Sponsored

Is this really what the Bestop Supertop squarback looks like without rear windows?

Ryand

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Dies
Hello,

Got the Supertop Squareback installed at 4WP in Denver on Friday. Looked pretty good in the lot and picked up at the end of the day so I didn't bother taking rear windows and sides off. I bought this after seeing it at the Denver Jeep Show a month or so ago. Took everything off today and it looks pretty bad. I am reaaaalllly hoping this is an install problem since this is one of the first 150 of these (got the coupon in the box). Can anyone confirm this is not what theirs looks like? The back seems ok but the sides from about midway up the rear doors to the back are not great.

Thanks!
Ryan

20220917_164230.jpg

20220917_155952.jpg

20220917_164213.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ryand

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just noticed @Bestop is a sponsor so maybe they can take a look. I submitted a ticket as well

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Just from glancing at the product page, it's not listed as being designed to run in that configuration. Just "fully-enclosed, Sunrider open, Safari-style bikini or fully open". I don't have one so I can't say for certain, but judging on how it looks, I would say it's probably not meant to run with sides off + sunrider.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Was gonna say the same thing as Tethmes ... It probably loses it's tautness due to sunrider open and nothing holding it with windows/rear curtain out.

Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Yeah, don’t think it’s meant to run like that. Pretty sure it’s meant to be Sun-rider closed when the windows are out (safari mode), or pulled fully back.

OP
OP

Ryand

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bummer but that makes sense I guess. Thanks all

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Looking at that last picture as well, it's possible there's some damage to the fabric in the passenger side rear, almost to the back corner. Hopefully not from flapping in the wind for too long. :(
Jeep Wrangler JL Is this really what the Bestop Supertop squarback looks like without rear windows? soft to

seanpublic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Sport S
With the OEM soft top, you can drive it in that configuration, according to the manual.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is this really what the Bestop Supertop squarback looks like without rear windows? Screenshot_20220918_040844

Last edited:

Sponsored

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
With the OEM soft top, you can drive it in that configuration, according to the manual.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is this really what the Bestop Supertop squarback looks like without rear windows? Screenshot_20220918_040844
I think this one is different than the OEM one. I had one and it looked different. If you notice, the OEM one folds past the rear seats. The one the OP has only folds past the driver. This leaves a bunch of extra material folded over the rear passengers.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
The website shows it running sunrider open, windows out just fine. Something is amiss...

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If you're going to no windows and you want sunrider mode as well, why wouldn't you just drop it completely? Is there something in your trunk that would require partial shade?
This version doesn’t drop.