Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off a cruise ship today and they do the ducks on the ship. Not sure why, but they are sold on the ship as well.
What idiot would buy a damn fuzzy duck just to piss off salty duck haters?
Jeep Wrangler JL Isnt the duck thing only for Jeeps? EC5C296F-D92A-4971-9AC1-5821B535A20E

Oops, where’d that float up?
Sponsored

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
Lol a local group has a giant rubber duck that they post pictures like that with. “[Ducky] on the trail,” “Ducky at the Target parking lot,” “Ducky at my desk at work.” You get the idea.

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Way back in 1975 there was a catchy pop novelty song called “Convoy”, about semi truckers who banded together to foil the highway patrol, or something like that. It was one of those oddball songs that unexpectedly became a hit. The song later inspired a popular 1978 movie called “Convoy”. Anyway, one of the trucker’s CB handle (nickname) was Rubber Duck. Since then, since that song, some people have associated rubber ducks with trucks. Here’s the first few lyrics to the 1975 song (picture truckers on the highway communicating with each other via CB radio using old school trucker lingo):

“Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck
You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon?
Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure
By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy.

Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June
In a Kenworth pullin' logs
Cab-over Pete with a reefer on
And a Jimmy haulin' hogs
We is headin' for bear on I-one-oh
'Bout a mile outta Shaky Town
I says, "Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck
"And I'm about to put the hammer down"

'Cause we got a little ol' convoy
Rockin' through the night
Yeah, we got a little ol' convoy
Ain't she a beautiful sight?
Come on and join our convoy
Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way
We gonna roll this truckin' convoy
'Cross the USA”

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I have to admit being flattered when I found one on my Jeep. It sits on my dash now.

Yeah, I know the rough and tumble guys think the ducks are stupid, that real Jeepers don’t need no ducks, and such.

I’m thinking there are three types of Jeepers:
1) D60 Beadlockers
2) General Purpose
3) Mall Crawlers
Number 1s spend every cent and every minute on making their Jeeps unbreakable, unstoppable, and uncomfortable. They definitely hate the ducks!
Number 2s love their Jeeps, modify them a bit, explore off road, camp, and enjoy going where a Jeep can take them. They get a chuckle from being ducked.
Number 3s buy their own bag of ducks to line their dash boards with them. They also have an Instagram page for their Jeep 😂

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I don't have the energy to get upset about someone leaving a toy on my Jeep. I would just take it as a complement, then move on. I would probably also keep it handy somewhere in the Jeep so that I could chuck it at someone, if required!

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
I always carry a bag of them and put them on Jeeps because they’re always rewarding to the recipients:

* They give the haters an excuse to be salty and resentful (which makes their day)

* They bring a grin of acceptance to the folks that mod their ride (which makes their day)

* My wife is in the “Ducking is stupid“ camp so it’s a bit of marital taunting (which makes my day)

* Amazon makes a lot of money selling them and the cards (which makes the day of the topless exploited foreign sweat shop workers who earn pennies per day)

And lastly, it’s a simple, harmless exchange between two Jeep owners that serves to show appreciation and admiration for their mods. I figure if someone truly didn’t want to be seen, they’d just keep their rig factory original and never leave the pavement (except at the soccer field).

Sponsored

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
^ Damn that got dark quick lmao true, but dark.

I can agree with and appreciate that standpoint. I'm sure deep down when I'm slightly annoyed with the ducks; in my brain, something is stimulated that I at least feel some appreciation for it. So you're right. I still think it's silly though.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
^ Damn that got dark quick lmao true, but dark.

I can agree with and appreciate that standpoint. I'm sure deep down when I'm slightly annoyed with the ducks; in my brain, something is stimulated that I at least feel some appreciation for it. So you're right. I still think it's silly though.
And I agree with driving a $50,000 - $80,000 Jeep over man-sized boulders is being silly, but I still sure enjoy it! Throw in a little duck and I'm all smiles 😃