Sponsored

Is your Wrangler your daily driver, if not why?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am guessing the recent increase in the price of gas might deter some from using a Wrangler as a daily driver.
Sponsored

Really?AJeep?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Fusion, '97 F-150, '07 Cummins, '22 JLR
Bought mine as a toy for now, drive it on my days off and weekends, plan to take it on trips and such if we aren't going to be using the fifth wheel. Currently using a '97 Subaru Legacy AWD with 274,000 on it I picked up for $600 a few years ago for the daily. The Subaru is a beast, goes through anything. The Jeep will probably turn into a daily someday if the Subaru ever dies. You can see the beauty parked behind the new toy.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is your Wrangler your daily driver, if not why? Jeep2

roojacksid

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bright White JL Rubicon

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Minis and Wranglers are in my all time top 10 FUN vehicles to drive. Owned 3 Mini Cooper S models. Talk about FUN! I miss them but not the issues I had with them. I am very tempted to try another every time I see one.

I daily drive my JLR and all of the Wrangler before it. Even the very early and very problematic '97 TJ with half-doors, soft top, 2.5L. 3-speed auto. The JL is like a full blown luxury SUV compared to that little TJ. It was/is still one of my favorite vehicles.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is your Wrangler your daily driver, if not why? 620018F8-4D8E-4723-96CF-86FEDCA10C44

Jeep Wrangler JL Is your Wrangler your daily driver, if not why? F8190FF2-8E87-495C-9D14-5B1AFB1B7211

This was my last commuter car. I really enjoyed it and thought it was reliable, put over 20,000 miles on it in a year. My aunt also has Countryman S of the same generation, still has it and been reliable... My only issue I had was the passenger strut was leaking. But I also drove it like I stole it and the roads around Orlando sucks. So I can’t really fault the car for that. I would buy another one if I found a good deal.

I seriously considered a 124 Abarth not as a replacement for a Wrangler but as a 3rd car. I was offered up to $6500+ off brand new Abarths back in 2019-2020. I did not buy one because of the lack of dealer support. Was VERY tempting though. Great looking and fun car.
I recall them being mid 20’s for the Abarth when I was considering one. It seems like a lot of car for the price then. I recalled they used to loose a lot of value, but they seemed to have appreciated (although that maybe grossly screwed over based on current market conditions).

Jeep Wrangler JL Is your Wrangler your daily driver, if not why? E2823390-2AA3-4B09-B85C-5FE190AFCF98

I still feel it’s one of the best looking cars on the road and they sound outstanding.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Jeep Wrangler JL Is your Wrangler your daily driver, if not why? E2823390-2AA3-4B09-B85C-5FE190AFCF98

This was my last commuter car. I really enjoyed it and thought it was reliable, put over 20,000 miles on it in a year. My aunt also has Countryman S of the same generation, still has it and been reliable... My only issue I had was the passenger strut was leaking. But I also drove it like I stole it and the roads around Orlando sucks. So I can’t really fault the car for that. I would buy another one if I found a good deal.

I recall them being mid 20’s for the Abarth when I was considering one. It seems like a lot of car for the price then. I recalled they used to loose a lot of value, but they seemed to have appreciated (although that maybe grossly screwed over based on current market conditions).

I still feel it’s one of the best looking cars on the road and they sound outstanding.
I owned 2 Pepper White Mini Cooper S! One with a black roof and one with a white roof.

That is the same exact color/ seat combo Abarth I wanted. I was shocked by how expensive the painted Heritage stripe was. I think that painted Heritage stripe on the Abarth was a $2K option. Since it is built by Mazda, the 124 is probably the most reliable Italian car made! :LOL: The Fiat 1.4T with or without Monza exhaust sounds a LOT better than the Miata half sibling. Looks much more exotic too.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I owned 2 Pepper White Mini Cooper S! One with a black roof and one with a white roof.

That is the same exact color/ seat combo Abarth I wanted. I was shocked by how expensive the painted Heritage stripe was. I think that painted Heritage stripe on the Abarth was a $2K option. Since it is built by Mazda, the 124 is probably the most reliable Italian car made! :LOL: The Fiat 1.4T with or without Monza exhaust sounds a LOT better than the Miata half sibling. Looks much more exotic too.
My Mini was the Clubman, the old R55 has the 3rd suicide door. Really wish they still offered on that body style instead of the 4 door wagon.

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
Sometimes I wish I didn't enjoy driving my Wrangler as much as I do as the miles rack up pretty quick since it's my daily driver for work and errands. It's currently 100% stock and rides and drives better than I ever expected a Wrangler to, especially after test driving a JK years ago.

Tomorrow I have a 600 mile round trip planned to Green Bay to visit my daughter and grand kids. Leaning towards taking my wife's Cherokee because of the slightly better gas mileage but the Wrangler is pulling me towards its driver's seat.

My point is, unless someone's Wrangler is heavily modified for off road making it not much fun to drive on asphalt, why wouldn't it be your #1 ride? Does anyone find their stock Wrangler not worthy of being a daily driver? I'm guessing nobody but I could be wrong.

So yes, my Wrangler is a garage queen, but only when it's not being utilized as my go to vehicle. Either to work, or running errands or heading up to my hunting property. Wonder if there are others like me out there?

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
Use my 2017 RF Miata for trips, the mpg is in the 34-38 range but uses premium. The Jeep is used for travels to the beach and around town. For self abuse at the gas pumps, we fill up our old Corvette with three deuces.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon 2dr ,2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr
25 years of wrangler 2 drs. As daily drivers, you need an Offroad vehicle for the roads in Maine. Most of my Jeeps have been mildly modified ( lifts, larger tires, bumpers, winch, etc.) sometimes we have had 2 , down to one now, retired, 2021 JLR, just turned a year old 24k miles, probably start mods soon, Oh , you know the 2drs are the real jeeps!🤪

Sponsored

K75s

First Name
marck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited sport
mine is a stripper wrangler (it does have AC and an FM radio lol). but my daily commute is 350 per week WITHOUT any side trips or errands (not to mention the speeds traffic does). do i love driving it, oh HEACK YEAH!! but i can't justify adding miles that quickly to it

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

I love my Rubicon. Yet, after the first year of mostly driving it around town, it seemed a waste to rack up miles and burn gas (I bought a used dinky car--Ford Fiesta--for around town use).
Now the jeep naps in the garage when not used for 4-wheeling, camping, or skiing.

In truth, to me the Fiesta is more comfortable driving in the city. I only miss waving at other jeep drivers...

Benny

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Ocean Blue, 2012 Dodge Challenger
Hi

Just got my 22 JLUR and it's intended to be my daily driver and split that duty with my 2020 Challenger. Got it more for winter driver and winter season vacation/road trips as try to keep my Challenger out of the weather when salt goes on the roads.

Regards,
Jim
I have been daily driving Jeeps for decades, but highway trips over two hours and I'll take my 2012 Challenger if it's spring, summer or fall. Once the salt hits the roads the Dodge is put away till spring.
I have the 2018 JL 2 door and the fuel tank is too small for long trips. The only exception to this is heading up to Vermont to hit up microbreweries. The roads in Vermont turn from paved to dirt for no reason.

Benny

lohpilot

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Corvette HTC, 3LT. Formally owed 2 TJ's
On a fair weather day, my choice is my 2021 Corvette convertible. It has a better ride and mileage than my 2022 Wrangler 2dr Willys. The Jeep is for rainy and very cold weather. We have snow, but salt is sparingly used and the snow usually melts in a day.

20220316_185131.jpg

20220225_154051.jpg

20220225_154051.jpg

Ladyt618

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Daily driver here because the terrain where I live required it. My Ford Focus ST couldn't handle it long term. I've wanted a JL ever since I bought my 2016 Focus ST and now that I actually needed it....it was a no brainer and I absolutely LOVE daily driving in it...in spite of the increasing gas prices.

Still stock by the way :)
Sponsored