Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
B2F171B1-619A-48F4-899B-AD1F44698FDD.jpeg
F9C1A527-8333-4617-8F2D-AF6482AC56C8.jpeg
I haven't seen a yellow wrangler for a long time, and haven't been able to find a 2018 yellow wrangler on any dealer lot. maybe I will be the only yellow on the road.
. Mine. There is a HellaYella club thread.
Sponsored

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Just ordered a 2019 Hella Yella. I literally couldn't find a single 2018 one with the combo of things I wanted on the lot in the whole country. I wanted a higher end Sahara, but not anything crazy, and there weren't many yellows overall throughout the country. I don't plan on selling for a while, but feel good about the logic presented here that there may be fewer potential buyers, but really motivated ones.

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
The way I look at it, if someone wants a black/white/grey/silver Jeep, there will be a million and one of those out there to buy. If they want some sort of other color, there really aren't anywhere near as many options. So, while you may have a smaller set of buyers, you also have a smaller set of sellers. I would think this would keep things somewhat close when it comes to selling.

OP
OP

Dark-R

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
thank you for all the great input. I hope I will be keeping this Jeep forever, but you never know. I might trade for the plug-in in 2020.

back to the topic, I remembered there were yellow Jeeps everywhere years ago, but in the past 10 years I hardly see any yellow jeep. Even for the 2018 new JL, I haven't see any yellow at the dealer lot or on the road.

Like some of you said, everyone would love yellow, but actually owning one is a different decision. I am actually a little concern driving a yellow jeep as my daily driver, I will be getting a lot of attention for sure. haha

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Jeep's are fun vehicles, get a fun color.

The answer to your question is yes, but I think the answer to your REAL question is no. Let me explain...

Yes, a yellow vehicle is "harder" to sell in that less people are willing to buy them. This reduces the pool of people who would poasipos buy it from you and could take longer to sell. However, your Jeeps value will not be less because it is yellow. As a matter of fact, it may be worth more. This is because while the number of people willing to buy that color may be significantly less than the other standard colors, the people who do want yellow REALLY want it. And since there are usually so fewer yellow Jeep's available, that buyer is usually more willing to pay a higher price for it.

In the end, get what you want. Be happy and have FUN!
I agree. A fun color is better. Too many black and grey keeps.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
thank you for all the great input. I hope I will be keeping this Jeep forever, but you never know. I might trade for the plug-in in 2020.

back to the topic, I remembered there were yellow Jeeps everywhere years ago, but in the past 10 years I hardly see any yellow jeep. Even for the 2018 new JL, I haven't see any yellow at the dealer lot or on the road.

Like some of you said, everyone would love yellow, but actually owning one is a different decision. I am actually a little concern driving a yellow jeep as my daily driver, I will be getting a lot of attention for sure. haha
I will be getting my mojito soon. I’ll stick out too. I have never seen one in my area. Everyone will know it’s me

lagunajim

I've owned two Jeeps so far, and my third is on-order right now. All three YELLOW. Buy what makes you smile - it won't matter much at resale time.

No offense, but worrying about that sounds like my father...

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I think jeeps should only be made in awesome colors, I love hella yella, Punk'n, ocean blue, nacho, anything green, and red.

in a sea of boring colors, your yellow will stand out.

Everyone deep inside wants a colorful jeep...but only people that don't care what others think actually drive one.

Also people that buy colorful jeeps tend to keep them forever, so when you sell yours it will sell fast, because you don't find them for sale much.
Black, grey, white are for sale everywhere.

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
I just placed my order for a 2019 yellow Rubicon, this is my first Jeep. I had black, white, grey color cars before, and never had a yellow car. I think yellow looks great but I am having 2nd thought now. Seems like it is not a popular color, no one talks about it in the forum. Am I going to have trouble to sell the car in few years?
Fewer people buy yellow new, but the used market is a whole different place. There you have a lot of people who wouldn't be buying otherwise, younger people too where suddenly yellow sets them apart in the crowd and they'll want something unique like that. I wouldn't worry about resale. It will sell. Get it because you love it and enjoy it while you have it. d

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
I think jeeps should only be made in awesome colors, I love hella yella, Punk'n, ocean blue, nacho, anything green, and red.

in a sea of boring colors, your yellow will stand out.

Everyone deep inside wants a colorful jeep...but only people that don't care what others think actually drive one.
THIS

pjs1inc

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL, 02 Viper, 03 GMC Truck
Back in 2002 I was asking the same questions about Dodge Vipers, "should I buy a yellow Viper" and would I be hurt when it comes time to sell it? Well I bought a yellow Viper and never regretted it. Yellow is a head turner and not a common color as White, Black & Silver. They see you coming like they say. Still own the Viper and considering ordering a Yellow Rubicon, if I could get one with a red dash I would already have it on order!

viper1.jpg
Sponsored