is yellow harder to sell?

Dark-R

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I just placed my order for a 2019 yellow Rubicon, this is my first Jeep. I had black, white, grey color cars before, and never had a yellow car.

I think yellow looks great but I am having 2nd thought now. Seems like it is not a popular color, no one talks about it in the forum. Am I going to have trouble to sell the car in few years?
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yellow ended up being pushed way back on its order/release date so you don't see much about them on the forums because they have not been available as long.

All Jeeps hold their value well, and Jeeps have been sold in yellow for probably at least 20 years now. Buy what makes you happy rather than what might make some hypothetical future owner happy.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
I seen a video on YouTube a few years ago and talked about all the Jeep colors thru out the years and it talked about yellow Jeep's being the most sought after. I think it's personal preference but I think in a used car market a HellaYella Jeep will find a buyer before a black silver or white Jeep. I have a yellow TJ and can see my car from the window that overlooks the parking lot and my Jeep stands out the most.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Any color outside of the standard black, white, grey, silver is more difficult to sell. People may love how it looks, but don't want to own it themselves.

Will it be more difficult to sell than a standard color, yes. Will you be stuck with it forever, no. It is a jeep, it will sell.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Looking at used cars for my son, now. Yellow falls into the ā€œnot even going to click on that oneā€ category.

Yeah, theyā€™re harder to sell.

The good news is that Wranglers will alway be in demand, so it wonā€™t be nearly as difficult to find a buyer than for, say, a yellow Dodge Neon.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dark-R

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I haven't seen a yellow wrangler for a long time, and haven't been able to find a 2018 yellow wrangler on any dealer lot. maybe I will be the only yellow on the road.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Yellow jeeps are great. You wonā€™t have any problem selling it. Enjoy it while you have it and donā€™t worry about the next guy.
Heck I ordered a manual transmission which is not the norm and it will be harder to sell than an auto. But itā€™s what I wanted.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wifeā€™s)
Limited edition colors become sought after, as they become harder to find. The population grows, but limited colors get crashed, driven to death, flooded etc. Bottom line, as the population grows, that limited number originally made, is constantly getting smaller. Get the yellow. Youā€™ll have no problem finding a buyer if you ever decide to sell.

Synde

First Name
Synde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
As a woman who looked for a while for a used Rubi before deciding to buy new - I refused to click on any Blacks, Granite, Grey, Silvers. White was my next least favorite choice. but would have bought one. I live in a hot climate. Black is hot and it shows dust and dirt. Clearly a lot of people like them, but not me. More women are buying Wranglers... when you are ready to sell.... you will have a happy buyer, not a generic joe. :) I'm currently deciding between Mojito, Yellow and Orange. Wish Bikini were out - not sure I will want that one, but would like to see it before I order, but guess it is not to be. You'll be hot in your Yellow!

Eloib

First Name
Eloi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any color outside of the standard black, white, grey, silver is more difficult to sell. People may love how it looks, but don't want to own it themselves.

Will it be more difficult to sell than a standard color, yes. Will you be stuck with it forever, no. It is a jeep, it will sell.

Not really. In fact common colors have higher depreciation than ā€œexoticā€ colors.

Sponsored

JlURT

First Name
WILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlURT18'
No, all 3 jeeps I've owned before were all red. When I think of a jeep, I think of red. I don't regret my choice at all but damn I wish I've gotten yellow. Its so beautiful. Anyways, back to your question. I actually think you will get a premium when it's time to sell. If you have a grey one, they can come back and say they seen 100 cheaper ones on the market. You can't do that with yellow. But you will get, like others have mention, some people that won't even consider a loud color.

If you have a change of heart, we can trade.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Jeep's are fun vehicles, get a fun color.

The answer to your question is yes, but I think the answer to your REAL question is no. Let me explain...

Yes, a yellow vehicle is "harder" to sell in that less people are willing to buy them. This reduces the pool of people who would poasipos buy it from you and could take longer to sell. However, your Jeeps value will not be less because it is yellow. As a matter of fact, it may be worth more. This is because while the number of people willing to buy that color may be significantly less than the other standard colors, the people who do want yellow REALLY want it. And since there are usually so fewer yellow Jeep's available, that buyer is usually more willing to pay a higher price for it.

In the end, get what you want. Be happy and have FUN!

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
No.
Sponsored