First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep soon
Hello Everyone,

First post here.

I'm in the market to purchase a Manual Trans JLU and due to COVID it seems the inventories are completely wiped out at dealerships around me. (NJ)

I'm not too picky on the trim, but manual is necessary. The dealerships near me that have manual transmissions will not move from MSRP and one dealership told me:

"It is literally the 'only' Unlimited manual Willy's within 200 miles and my managers were debating among themselves whether they should institute a market adjustment, ie charge over list like we did the first six months of 2018 after the new generation JL debuted. For now, they will accept list which is perfectly reasonable when it comes to a Wrangler insofar as its value down the road and uniqueness. "

Should I give up on trying to find a 2020 with manual transmission and build a 2021?

Are there any dealerships in NJ that come close to Criswell with 8% under invoice with Tread Lightly when you build your own?

Thank you for reading and your help!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd order if you can get a good price. If you find a 2020 you want it should be lower cost than a 2021 because it is a year older and the 2021 costs went up but the 2021 should be worth more if you get a good deal.
Approach Criswell with caution as experienced by one of the forum members.

SolvingChaos

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I just picked up a new 2019 JLU Sport S with MT for 6K below MSRP. Must have been because it was one of the last 2019s left on the lot...

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Just got a 2020 JLUR last Monday for an excellent deal and the dealer told me the window to order a 2020 had closed. You’ll probably get one for a steal if you do end up finding one on the lot but as others have mentioned, you may just want to order a 2021.

Good luck with the search/order/purchase!

48thChamber

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.groundswell-studio.com
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ Wrangler, 2021 Willys JLU O|||||||O
Occupation
Marketing & Creative Director / Web Designer
Hello Everyone,

First post here.

I'm in the market to purchase a Manual Trans JLU and due to COVID it seems the inventories are completely wiped out at dealerships around me. (NJ)

I'm not too picky on the trim, but manual is necessary. The dealerships near me that have manual transmissions will not move from MSRP and one dealership told me:

"It is literally the 'only' Unlimited manual Willy's within 200 miles and my managers were debating among themselves whether they should institute a market adjustment, ie charge over list like we did the first six months of 2018 after the new generation JL debuted. For now, they will accept list which is perfectly reasonable when it comes to a Wrangler insofar as its value down the road and uniqueness. "

Should I give up on trying to find a 2020 with manual transmission and build a 2021?

Are there any dealerships in NJ that come close to Criswell with 8% under invoice with Tread Lightly when you build your own?

I’m in NJ also and I couldn’t find anything in a manual for the most part only 1 or 2 Sport models that were manual. I opted to do a build in the beginning of June right when 21 models opened for ordering.

I do see a bunch of 20 Sport and Rubi’s starting to show up as in transit but not much else trim wise.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I do think it’s the worst time to buy a Wrangler off the lot. Demand is greater than supply right now. That is in the dealers favor. Like others have said, if you can wait, just order one. You can look around this forum to see what you should be able to pay on a special order.

Jefferiesma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hello Everyone,

First post here.

I am having the same exact issue in Cincinnati. I cant find a manual and they will not come down off of MSRP. I am going to have to build a 2021 at this point but I am trying to find the dealer that's going to give me the best deal.

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,

First post here.

First off they were wheeling and dealing now that inventory is almost gone or orders slowly coming in every dealer I've spoke to is not giving a penny off MSRP.....so I say FU. Wait them out, factory order what you want negotiate the best deal and wait.
They think auto sales are just going to rebound back in the 3rd and 4th QT give me what they are drinking.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
one reason to walk out of the dealership. because thats just a sign that they will not offer you a deal. i had one dealer that was trying to sell me a jlu at msrp. they told me that the wranglers are being sold above msrp and you will never get one under msrp. as i'm walking out, they said i'll be back and will be sorry that i didnt buy from them in the first place. well i didnt go back and got a jl instead and under msrp. i'm very happy with that move.

imo, i would shop around and see what other dealers are offering because dealers want to move the 19/20 year and make room for the 21 year. there are deals to be offered to move them. like others have mentioned, if you can wait and order a 21 model. then shop a dealer that is willing to order and offer a deal.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The reason they won't discount in-stock units is that you are at the wrong end of the supply/demand curve due to the factory shutdowns. If you order it will be another ballgame.