Sponsored

Is this the premium or standard soft top?

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Im looking to buy locally and have no experience with the new soft tops, but have heard the twill is better. Thanks for the help.

EDIT....I erased the pic guys. Its not my Jeep and Im not sure the owner wants a pic "out there".
I do appreciate the clarification about which top it is listed below. Many thanks!

If this post doesnt make sense now w/o the pic, Mods please feel free to delete.
Appreciate the help. Cheers!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Looks like a premium top. Easiest way to tell is look at the underside, if it is black it’s twill, if it is white/grayish weave looking it is sailcloth.
Gregj

OP
OP

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ok thanks,
Underside is black. Must be the premium as I thought.
I know theres alot of discussion about the differences and Id be fine with either one (prefer twill though). So Im not trying to open up that can o worms. Just wanted to know if I was pricing it fairly cuz the twill is obviously more expensive.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get the Twill, it is a Much Nicer top!
Gregj

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Underside is black. Must be the premium as I thought.

Just wanted to know if I was pricing it fairly cuz the twill is obviously more expensive.
Certainly, there's a price difference when adding a premium twill soft top to a new vehicle order, or purchasing the top a la carte as an accessory. That said, I wouldn't assign very much extra value to it at all when calculating the offer I'd make on a vehicle with the premium top, vs. if the standard sail cloth soft top was on there instead.

Sarge21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sarge
Damn. I want to buy a softop like that gor $650. you lucky bastard lol.
Just keep checking craigslist and facebook marketplace. I was extremely lucky and found a 4 door premium Mopar soft top for $400.00. It was off of a 2018 JLU that was purchased with the dual top option and the main driver of the Jeep did not like the soft top. It had been sitting in their garage for 3 years and they were moving and needed it gone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Picked it up. It is the premium twill. In very good shape, some scratches on windows, couple bolts missing, little dirty and dog hairy. Definitely worth what I paid. Ive had soft tops on my TJs and YJs and this twill is so much nicer.
Local FB marketplace is way to go. Living in a colder climate helps Im sure. Im midwest, about 70 miles from Chicago. It gets pretty cold here and some new Jeepers are afraid they will freeze with a soft top. I went into Chicago to get this which is kind of a nightmare in itself. But it worked out, so Im happy.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked it up. It is the premium twill. In very good shape, some scratches on windows, couple bolts missing, little dirty and dog hairy. Definitely worth what I paid. Ive had soft tops on my TJs and YJs and this twill is so much nicer.
Local FB marketplace is way to go. Living in a colder climate helps Im sure. Im midwest, about 70 miles from Chicago. It gets pretty cold here and some new Jeepers are afraid they will freeze with a soft top. I went into Chicago to get this which is kind of a nightmare in itself. But it worked out, so Im happy.
Get some Plexus for the windows, works great!
Expensive but worth it.
https://www.amazon.com/Plexus-Plast...cleaner&qid=1629009106&sprefix=plexus+&sr=8-3

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'll second the recommendation for the Plexus cleaner.

Local FB marketplace is way to go.
Maybe two years ago, I sold a nice pair of Ethan Allen end tables on FB Marketplace. I received a few genuine inquiries, and sold them for the listed price in short order.

More recently, I listed a pressure washer on Marketplace. Shortly after the ad went live, I began to receive multiple scam offers from in-state (but not local) and out-of-state folks. Perhaps their accounts were hacked, or perhaps not, but not a single inquiry passed the sniff test. I was forced to mark the item as Sold as the only means of removing the ad from Marketplace. It was a total Fail. I don't know what happened to Marketplace, but it's no longer a practical option.

I've since joined a local (i.e., county-level only) Yardsale group on the Book of Face. The pressure washer ad just went live there, so we'll see what happens.
Sponsored