Sponsored

is yellow harder to sell?

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
A quick google search shows that yellow has a high, if not the highest, resale value of any color. It takes longer to sell but gets a higher value. But I definitely the right thing to do is buy what you want and enjoy it.

https://www.policygenius.com/blog/which-car-colors-have-the-best-resale-value/#:~:text=Yellow cars hold their value,an analysis by iSeeCars.com.

Jeep Wrangler JL is yellow harder to sell? Annotation 2020-06-04 093444

https://www.moneytalksnews.com/5-colors-that-help-your-cars-resale-value-and-8-that-hurt/

5 car colors that help resale value
Yellow is one of five colors associated with below-average depreciation in the first three years of ownership:

• Yellow: 27 percent depreciation
  • Orange: 30.6 percent
  • Green: 30.9 percent
  • White: 32.6 percent
  • Red: 32.7 percent
Yellow as well as orange and green are uncommon car colors — collectively comprising only 1.2 percent of all three-year-old cars. Phong Ly, CEO of iSeeCars.com, notes this could contribute to demand and thus help cars of these three colors maintain their value.

Even popular body styles have below-average depreciation rates among yellow vehicles. For example, in the first three years of ownership:

• Yellow SUVs depreciate by an average of only 25.8 percent — compared with 30.9 percent for all SUVs.
  • Yellow pickup trucks depreciate by an average of only 10.8 percent — compared with 20.9 percent for all pickup trucks.
8 car colors that hurt resale value
Gold is one of eight colors associated with above-average depreciation in the first three years of ownership:

• Gold: 37.1 percent depreciation
  • Purple: 36.7 percent
  • Beige: 36.6 percent
  • Silver: 34 percent
  • Black: 33.6 percent
  • Gray: 33.5 percent
  • Brown: 33.5 percent
  • Blue: 33.5 percent

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Thanks man. See, Hellayella jeeps will sell.
I would order one if I was ordering again. It’s grown on me. Same with Bikini.
I had a dream a few weeks ago that my Jeep finally arrived but it was yellow. I didn’t order yellow and I sent it back. Lol.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A quick google search shows that yellow has a high, if not the highest, resale value of any color. It takes longer to sell but gets a higher value. But I definitely the right thing to do is buy what you want and enjoy it.

https://www.policygenius.com/blog/which-car-colors-have-the-best-resale-value/#:~:text=Yellow cars hold their value,an analysis by iSeeCars.com.

Jeep Wrangler JL is yellow harder to sell? Annotation 2020-06-04 093444

https://www.moneytalksnews.com/5-colors-that-help-your-cars-resale-value-and-8-that-hurt/

5 car colors that help resale value
Yellow is one of five colors associated with below-average depreciation in the first three years of ownership:

• Yellow: 27 percent depreciation
  • Orange: 30.6 percent
  • Green: 30.9 percent
  • White: 32.6 percent
  • Red: 32.7 percent
Yellow as well as orange and green are uncommon car colors — collectively comprising only 1.2 percent of all three-year-old cars. Phong Ly, CEO of iSeeCars.com, notes this could contribute to demand and thus help cars of these three colors maintain their value.

Even popular body styles have below-average depreciation rates among yellow vehicles. For example, in the first three years of ownership:

• Yellow SUVs depreciate by an average of only 25.8 percent — compared with 30.9 percent for all SUVs.
  • Yellow pickup trucks depreciate by an average of only 10.8 percent — compared with 20.9 percent for all pickup trucks.
8 car colors that hurt resale value
Gold is one of eight colors associated with above-average depreciation in the first three years of ownership:

• Gold: 37.1 percent depreciation
  • Purple: 36.7 percent
  • Beige: 36.6 percent
  • Silver: 34 percent
  • Black: 33.6 percent
  • Gray: 33.5 percent
  • Brown: 33.5 percent
  • Blue: 33.5 percent
I haven’t seen the OP post anything. He should check out this data and rest easy.

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Yellow as well as orange and green are uncommon car colors — collectively comprising only 1.2 percent of all three-year-old cars.
I wouldn't buy just any car in orange, but couldn't be happier with my custom ordered Punk'n - that color is just spot on :involve: I still need to see the first Punk'n besides mine :)

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't buy just any car in orange, but couldn't be happier with my custom ordered Punk'n - that color is just spot on :involve: I still need to see the first Punk'n besides mine :)
I was looking at Punkn, but it seemed more red than orange. I don't know why they didn't have the Nacho color out for that long. I don't think Nacho was even in their build configurator. After seeing HellaYella in person, I was sold. It's not that bright yellow as I thought it would be. It's got a little orangish tint to it. And people love it in person.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
I've been considering yellow, but in the end went for orange. Yellow is cool too (for a Wrangler) :rock:

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can I ask where you got the hood outline stripe?

C
It's part of AEV's JL370 package. But you can get that done at any body shop that does vinyl wraps.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I don't think I've ever bought a car based on how much I could sell it for later, I just buy for what I want. From what I've seen a lot here trade in and upgrade pretty regularly, where I like to keep something until it falls apart, so different train of thinking I guess.

I never expected I would want a yellow vehicle of all things, but when I got deadset on a Jeep, yellow was the most fitting to me!

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella
Funny.. I traded my Baja Yellow JKU in when I ordered my HellaYella JLUR and the dealer said something along the lines of the yellow JK will probaby sit on the lot for a while because of the color. Long story short, it sold within the week.

Jeep Wrangler JL is yellow harder to sell? MY JL Front
Sponsored