Sponsored

is yellow harder to sell?

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I've owned yellow cars in the past and like them. In all of my online searching I've only found a few in yellow. Everybody has their own color preferences, for me yellow is about middle of the list. As someone said elsewhere, the Jeep is an unconventional vehicle and works well with a crazy color.
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
B2F171B1-619A-48F4-899B-AD1F44698FDD.jpeg
F9C1A527-8333-4617-8F2D-AF6482AC56C8.jpeg
. Mine. There is a HellaYella club thread.
Great looking machine! We sold every yellow Jeep quickly probably because they were few and far between.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I know this sounds stupid to most, but I had to cross Mojito! and Hellayella off the list because of the Oregon Ducks. They are both nice colors, but I just couldn't. Not sure if anyone else has those corny types of hang ups.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I did have an Inca Gold TJ and I loved that color.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I would venture to say most midlife crisis colors are a little harder to sell, however, if you think about it with our population someone’s got to be going through a midlife crisis at any given moment. That said, maybe they shouldn’t be hard to sell.. haha

I know a few who have the “crazy colors“ and like them, if you like it then that’s all that matters I wouldn’t stress about sales volume in reference to colors when making your choice.

Sponsored

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
HellaYella was the only color I wanted to buy for my JLU - life is too short to drive boring cars and boring colors are a huge problem these days, IMO. I searched nationwide for a yellow, stick shift Sport S Unlimited and was lucky enough to have found one at my local dealer.

I love all the other non-greyscale colors with Bikini and Mojito! being my top backups but my wife prefers Punk'n and the new Sarge. Red is kinda meh, but way better than the shades of grey most folks have.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
HellaYella was the only color I wanted to buy for my JLU - life is too short to drive boring cars and boring colors are a huge problem these days, IMO. I searched nationwide for a yellow, stick shift Sport S Unlimited and was lucky enough to have found one at my local dealer.

I love all the other non-greyscale colors with Bikini and Mojito! being my top backups but my wife prefers Punk'n and the new Sarge. Red is kinda meh, but way better than the shades of grey most folks have.
Agree 100%. That's why I bought one. As I said before, Wranglers are the only fun convertible off-roaders you can get. I wish they offered more bright colors.

Last edited:

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Great looking machine! We sold every yellow Jeep quickly probably because they were few and far between.
I have only seen about six in the DC area, including mine, and that includes what I saw on dealer lots. I ordered mine from the factory in 2018. I saw the ugliest one a few months back though. HellaYella with a tan softtop—just didn’t look right.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
All this Limited edition Talk and the Depreciation value of vehicles based on color is all BS. If a color or model was highly prized and sought after then the manufacturer would be pumping them out like there is no tomorrow in order to increase sales. Get real people! the reason that the manufacturer doesn't make a crap load of Yellow jeeps is because of demand. They spend multi millions of dollars to study customer demand and that drives their projections in production. And don't be surprised if LIMITED EDITION is just a means by which to sell vehicles, made out of a boat load of heated seat cushions from china and they have excess so they make a limited edition version just to empty their stock of over purchased parts. I don't think the Moab edition is a better jeep then the Rubi or Sahara. After looking at their spec's, they look like a jeep put together with excess parts from other models and non standard parts like tires they may have got real cheap. If you don't see a crap load of yellow jeeps on the road, then its because Jeep doesn't sell that many. use that as an indication of resale. In my opinion, yellow jeeps look cool and i like seeing them BUT I will not buy one. Buy your jeep because you love it, not for resale value, that way you won't have any buyers remorse.

socal66

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
If you do sell your Jeep in the future do you want to have your Grey Jeep listed alongside 50+ other Grey Jeeps many with sellers that might be listing their comparable vehicle for a price lower than you would like or would you like to have your Yellow Jeep one of the few or the only listing in that color?

There are fewer buyers for Yellow Jeeps out there but there are some and in the future they will have fewer options than those that seek the "popular" colors so one could make the argument that there is a premium value associated with vehicles with the least produced colors.

In the end you should pick the color you like and not what you think the next person will like as I am not sure that it significantly matters for resale vs. other more important factors such as condition, mileage, options, etc.

Sponsored

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
All this Limited edition Talk and the Depreciation value of vehicles based on color is all BS. If a color or model was highly prized and sought after then the manufacturer would be pumping them out like there is no tomorrow in order to increase sales. Get real people! the reason that the manufacturer doesn't make a crap load of Yellow jeeps is because of demand. They spend multi millions of dollars to study customer demand and that drives their projections in production. And don't be surprised if LIMITED EDITION is just a means by which to sell vehicles, made out of a boat load of heated seat cushions from china and they have excess so they make a limited edition version just to empty their stock of over purchased parts. I don't think the Moab edition is a better jeep then the Rubi or Sahara. After looking at their spec's, they look like a jeep put together with excess parts from other models and non standard parts like tires they may have got real cheap. If you don't see a crap load of yellow jeeps on the road, then its because Jeep doesn't sell that many. use that as an indication of resale. In my opinion, yellow jeeps look cool and i like seeing them BUT I will not buy one. Buy your jeep because you love it, not for resale value, that way you won't have any buyers remorse.
All those here for the anger management class please proceed to room A. ;)