Is this the worst time to buy?

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2017 JKR Lots of mods
It is interesting to me reading that ordering your jeep puts pricing deals more in your favor than trying to buy off the lot.

Both my wife and I are contemplating getting a new Rubicon very soon and I figured ordering would be the way to go to ensure we get them exactly how we want. Anyone think there would be any extra room discount wise for a order of 2? She will get a JLU and I want a 2 door.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It is interesting to me reading that ordering your jeep puts pricing deals more in your favor than trying to buy off the lot.

Both my wife and I are contemplating getting a new Rubicon very soon and I figured ordering would be the way to go to ensure we get them exactly how we want. Anyone think there would be any extra room discount wise for a order of 2? She will get a JLU and I want a 2 door.
From my experience buying a second or even a third will not get much extra off if they deal is down to the bone. I think you are doing excellent if you get a true 6%-7% under invoice with a reasonable DOC fee and no other requirements.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I am having the same exact issue in Cincinnati. I cant find a manual and they will not come down off of MSRP. I am going to have to build a 2021 at this point but I am trying to find the dealer that's going to give me the best deal.
Dave Dennis in Dayton was offering 5% below invoice. If you search the forum, you can find threads regarding it. I called a month or two ago and they were still willing to make that deal. I would recommend calling though as I had little luck with email. When I talked to them they said their email system/software had changed. Mention that you saw the offer for 5% below invoice on this forum. When I bought my first JLU in 2018, they even offered 5% below invoice on in stock vehicles. Not sure that will fly now with the demand, but you never know.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR

likely not. I see you're in hockley. If you want to drive down to pearland, Patrick Reilly at southfork will get you setup with a hell of a deal on a custom order since you're local(ish)

Tolb86

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler sport
I’m also in the market for a new wrangler. Looking at a sport with the sun and sound package and even tho they are getting more to the lot they really don’t want to give very many discounts. As of right now the MSRP is $44,975 and he is quoting me at $42,164 plus tax title and license. I’m going to see if I can get it around $39,000 but we shall see.

Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training

Ordering 2 won't really give you any additional leverage. The dealers that heavily discount custom orders are all high-volume dealers that make up the savings they offer with performance bonuses they receive from FCA. These dealerships move lots and lots of vehicles, 1 more won't really sway them.

When you go to shopping, talk with Mark Martinez at Mac Haik in Georgetown. I ordered my 2020 JLUR through them and am going next week to pick it up. 5.1% below invoice out the door, less sales tax (Montana resident so I don't pay sales tax). I contacted a bunch of Texas dealers when looking to order (27 total dealerships, IIRC) and Mac Haik in Georgetown easily agreed to my terms and have been very pleasurable through the ordering process.

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
I'm waiting until February of 2021 to place my order for a willys most likely, hoping that's a good time, and production is quicker and maybe a bit more flex in pricing. Hope that pans out Haha. What's the usual wait time from orderimg to driving off lot?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm waiting until February of 2021 to place my order for a willys most likely, hoping that's a good time, and production is quicker and maybe a bit more flex in pricing. Hope that pans out Haha. What's the usual wait time from orderimg to driving off lot?
I ordered my current ride in a February as well. Took six weeks from order date to delivery

Jefferiesma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dave Dennis in Dayton was offering 5% below invoice. If you search the forum, you can find threads regarding it. I called a month or two ago and they were still willing to make that deal. I would recommend calling though as I had little luck with email. When I talked to them they said their email system/software had changed. Mention that you saw the offer for 5% below invoice on this forum. When I bought my first JLU in 2018, they even offered 5% below invoice on in stock vehicles. Not sure that will fly now with the demand, but you never know.
thanks for the tip! I actually ended up ordering from Byers in Columbus... Gabe Lugo helped me out and honestly So far it’s been the easiest car buying experience. He ended up getting me 5% off invoice. I originally went to Zimmer in Kentucky.. they jerked me around and didn’t want to bite on the sale.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
thanks for the tip! I actually ended up ordering from Byers in Columbus... Gabe Lugo helped me out and honestly So far it’s been the easiest car buying experience. He ended up getting me 5% off invoice. I originally went to Zimmer in Kentucky.. they jerked me around and didn’t want to bite on the sale.
I bought my JLU from Zimmer in 2018 and a Durango a couple of months ago. I will probably go back when I order a 2021 to replace my totaled Rubicon. My brother-in-law is a FCA executive. Zimmer matched the offer for 3% below Employee price with a Control Number. That comes out to about 7.5% below invoice.

Sponsored

swelch7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Dealer had a new 2018 JLR left on the lot, sticker was $50,545, just bought for $38,467. I had talked to the salesman weeks ago about doing a dealer locate on a stripped down Rubicon, he called this evening and said he'd sell it for $40,000. Went in and told him I'd do it for $40,000 out the door and we eventually agreed on $41,000 out the door. Brand new Rubicon with a sticker of $50,545.

End of the month, leftover inventory, killer deal. Employee pricing on it was a little over $46,000.

Jefferiesma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I bought my JLU from Zimmer in 2018 and a Durango a couple of months ago. I will probably go back when I order a 2021 to replace my totaled Rubicon. My brother-in-law is a FCA executive. Zimmer matched the offer for 3% below Employee price with a Control Number. That comes out to about 7.5% below invoice.
Thats awesome.. I am glad they are taking care of someone.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Dealer had a new 2018 JLR left on the lot, sticker was $50,545, just bought for $38,467. I had talked to the salesman weeks ago about doing a dealer locate on a stripped down Rubicon, he called this evening and said he'd sell it for $40,000. Went in and told him I'd do it for $40,000 out the door and we eventually agreed on $41,000 out the door. Brand new Rubicon with a sticker of $50,545.

End of the month, leftover inventory, killer deal. Employee pricing on it was a little over $46,000.
Given that amount of time in inventory (almost 3 model years old), how many miles did it have on it? Was it test drive-free?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ

So funny you say this. A dealer in our area has a 2018 left still 70-80 miles only. 60 grand loaded. They wont take more than 2 grand off sticker. It’s still on the lot 5 months later when I asked. It’s nuts. I said don’t u guys just want to get rid of it!? I mean they really paying interest on it. Not like they own their floor plan. we Have 1 dealer in our area who owns his floor plan so I can understand them cause the cars r owned. Not bank owned but this place is a bunch of clowns. Same as what someone else said. Demand is so high they can see them for sticker. That’s why they r sitting there especially this one.
I ended up going 50 mins away to a mom and pop jeep dealer. I looked at what people were paying in my area and what discounts were in my area. I asked For a better price than what I was seeing. They added 1500 to that and I bought then and there. I thought it was fair. I tried to get a soft top from them. That didn’t fly. Lol it’s all good though.
Sponsored