Sponsored

Is this small noise normal when kicking the tire

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
As the title says, If I kick the tire at the 12 o'clock position, there is a slight clunking noise coming from behind the wheel. Both sides do that. Is it normal?

I kick it pretty hard, more like a kick and a push (Muay Thai guys know the teep kick lol)

I went off road the first time with my new lift and I'm wondering if the noise is related to that, or normal. While driving on washboard roads I could also hear some clunking, but the roads were pretty rough and the noise could have been normal...

With my old JK, the day after I lifted it I went off road and it started making some very noticeable clunking noise while driving (louder than my JL). I went to the shop the next day and they tightened something that came loose. Don't remember what it was.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Well take it back to the shop that installed it for a 500 mile re torque, or if you did it yourself check yourself? Probably nothing but maybe loose sway bar link or shock bolt, hard to say without phyisically checking

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Maybe you are kicking the TPMS?

Are your abilities along the lines of Tong Po?

OP
OP
aro

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well take it back to the shop that installed it for a 500 mile re torque, or if you did it yourself check yourself? Probably nothing but maybe loose sway bar link or shock bolt, hard to say without phyisically checking
I talked to the shop and they want me to go for retorqueing after 1000 miles., which is far away. I guess I'll get under the Jeep and just do it myself.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to the shop and they want me to go for retorqueing after 1000 miles., which is far away. I guess I'll get under the Jeep and just do it myself.
Wow usually its 500. If rebel did the work, id check everything i know myself and multiple people that have had work done by them only half the shit was tight

OP
OP
aro

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wow usually its 500. If rebel did the work, id check everything i know myself and multiple people that have had work done by them only half the shit was tight
They did the work on my JK and I had issues the following day when I went off road. After they retightened everything I didn't have any problems again. I'll have to do it myself.
Sponsored