. Hell here's some advice for Apple users."

Here's what I'd like to know: What debug settings can I put on my phone to see why Android Auto never engages or disappears intermittently?

Terry

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Here's what I'd like to know: What debug settings can I put on my phone to see why Android Auto never engages or disappears intermittently?

Terry
If you are wanting to possibly troubleshoot from your device. There are several logs on Android devices. You need to enable developer mode on your device too. No guarantee the error will be easy to find in those logs... Maybe easier if you know the general time you plugged the device into the car.

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/14430/how-can-i-view-and-examine-the-android-log
Sponsored