Sponsored

Is this normal (exhaust question)?

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I'm only asking becasue the number of times the centre of the underside of my Jeep has been scraping over obstacles continues to climb :rock:

I use the remote start feature in my Jeep. As the temps are near freezing now I can see the exhaust better. As I approached my warming up jeep this morning I noticed a goos steady stream of exhaust coming from below the driver seat.

While this hole does look factory drilled - with the scrapes there I just want to be sure I haven't banged out a rivet or something and that exhaust actually should be coming out from here.

Thanks!

This photo is after I got back home:
Jeep Wrangler JL Is this normal (exhaust question)? IMG_9747

This was it when I came out in the morning - all wet and fluid coming out with the exhaust:

Jeep Wrangler JL Is this normal (exhaust question)? IMG_9746
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I dunno. Mine doesn’t appear to be having anything come out anywhere but the exhaust tip.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That's a weep hole. Allows for water/condensation to drain out. On a cold start, some water and water vapor will exit through here. Once the exhaust has some heat in it, it will stop coming out through the weep hole.

OP
OP
McGilli

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
That's a weep hole. Allows for water/condensation to drain out. On a cold start, some water and water vapor will exit through here. Once the exhaust has some heat in it, it will stop coming out through the weep hole.
Thank you. I have a bad history with mufflers :LOL: so I needed to be sure!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
2 (C8H18) + 25 (O2) = 18 (H2O) + 16 (CO2)

The products of the combustion of a hydrocarbon are water and carbon dioxide. Those holes are there on purpose.
Sponsored