Is upgraded steering needed with Mc 3.5’’ lift

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
Hey guys and gals, i just ordered a Mc 3.5’’ lift and fox 2.5 elite dsc shocks. And Mc sells a steering upgrade which includes a tie rod, drag link and a fox steering stabilizer. But I want to go with the fox ats stabilizer, any suggestions on what I should do, or what you recommend ? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
Also I plan on going with a 37” tire.

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Works fine with stock steering, though no doubt the MC is stronger and more robust.

I'm running 37s

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys and gals, i just ordered a Mc 3.5’’ lift and fox 2.5 elite dsc shocks. And Mc sells a steering upgrade which includes a tie rod, drag link and a fox steering stabilizer. But I want to go with the fox ats stabilizer, any suggestions on what I should do, or what you recommend ? Thanks.
If you’re going to relocate it to top of tie rod then order the ATS for JK instead of JL. That way it will come with tie rod clamp. You can’t use the MC tie rod clamp with a through shaft SS. If you get the JL version, you’ll have to modify it to relocate it because it’s made to go in the factory location. Also be sure to get the right size clamp for your tie rod diameter……

JK version…..
Jeep Wrangler JL Is upgraded steering needed with Mc 3.5’’ lift BFE23260-1C64-4DE8-BF66-EAC6635BDD28

JL version….
Jeep Wrangler JL Is upgraded steering needed with Mc 3.5’’ lift C8C56FB5-6C92-4484-A821-9659F2F19E07

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I have the GC 3.5 with Fox ATS 2.0 stabilizer and it's solid.

Sponsored

Spencer

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Been running the 3.5 MC lift for a year now. Steering has been so awful. Did the Fox ATS and it helps. Just got done correcting the front and rear trackbar angles using a relocation bracket and flipped the drag link. The angles are back to stock now and finally it feels stable driving on crappy roads and on the freeway, even with heavy crosswinds. (Note: you must use 4” of bump stops in the front to prevent the drag link from hitting the frame)
Jeep Wrangler JL Is upgraded steering needed with Mc 3.5’’ lift BDEE392E-FA35-494C-92B5-0BDB6F0D90D9

Jeep Wrangler JL Is upgraded steering needed with Mc 3.5’’ lift 58E5E065-8060-478B-857D-BDE4077FF3C7

OP
OP

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
Been running the 3.5 MC lift for a year now. Steering has been so awful. Did the Fox ATS and it helps. Just got done correcting the front and rear trackbar angles using a relocation bracket and flipped the drag link. The angles are back to stock now and finally it feels stable driving on crappy roads and on the freeway, even with heavy crosswinds. (Note: you must use 4” of bump stops in the front to prevent the drag link from hitting the frame)
Jeep Wrangler JL Is upgraded steering needed with Mc 3.5’’ lift 58E5E065-8060-478B-857D-BDE4077FF3C7

I ended up ordering the steersmart drag link and tie rod, with the fox ats. You think I will still need as much bump stop, or have bad steering like you have had ?

Spencer

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I ended up ordering the steersmart drag link and tie rod, with the fox ats. You think I will still need as much bump stop, or have bad steering like you have had ?
I lived with the increased angles for a year. Some don’t notice much and some do. I don’t like making multiple changes to the Jeep at once, makes it hard to figure out where the problem came from. Start with what you ordered and see what happens. You’ll love the lift kit!

Spencer

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You only need 4” of bump stop if you’re flipping the drag link and raising the track bar.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My steersmarts was rock solid for a whole 15k miles, when the end on the knuckle side failed. Early failure and the fact that the ends cost half as much as the whole bar, also having to re-torque.

I’m pretty sure it had nothing to do with stretching bolts from over torquing or aluminum knuckles, as I have the Reid’s. I think there’s inconsistencies in the sleeve. When I changed knuckle for others I had to beat the sleeve out, when I changed my knuckles the sleeve came out with the with the drag link …..decided to go with something I can rebuild…… I’m done with those drag links….

Last edited:

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUHT (JLHT?) '19 F-150 5.0 '03 Envoy XL
Occupation
RE20 microphones
That Fox ATS for the JL is a pain in the rear to install in the factory location. For the factory location you'll possibly need This older style MOPAR HEX FLANGE HEAD BOLT and on top of that the bracket which mates to the stock location on the axle is not fun to install. I did not take the advice to relocate off the jump and paid the price in hours installing to the factory location.
Sponsored