Is working rear defroster warm to the touch?

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser, 2013 F150, 2018 Jeep Ribicon, Polaris 1000 XP, 2 750 Artic Cat quads
Occupation
Retired
I had the broken wire issue with my rear defroster. It looks like that used some type of adhesive to reattach the wire. Now, I'm down in Arizona for the winter. So, it may be a while before I need it. So, as the title said, is the rear defroster/window warm to the touch after turning it on for a period of time? Any other way to verify operation without some cold weather?

Advertisement

OP
BVGeezer

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser, 2013 F150, 2018 Jeep Ribicon, Polaris 1000 XP, 2 750 Artic Cat quads
Occupation
Retired
I was asking for an intelligent answer or reasonably so not stupid humor.

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
I had the broken wire issue with my rear defroster. It looks like that used some type of adhesive to reattach the wire. Now, I'm down in Arizona for the winter. So, it may be a while before I need it. So, as the title said, is the rear defroster/window warm to the touch after turning it on for a period of time? Any other way to verify operation without some cold weather?
The grid will be warm to the touch after a few minutes.

You can also put an amp meter clamp over one of the supplying cables (one on each side) to check the amp draw of the defroster.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm no mechanic, but my logic says yes it should be since it is heating up your glass.

Now for your stupid humor

i-dont-want-to-say-its-hot-in-my-room-summer-meme.jpg

OP
BVGeezer

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The grid will be warm to the touch after a few minutes.

You can also put an amp meter clamp over one of the supplying cables (one on each side) to check the amp draw of the defroster.
Thanks. I was thinking it should be warm to the touch. I'm on the road and not packing my amp meter. May pick up a second one on Amazon since they are cheap.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Of course it gets warm to the touch...how else do you think it melts ice/snow.

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement