Sponsored

Isnt the duck thing only for Jeeps?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Saw this lady with a duck on her dash. She was driving a 4runner TRD Off Road.

IMG_6204.jpg
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Maybe she has a Wrangler also?

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Itā€™s a Jeep thing, but Iā€™m going to duck a Bronco next time I see one. Just for giggles.

Sponsored

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
Hot take; the ducking thing is silly and takes away from the Jeep community. We already lost respect with the JKUs and now JLUs being called soccer mom cars/minivans (due to having minivan engines) but now with this Ducking stuff I just feel like the Jeeping scene is a joke most of the time.

Light bars all over, fugly grilles, big ass wheels, and as of the JL generation or soā€”rubber ducks? Big oof.

Iā€™ll say it til Iā€™m blue in the faceā€¦the Bronco community can have the whole Ducking thing. I wouldnā€™t miss it. My wife and son would, but I wouldnā€™t.

This being said, Iā€™m well aware that Iā€™m being a little hypocritical, as I own a fucking metallic pink JLUā€¦albeit, itā€™s my wifeā€™s dailyā€¦but I do drive it when the whole family is in it. So Iā€™m not helping this current perception of ā€œJeepers are a joke.ā€ So take my complaint with a grain of salt. Doesnā€™t mean anything and wonā€™t change anything. Just my $0.02.

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Iā€™m ambivalent on the whole ducking thing but last week me n the wife walked out of Wally World after weekly grocery shopping n we had our first duck. My wife had no clue what it was until I explained. She then was like so like happy. Was unreal. A grown woman all happy about a 50 cent duck. The duck now resides on our dash. Go figure. It made my wife smile so Iā€™m good. I do get a chuckle thinking about someone ā€œpoopingā€ a bronco. šŸ’© lol. Maybe someone should start the fad.

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Some people really enjoy the ducks, good for them. Doesn't change anything in my life, so I don't care either way.

One of my buddies that I go wheeling with absolutely hates the ducks, so like any true friend would do, I've been thinking about buying a variety pack off of Amazon so I could duck his Jeep every 2-3 weeks without him knowing it's me doing it. I figure one 50 pack and I could mess with him for almost 2 years lol šŸ˜†

SouthValleyPerformance

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022? Rubicon
Iā€™m ambivalent on the whole ducking thing but last week me n the wife walked out of Wally World after weekly grocery shopping n we had our first duck. My wife had no clue what it was until I explained. She then was like so like happy. Was unreal. A grown woman all happy about a 50 cent duck. The duck now resides on our dash. Go figure. It made my wife smile so Iā€™m good. I do get a chuckle thinking about someone ā€œpoopingā€ a bronco. šŸ’© lol. Maybe someone should start the fad.
Got yourself a little Bronco envy?

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Nope none at all. Think theyā€™re pretty cool actually. Seen some nice ones around here. Cheers

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Hot take; the ducking thing is silly and takes away from the Jeep community. We already lost respect with the JKUs and now JLUs being called soccer mom cars/minivans (due to having minivan engines) but now with this Ducking stuff I just feel like the Jeeping scene is a joke most of the time.

Light bars all over, fugly grilles, big ass wheels, and as of the JL generation or soā€”rubber ducks? Big oof.

Iā€™ll say it til Iā€™m blue in the faceā€¦the Bronco community can have the whole Ducking thing. I wouldnā€™t miss it. My wife and son would, but I wouldnā€™t.

This being said, Iā€™m well aware that Iā€™m being a little hypocritical, as I own a fucking metallic pink JLUā€¦albeit, itā€™s my wifeā€™s dailyā€¦but I do drive it when the whole family is in it. So Iā€™m not helping this current perception of ā€œJeepers are a joke.ā€ So take my complaint with a grain of salt. Doesnā€™t mean anything and wonā€™t change anything. Just my $0.02.
Just chill out and enjoy your jeep. People with shit attitudes like this are the ones that ruin the jeep community lol. Or the perception of the community at least.

Hunnieshadow

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Q8, 2019 HD Fat Boy, 2022 JL Rubicon on order
Iā€™ve owned a 2001, a 2010 and soon to be 2022 Wrangler and have never received or heard about these ducks. Is this fairly new? Iā€™ve only ever heard about them or have seen them hidden on cruise ships.

Someone fill me in!!
Sponsored