First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
I have had my 2020 JLUR for about a month now. I replaced the front OEM plastic bumper with an LOD steel one. I noticed that it looked crooked (lower on the passenger side) and thought I messed up installing it. Turns out the whole jeep leans to the passenger side when empty. It measures an inch lower from the front fender to the pavement. Is this normal? Do they set it up this way thinking that the when the driver is in it will level out?
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I have had my 2020 JLUR for about a month now. I replaced the front OEM plastic bumper with an LOD steel one. I noticed that it looked crooked (lower on the passenger side) and thought I messed up installing it. Turns out the whole jeep leans to the passenger side when empty. It measures an inch lower from the front fender to the pavement. Is this normal? Do they set it up this way thinking that the when the driver is in it will level out?
I don't own a JL, but the JKs also have a slight list. It's normal.

OP
OP
JeepNomad

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It’s a function of which side she is riding on.

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Studies show the average Jeep driver weighs 325 pounds so the suspension is a little higher on driver side to compensate.
average is 325 lbs. seriously???? Are you sure that is right?

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
If it's more than 6 inches, you should get that checked out :bandit:
Also if you're 325 pounds and not an NFL lineman, you should probably get that checked out too.

OP
OP
JeepNomad

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Wow, this thread went sideways really quick. LOL. If 325lbs is the average Jeep owner I need to start eating more. Me and the girlfriend together are less than that! If I add the 2 dogs in then we are right about average!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, this thread went sideways really quick. LOL. If 325lbs is the average Jeep owner I need to start eating more. Me and the girlfriend together are less than that! If I add the 2 dogs in then we are right about average!
That’s going to suck driving with all of them sitting on your lap ;)

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

I was lucky-my JLR was dead level side to side (gas tank near empty and sitting on pretty level garage floor) until I did my Mopar lift and found she was 3/4 inch low on passenger front...She is back to just over 1/8 inch low in the front (Mopar, at least on the 2-door instructions have the two front spring part numbers switched L to R, longer springs do go on passenger side) while the back is still just over 1/4 inch low (haven't addressed that just yet)

An inch low on passenger side on a new, stock Jeep, seems excessive...Using your VIN, ask your dealers parts department to look up and print out the LF, RF, LR & RR spring part numbers and compare them to what is actually on your Jeep. If they match, ask you dealer to take a look at the lean. If all else fails, Teraflex makes front and rear 1/2 inch spacers for leveling...

Last edited:

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Maybe when you fill your tank, it will bring it level, it's on the drivers side. See what it looks like after you fill up. Mine looks quite normal and I always keep a full tank.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

By the way, did you spend much time on Birdfarms?

OP
OP
JeepNomad

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
By the way, did you spend much time on Birdfarms?
Thanks for the info, I worked on P-3's most of my career, they are land based so no carriers.

OP
OP
JeepNomad

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Maybe when you fill your tank, it will bring it level, it's on the drivers side. See what it looks like after you fill up. Mine looks quite normal and I always keep a full tank.
I thought about that so filled up the tank... same gangsta lean to the passenger side.
Sponsored