Sponsored

Isnt the duck thing only for Jeeps?

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Oh cool!! Thanks for the reply, I was wondering if I should have been sad to never have gotten a ducky!! lol
Don’t feel bad, Bro — I’m over here in Kapolei and haven’t been ducked yet in Hawaii. You’d think it would be a big thing with all the JTs and Wranglers everywhere… but it seems to not be.

Cheers,
-CM-
Sponsored

Hunnieshadow

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Q8, 2019 HD Fat Boy, 2022 JL Rubicon on order
Don’t feel bad, Bro — I’m over here in Kapolei and haven’t been ducked yet in Hawaii. You’d think it would be a big thing with all the JTs and Wranglers everywhere… but it seems to not be.

Cheers,
-CM-
I would think so, but so many tourists with Wranglers. Maybe I should buy a ton and just do it!! 🤣

I had a Mustang GT convertible and felt like a toruist 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️, she was so pretty too. I held off on getting a Wrangler here for that reason. Moving to CT in 2 weeks, I ordered my Wrangler on 5/12 from a dealer in MA.

Maybe I’ll get ducked in CT??? 😆

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Obviously the jeep ducking thing isn’t for everyone, as I’ve read in this thread seems that some people feel associating ducks with jeep makes the wrangler look bad, however ducks and wranglers have lots in common 😆😆😆 my daughter loves the all jeep ducking thing so I’m onboard 😊 #support

Sponsored

Hunnieshadow

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Q8, 2019 HD Fat Boy, 2022 JL Rubicon on order
Probably! Where in CT, if you don’t mind my asking? I went to college there in New London…

Cheers,
-CM-
Husband will be in New London (CG Academy) and we bought a house in Plainfield….and my Jeep🤣 🤗🤗

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I had a Mustang GT convertible and felt like a toruist
That made me smile. The second time we visited I rented a --- Mustang convertible. ;)

Sponsored

zaneiz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hot take; the ducking thing is silly and takes away from the Jeep community. We already lost respect with the JKUs and now JLUs being called soccer mom cars/minivans (due to having minivan engines) but now with this Ducking stuff I just feel like the Jeeping scene is a joke most of the time.

Light bars all over, fugly grilles, big ass wheels, and as of the JL generation or so—rubber ducks? Big oof.

I’ll say it til I’m blue in the face…the Bronco community can have the whole Ducking thing. I wouldn’t miss it. My wife and son would, but I wouldn’t.

This being said, I’m well aware that I’m being a little hypocritical, as I own a fucking metallic pink JLU…albeit, it’s my wife’s daily…but I do drive it when the whole family is in it. So I’m not helping this current perception of “Jeepers are a joke.” So take my complaint with a grain of salt. Doesn’t mean anything and won’t change anything. Just my $0.02.
Jeep colors are helping to ruin how people perceive the Jeep community?

Must be exhausting to have the color pink affect your life like that.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
Jeep colors are helping to ruin how people perceive the Jeep community?

Must be exhausting to have the color pink affect your life like that.
I added that part to acknowledge that I am a little hypocritical about the duck thing as I own one pink and one blue Jeep. Doesn’t affect me at all, as it’s fun having the bright colored Jeeps. I figured I’d beat people to the punch. I’m self aware enough to see that, but I don’t have to like the ducking thing. If I’m known around here as the salty ducking guy, then so be it. I know a great many others in the community who feel as I do…I just don’t mind posting my opinion.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Just chill out and enjoy your jeep. People with shit attitudes like this are the ones that ruin the jeep community lol. Or the perception of the community at least.
Not true at all. I generally subscribe to live and let live, but there is truth to what he's saying. Wranglers have become a lifestyle vehicle for attention seekers instead of being a tool to get to cool places. Look at the Go Topless events for what Jeep ownership has become to many people. Ducks, angry grills, big wheels, all cry look at me. It's becoming difficult to talk to a random Jeep owner and compare trails, which tires we prefer, which winch we trust, lifts, shocks, etc. There are still a lot of good people who drive Jeeps. But they definitely don't have the same feeling of being a part of something, as it used to.

Signguy71

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 traihawk
Just got off a cruise ship today and they do the ducks on the ship. Not sure why, but they are sold on the ship as well.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Out of all the posts I've read on this forum, this one is about as meaningless as they get.
That being said...
Duck You !!! 🐥🦆
It's all just fun 🤩
Sponsored