Sponsored

Is your JL/JLU going to be your daily driver?

• Total voters

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Daily. Gonna sell my current Honda within the first year of ownership, and eventually get a more entertaining second car.

Thanks to a JL pulling winter duty, I'll feel good about letting the second, more sporty vehicle be rear-wheel drive. Possibly another convertible, too.

The l u x u r y of choosing which convertible you're driving today
Sponsored

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
going to drive it as my daily.

I currently daily a Ram 3500 CTD short-bed; awesome truck, but have put over 125k on it in just under 4 years of ordering (I used to do a lot of driving - recently slowing down due to job change). Bought the truck to pull a 5th wheel, but it's also a nice vehicle to drive.

changing to a Jeep (my first) will let me still have something fun and capable off-road, while saving the Ram for when I need a truck and not a go-around-town or go-to-work thing. Upkeep, maintenance, gas - general operating expenses - will also go down. It's expensive to drive a big diesel as a DD; well more expensive than many other vehicles.

Never been a car guy, wife has an SUV already, and it seemed silly to get a second (smaller) truck - so a Jeep fit the bill pretty well.

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
Daily for me 100% in the winter and probably 33% in the summer, next to a 2016 MX-5 GT and a Ducati Diavel Carbon.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
going to use my liberty for daily driving except when they call for bad weather then I will use the wrangler. the wrangler will mainly be my trip to the hiking and camping spots. I have 110K on the liberty and its still going strong. Original clutch and that makes me hesitant to upgrade to automatic on the wrangler. I love manual transmissions but the wife refuses to drive a stick

Sponsored

mde8965

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack; 2016 BMW X3
I answered daily driver to the poll.
Mine will initially be a secondary as I likely will order about sept 1 and get the vehicle early Nov. my BMW X3 lease ends Jan 24, 2019. Then the Wrangler will become my daily (back and forth to work) and also my fun (off-roader) sometimes on the weekend. But the true weekend warrior will continue to be my Sublime 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack. Love that 392. It only has 6,000 miles currently.

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on keeping my Nissan Leaf for my DD, mainly because its basically free to drive. The Jeep is replacing my Harley which was my weekend and long distance cruiser.

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Still motorcycling in the warmer weather- but I’ll be turning 50 this year and not sure how much longer I’ll be riding. It definitely saves mileage on my car though. It’ll definitely be my full time vehicle if I ever stop riding and will be my full time in winter/ crappy weather.

Of course it’ll be tempting to drive with the top off in summer as well.

It’ll be my first Jeep Wrangler - currently driving a 1st series 2007 Dodge Caliber - a very reliable car, but I’m ready for something with a little more oomph that can handle the roads and winter conditions here in rural NJ compared to where I used to live in urban NJ

Reactions: sds

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m gonna say no, I have an older Prius I drive daily because it’s 46mpg and I don’t live close to work so not having to fill up but once every other week is awesome. On cool spring days I will take the top off and drive daily but for the most part this Jeep is going to be a toy

sds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1100S & R1200RT
Occupation
Manufacturing

(If you have a different daily driver, please post what it is in this thread. If you want to. It's a free country if you don't want to say. :)
I ride my motorcycles for most travel, including year round commute whatever the weather (gotta love Cali). The JL Rubi 2-door, when I get it, will be a weekend / date night vehicle. My only other four wheeled vehicle is a '99 F-150 "wheelbarrow"

Sponsored

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ‘90 YJ, '22 4Runner
Q7 diesel is my current daily and will trade it in when the JLUR arrives, hopefully in 2-4 weeks. I will take my wife's VW Atlas on occasional long work road trips and she will be more than happy to have the Jeep in those cases.

U.S. Marine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It will be my daily driver most of the time except when I have the urge to wheel our 2014 Corvette C7 Masterpiece to work and other places unknown. The JLU is our first Jeep and I still can't believe how awesome it handles!!

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
My plan was to only drive the JLU when it was beautiful out and the top was off, in the snow... and essentially for fun. I have a 2WD Infiniti QX80, but for now it does seem like all I want to do is drive the Wrangler. If that doesn't wear off, perhaps I'll have a sale to consider.

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
Tesla model S. 90D is my daily driver, however I’m retired so some days I don’t go anywhere. The tesla is an amazing car!
I also have a Superduty F250 crew, longbed that I will probably sell after 3 to 6 months.

Jeep will be:

Home Depot
Camping
Tow behind Bus all over the place
Go to Nursery for plants
Open air, back country cruising.

I have atvs, dune buggy, Harley etc for other fun.
Sponsored