Sponsored

Is your Wrangler your daily driver, if not why?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Not my DD. I would love to DD my Jeep but I don't need to. as the VP of the family business and top field Tech for electrical trouble shooting on high temperature Ovens I get a company truck that i get to rack the miles on for work. but i will tell you the truck does nothing but work stuff. My wrangler is my errand goer and weekend fun driver. I do try to drive it to the office if there is no field work once or twice a month
Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
My first Jeep was a 3rd vehicle, so not DD. However, working from home has pretty much made it so I never drive my old DD, which is a RAM 1500. I literally have to find a reason to drive it to the convenient store around the corner or something, just to turn it over every other week or so. The Jeep has more dirt miles in the past two years than that truck has road miles.

Solution: sell both the Jeep (JK) and the truck and upgrade to a JLUR-XR that will see more trails than asphalt! The way it should be!

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Capt of the Wiggle Wagons.
having had 3 jeeps in the last 20 years i would never count on a jeep as a daily driver.
i love jeep but dang my new wrangler I've had for 9 months and its been in the shop 4 times for various things.
i drive a ford f150 it gets better gas milage, drives like a caddy, has not had any issues in the 3.5 years i had it from the factory.
the jeeps have always been toys and that's what i buy them for.
again i love jeep but my cherokees were bullet proof compared to this jl

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Govā€™t Contractor & Gym Rat
My Wranglers have always been my DD, until such time when my wife takes my Wrangler, and then Iā€™m left to drive her former car/SUV. It happened again after approximately six months of ownership/DD my JL! Whenever I ask her to drive one of my cars, she refuses. I only get to drive the JL when Iā€™m with my wifeā€¦
The JL is the best Wrangler to date.
Happy wife happy life, lol!
Cheers/B

Santana74

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler Sahara Altitude 3.0l, 18 Jaguar F-Pace
My Wranglers have always been my DD, until such time when my wife takes my Wrangler, and then Iā€™m left to drive her former car/SUV. It happened again after approximately six months of ownership/DD my JL! Whenever I ask her to drive one of my cars, she refuses. I only get to drive the JL when Iā€™m with my wifeā€¦
The JL is the best Wrangler to date.
Happy wife happy life, lol!
Cheers/B
Time to purchase another JL. She can't drive both at the same time.

Sponsored

Currentg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I got my 2018 JL Sport S on Black Friday 2018 and it has been my daily driver ever since. I have over 53000 miles on her and have loved every one. I am one of those guys that think their jeep drives great. No steering issues ever and consider the ride very comfortable. I have gotten close to or over 30 mpg (at 65 mph) on the highway and average about 21 mpg or so during my daily drive to and from work (20 miles each way).

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
It's my daily driver until the loan is up. Then I decide if I want to buy a second car (second vehicle would be a car... none of this truck/SUV nonsense... something fun to drive), or trade the Jeep in for one with more options... or maybe go a year or two without payments....

I drive ~1k miles a month, and I'm at 6,200 miles... it's not getting old anytime soon.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Mine's not my DD, and it's not my DD because after I get through the "learning the Jeep and figuring out what I want to do with it" period, it's going to get lifted and set up to be mostly driven when I want to go do fun stuff off road. My JKR was a DD for years on 37s as well as a weekend fun toy, and when you eventually have an issue with it, it sucks being down a daily. Having a separate daily from your wheeling Jeep makes it a lot easier to keep normal life going while figuring out how to fix whatever it is you broke or whatever component decided it'd had enough and quit on you.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I drive mine all the time. I also have to exercise the other two vehicles at least once a week. šŸ˜Ž.

Sponsored

running_man

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Mine does split duty....once my youngest graduated high school and I got him a newer car, I inherited his old ride, a 2003 Toyota Highlander....I drive it and my '19 JLUR roughly 50/50....keeps the miles off of her and these days, helps at the pump, as the hooptie still gets 23 mpg.....

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Our wrangler was a daily driver before Covid. My wife drove it to work (short 8 mile commute). I drove a Camry to work (30 mile commute) and the Jeep on Fridays. It did fine, the JLs are very comfortable Jeeps in our opinion. Other than an early issue with the front seats the Jeep has been as reliable as any other vehicle I've ever owned. Although it only has 20k miles so it better be lol.

With both of us working from home now and the outrageous price of gas the Jeep has become more of a toy and vacation vehicle.

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
The JLR is my retirement vehicle. I drive it around town to and to the beach 2/3s of the time. Drive the former "going to the airport for work car" on longer trips. It's a 2017 retractable fastback Miata GT. Averages mid 30's mpg and close to 40 mpg on longer trips. My wife drives a newer Ridgeline.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
It's my daily driver! I love driving it all the time :like:

However, I have to admit this has limited my mods installed. For example, I'm only running 32" K02S to maximize MPGs. This list goes on...

Jeep Wrangler JL Is your Wrangler your daily driver, if not why? 20220601_132256 (1)

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I work from home so same boat.

Iā€™ve been trying to look for what lift/tire combo looks the best/performs the best with a 3.6L automatic 2 door and it looks like yours fit the bill. You do have automatic right? Do you have any concerns with voiding the warranty because you put larger tires and lifted it?

my body valve gave out in my transmission 1k miles in and I had to get it replaced. Jeep cares gave me an extended 7year/100k mile warranty and I wouldnā€™t want to void that over a small lift and 33inch tires.
Yes, mine is an automatic. Only warranty repairs I had were steering box replacement and track bar replacement (common on 2018's), main and aux batteries replaced, software updates for power control module and infotainment system. Dealer performed all warranty repairs without any issue.
Sponsored